Community Forum

Small set top boxes continually ask for restart

New Poster

Small set top boxes continually ask for restart

Satellite boxes on all remote tv's constantly ask for reboot and to check connections. Connections are all right and main tv with dvr works.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Small set top boxes continually ask for restart

You may think they’re good but they’re probably not. Those smaller boxes need a good clean signal from the main box to work properly. Do you have a lot of splitters or an amp

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Everything is as it was after installation and when we went to sleep last night everything worked fine. This morning the only tv set working is the main one with the dvr. I can see maybe one having an issue but all three (3) having the same issue at the same time  is a streach. Do I need to call the service guys out because I'm not climbing through the house checking connections. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Try resetting the main box. Something happened for the little boxes to lose communication with the main box. After that, you may need a tech

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I unplugged the router for @30 seconds and then plugged it back in. After it finally came back online the main tv with the dvr worked but none of the satellite boxes are working. I'll reboot the dvr but after that it's the service guys.