Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

Sound Bar

Frequent Visitor

Sound Bar

Has anyone been successful in pairing a Craig Electronics Sound Bar to a XR11 Voice Remote and X1 DVR box?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Sound Bar

Message contains a hyperlink

Did you try ALL codes?  Sometimes a code for one device works with another one.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I tried about a dozen codes given me by comcast employees, none worked.  Then was told I must exchange the x1 box and reprogram all recording schedules in addition to losing any current recordings.  Then told did not think this would solve problem.  Therefore I will not exchange at this time.  Still would like to know if anyone has had success with Craig sound bar.  Using two remotes is not ideal.

Official Employee

Unfortunately, not all soundbars are supported. Did you try the 992 method? The cable box itself has nothing to do with a sound bar or any other device pairing to the remote
Expert

adding to andrew's answer.. you won't lose a thing in the schedule as it is stored in the cloud. when you receive the box go to the last line of the device settings menu and select sync DVR. if not a DVR no need to do that function.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

What is 992 method?  

Official Employee

@khuiras wrote:

What is 992 method?  

Press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green, press 992, and press the channel up until your soundbar turns off (if it does). When it does press setup to lock it in. Press All Power to test it. If it never powers off, there's no code for it.

Frequent Visitor

Andrew, thanks for info on the 992 method of using remote with sound bar.  Person I had gotten info from said I needed to change the X1 box because that is what controlled sound bar.   

Rusty, thanks also for the info on cloud storage.  Again person I was dealing with before said my info isnot in cloud becuse the X1 box I have is older, installed in 2013 and I would likely need to reset all programs we record and I would lose current recorded programming.  

I did have a problem with X1 box randomly resetting at different times of day and night.  After a service call where tech fixed ground on cable into house and ground on feed from pole I have not had problems.  

therefore I have opted not to replace X1 box at this time.