Community Forum

Sound dropping out

Frequent Visitor

Sound dropping out

My wife and I recently noticed the sound would occasionally drop out for ~1sec every 20-30 seconds while watching live TV.  Tonight we realized this only occured when while watching live TV on our main set top box when On Demand movies were being viewed on our secondary set top box.  Anyone else see this issue?

Expert

Re: Sound dropping out

@mmengele wrote:

My wife and I recently noticed the sound would occasionally drop out for ~1sec every 20-30 seconds while watching live TV.  Tonight we realized this only occured when while watching live TV on our main set top box when On Demand movies were being viewed on our secondary set top box.  Anyone else see this issue?

please go to the set top box that has drop outs and use voice remote 'about'. what is the STB version line?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

STB Version is
PX001AN_3.0P26s1_PROD_sey
Expert

@mmengele wrote:
STB Version is
PX001AN_3.0P26s1_PROD_sey

suspected as much. the pace (px) version 1 DVR has had and still has audio dropout issues. update to the latest 4k capable version 4 DVR (no clock very small box).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do you update your audio.

Silver Problem Solver

@Xraydog wrote:

How do you update your audio.

Take your X1 box to the nearest Xfinity Store and get a free swap for a newer model.  All you have to give them is the STB; no cables,  no power supply, no remote.  Be sure to use the new power supply, not the old one.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi,
Could you tell me why using the new power supply would matter?
Frequent Visitor

You need to upgrade the entire set top box, not just the power supply.

New Poster

Yes but why would plugging the new box into the old power supply matter? I'm referring to the suggestion above where they said to make sure you use the new power supply.
Frequent Visitor

I'm guessing the power supplies/adapters are different between set-top boxes, so the poster was only reminding folks to get a new power supply with the new STB, rather than try to use the power supply from the old STB.  I don't think the power supply has anything to do with fixing the audio problem.

Silver Problem Solver

@jane8456 wrote:
Yes but why would plugging the new box into the old power supply matter? I'm referring to the suggestion above where they said to make sure you use the new power supply.

This is something ComcastAndrew recommends; the p/s can degrade over time and it is just best practices to replace them since they come with any replacement X1 box.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Gold Problem Solver

The voltage output of the power supply can be different. The plug size can be different.

As mentioned, power supplies can fatigue with age. Always a good idea to swap the power supply. It could very well save you an additional trip to back to the Comcast store.

In regards to the OP's original concern, the original Pace V1 DVR (green power light) has audio dropout issues that Comcast never fully resolved. Any other X1 DVR would be an improvement.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue for me.
AX130AN_3.9p2s1_PROD_sey
Silver Problem Solver

@LCF860191 wrote:
Same issue for me.
AX130AN_3.9p2s1_PROD_sey

Check ALL coax connections and make them tight.

New Poster

That's been done multiple times

New Poster

Been there, done that