Community Forum

Smart resume not working

Frequent Visitor

Re: Smart resume not working

Thanks!! I'll call them in the next day or so and report back anything I find out or what they did to fix it!!

New Poster

Mine hasn't been working either, I came on here to see if maybe comcast stopped the smart resume . I loved it . Mine hasn't been working over a month and a half
New Poster

Mine are recording the same channels that worked prior to this doesnt make sense . Do they still have smart resume?
New Poster

Never had a problem when it was in labs , but labs are experimental and then if it works and we like it they implement it. obviously they received good feedback , I love it and since they took it out of labs it works on more channels. But yes i agree, we all know how to use it , it's not working not on any channels and this has been going on since atleast end if October. We just want to know if comcast still has this, it's the reason I got comcast actually, I liked the smart resume at a friends .
Most Valued Poster

@Chowar847 wrote:
Never had a problem when it was in labs , but labs are experimental and then if it works and we like it they implement it. obviously they received good feedback , I love it and since they took it out of labs it works on more channels. But yes i agree, we all know how to use it , it's not working not on any channels and this has been going on since atleast end if October. We just want to know if comcast still has this, it's the reason I got comcast actually, I liked the smart resume at a friends .

Thanks for joining those of us who have been protesting that it doesn't work anymore or works erratically.  I have grown weary of the references that we don't how to use it  or its a regional thing when afterall - the process did not change from when it was in Labs but ever since it was made part of the platform it just does not work for so many of us. Why no Comcast employee has not given us any assistance is mindboggling. May I ask what part of the country you live in? I have friends in some areas of the USA that say its working just fine so maybe we need to narrow it down. I am in the Wash DC Metro area in Virginia.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the Wash DC area too (Bowie, MD) nothing new is recording right now other than late-night shows...it worked on the Steven Cobert show last night...weird. When a few more things record I'll report back and let you guys know if it's back to working.

Most Valued Poster

@djr63 wrote:

I'm in the Wash DC area too (Bowie, MD) nothing new is recording right now other than late-night shows...it worked on the Steven Cobert show last night...weird. When a few more things record I'll report back and let you guys know if it's back to working.

==

I am in Woodbridge, Va. Thanks for that feedback. I didn't even know that shows past 10PM would work with smart resume at all. I am waiting to see if more recent prime time shows have started working again. We have so many recordings and trying to catch up. Madame Secretary Sun night on CBS did have the resume working so maybe there is hope.  Fingers crossed and lets keep each other updated.

Regular Visitor

One more data point. Smart Resume works (mostly) on our main DVR box, but won't work (mostly) on our second HD box, even when viewing the same recording. I need to call about it when I have time to sit on the phone.
Silver Problem Solver

@Goober55 wrote:
One more data point. Smart Resume works (mostly) on our main DVR box, but won't work (mostly) on our second HD box, even when viewing the same recording. I need to call about it when I have time to sit on the phone.

Strange; smart resume even works on the recorded show on the website.

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings/6885354108119507112

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

It didn't work on any show I recorded last night. And I recorded things just to see if it would. So I'd say...it's BROKEN! 

I have time today so I will call them and let you guys know what they said.

Have a great day!

@TerriB wrote:

@Chowar847 wrote:

Thanks for joining those of us who have been protesting that it doesn't work anymore or works erratically.  I have grown weary of the references that we don't how to use it  or its a regional thing when afterall - the process did not change from when it was in Labs but ever since it was made part of the platform it just does not work for so many of us. Why no Comcast employee has not given us any assistance is mindboggling. May I ask what part of the country you live in? I have friends in some areas of the USA that say its working just fine so maybe we need to narrow it down. I am in the Wash DC Metro area in Virginia.

Frequent Visitor

@Goober55 wrote:

When it worked for us...it worked on ALL boxes. 

Most Valued Poster

@djr63 wrote:

@Goober55 wrote:

@djr63 wrote:

@Goober55 wrote:

--

I only have one DVR and it worked all the time and now it DOES NOT

Expert

@djr63 wrote:

It didn't work on any show I recorded last night. And I recorded things just to see if it would. So I'd say...it's BROKEN! 

I have time today so I will call them and let you guys know what they said.

Have a great day!

@TerriB wrote:

@Chowar847 wrote:

have you turned on the feature in preferences?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

We have Comcast X1s in two homes in two different cities in California. Smart resume used to work well in both homes, but ever since October, it only works in one of the homes. Smart Resume is turned "On" in Preferences.