Community Forum

Smart Resume not working on NBC

Regular Contributor

Smart Resume not working on NBC

For about the last month the "Smart Resume" feature is not correctly syncing when watching a DVRd recording on a Prime Time NBC program.    It occasionally misfires on Fox as well.   However CBS and ABC programmes seem to sync correctly .

Is there any work being done with this issue?

Official Employee

Re: Smart Resume not working on NBC

Hello jbob. Thanks for posting on our Forum. As of now, I have not received notifications for any known issues with this Comcast Labs feature. For best results, the Smart Resume feature should be used 30 minutes or more after the program has finished airing. Are you experiencing issues beyond 30 minutes after the recording? 

I am happy to help any way that I can. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Yes, as the OP suggests I see it all the time on NBC prime time shows.   And yes days after airing.  Been this way for about a month now.   And as mentioned sometimes I see the sync off with Fox but CBS and ABC prime time seems to work fine.

Perhaps this is not a country wide issue.

Of course when I say it's not working what I mean is it's not syncing correctly.    When using FF the commercial areas are highlighted on the progress bar but the commercial areas do not sync to actual commercials.

Regular Contributor

Just to update this topic.......

I recorded 2 back to back episodes on the NBC program "The Blacklist" on Friday night.   I watched them both the following day and the Smart Resume feature worked perfectly.

Not sure if any changes were made or this was random but I will keep checking.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@jbob wrote:

I recorded 2 back to back episodes on the NBC program "The Blacklist" on Friday night.   I watched them both the following day and the Smart Resume feature worked perfectly.

Just checking; is Smart Resume still on in Settings?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen

We have been told that options in ComcastLabs are tests and there is no guarantee they will work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@jbob wrote:

Just checking; is Smart Resume still on in Settings?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen

We have been told that options in ComcastLabs are tests and there is no guarantee they will work.

Yes, this is more or less true. All ComcastLabs features are in Beta. Glad you're no longer seeing the issue, jbob.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!