Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Stepping through your Favorites List

New Poster

Stepping through your Favorites List

The older remote use to have a favorites button that allowed you to easily step through your favorites list. Does the new X1 system and remote have the same ability?  I don’t want to look at the list, I’d like to just step from channel to channel. 

Official Employee

Re: Stepping through your Favorites List

@jelliottATL wrote:

The older remote use to have a favorites button that allowed you to easily step through your favorites list. Does the new X1 system and remote have the same ability?  I don’t want to look at the list, I’d like to just step from channel to channel. 

Are you referring to PG/Up and PG/Down? What do you mean by "stepping"?

New Poster

Re: Stepping through your Favorites List

By stepping, I mean the following. On the old remote, when you pushed the fav button, the channel changed to the next channel in your favorites list immediately. I had 10 channels tagged as favorites, and it was very easy to go from channel to channel, watching for as long or as short as desired. Now I have to pull up my favorites list, navigate to the next channel, and then select that channel. I used to be able to easily see what’s playing (shows, sports, commercial) on my favorite channel, but I don’t believe that capacity exists now.