Community Forum

Sound but no picture

New Poster

Sound but no picture

I had an issue with the XG1v4-A where in the morning when we turn on the TV and receiver (the X1 box doesn't go off with the rest of the components), there would be sound but no picture.  I would restart the X1 box and I would have picture back.  This would happen at least once a week, sometimes every other day or so.

Finally I took the box in and swapped it for another XG1v4-A.  All was fine for about a week and this morning it just happened again.  I switched to the Netflix input on the TV, and the picture/sound works fine.  I tried running a different HDMI cable straight from the cable box to the TV (bypassing the receiver) and that also produces sound but no picture.

Anyone else having this issue?

Official Employee

Re: Sound but no picture

Try either the channel up/down or Xfinity button, it may be in power save mode

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Sound but no picture

adding.. when it has no video (due to xg1v4) I change TV input from DVR to chromecast and then back to DVR and video fires up. It appears the powersave 'off' is ignored by the xg1v4.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!