Community Forum

Some recordings are fine, others are 'cloud based'

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Some recordings are fine, others are 'cloud based'

prefer NOT to have my DVR recordings from the cloud as the sound is limited to 2.0 (not 5.1), the video isn't as crisp and the FF/REW controls seem to have an unpleasant delay to it.

What are some steps I can take to make sure my recordings get to the DVR? I have checked almost every recording and it really is a hodgepodge of when some are fine, and others have to be retrieved from the cloud. In one case, I had 2 simultaneous recordings at 10PM , and 1 was fine and the other was from the cloud

I have made sure every connection is secure - there have been no outages or resetting of boxes recently in my household

what possible could it be?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Some recordings are fine, others are 'cloud based'

It may depend on the type of channel. If it's one of the IP channels (typically ONLY available as a 1000+ number, either as the only number, or if the HD is only 1000+), then it will be a cloud recording. The DVR can only record QAM channels.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Some recordings are fine, others are 'cloud based'

none of the recordings in question are from an IP channel (i do know what those are)

in fact, I'll get multiple recordings of the same show from the same channel and some will be DVR, some will be cloud (in this particular case, the channel is ESPN)