Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Sound drop off

New Poster

Sound drop off

Sound drops off 1-3 seconds randomly while watching.  Have a new DVR box, new wiring in house and now a new cable from pole to house.  Problem continues.  Never happens when watching live local news or local commercials. Not the TV because it never happens when we watch DVDs (from redbox).  Even more bizzare is that if we watch the show and record it at the same time, the sound will dropout while watching but not on the recorded DVR version.  Comcast has sent some one to help several times over past 2 years.  No change.  Can anyone offer a solution???

Regular Visitor

Re: Sound drop off

I have the same problem and so do apparently lots and lots of comcast users.  Is comcast doing anything about it?  Who knows?  I doubt it though as my cable guy Mike says the audio drop out I experience is "normal" and when I told him of the tons of messages on this forum about this problem he used as an excuse to not do anything to my system to try to fix it.  I saw an interview on Bloomberg recently of the comcast CEO who seemed nice but of course his TV system works flawlessly.  So sad. Comast is better than it used to be but that's a pretty low bar.

Official Employee

Re: Sound drop off

@RAMABQ, and @rebeth1

This isn't normal. I'd like to help isolate the cause of your audio issues. I will need to review a few things on your account. The first being the signal levels at your homes to see if they could be contributing to your issues. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.