Community Forum

Stopping an existing recording

Regular Contributor

Stopping an existing recording

How do I stop a recording that's currently in progress? I saw one older thread that said to "press the stop button on the remote," but my remote doesn't have that. (Pause, yes, but not stop.)

Expert

Re: Stopping an existing recording


@ThatDonGuy wrote:

How do I stop a recording that's currently in progress? I saw one older thread that said to "press the stop button on the remote," but my remote doesn't have that. (Pause, yes, but not stop.)


go to recordings, navigate to the recording, move selection to the right to highlight the x and press the OK button to delete.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Stopping an existing recording


@Rustyben wrote:

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

How do I stop a recording that's currently in progress? I saw one older thread that said to "press the stop button on the remote," but my remote doesn't have that. (Pause, yes, but not stop.)


go to recordings, navigate to the recording, move selection to the right to highlight the x and press the OK button to delete.


I don't want to delete the recording; I just want to stop recording it (for example, if I add 30 minutes to the end of a recording because it's a live event, but it ends only 5 minutes "late", I don't want to record the remaining 25 mintues).

Expert

Re: Stopping an existing recording


@ThatDonGuy wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

How do I stop a recording that's currently in progress? I saw one older thread that said to "press the stop button on the remote," but my remote doesn't have that. (Pause, yes, but not stop.)


go to recordings, navigate to the recording, move selection to the right to highlight the x and press the OK button to delete.


I don't want to delete the recording; I just want to stop recording it (for example, if I add 30 minutes to the end of a recording because it's a live event, but it ends only 5 minutes "late", I don't want to record the remaining 25 mintues).


using X1 remote bring up the recording and highlight it. press the OK button, select cancel.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!