Community Forum

Slingbox: Lost Control of Cable TV functions

New Poster

Slingbox: Lost Control of Cable TV functions

I can no longer initiate any control of my cable tv functions (like those on the remote) with slingbox. Slingbox connects fine, but all I can do is to watch the channel that's on. Even if I use the browser slingplayer and click on a channel in the guide, nothing happens. The box has been reset, reconfigured, and the ir blaster placed appropriately. Though this shouldn't even matter when I'm using the browser slingplayer with the online guide. ??????????????????

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the lawsuit that is preventing the functions in the xfinity stream app from workiing?

Expert

Re: Slingbox: Lost Control of Cable TV functions

@Tom537 wrote:

I can no longer initiate any control of my cable tv functions (like those on the remote) with slingbox. Slingbox connects fine, but all I can do is to watch the channel that's on. Even if I use the browser slingplayer and click on a channel in the guide, nothing happens. The box has been reset, reconfigured, and the ir blaster placed appropriately. Though this shouldn't even matter when I'm using the browser slingplayer with the online guide. ??????????????????

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the lawsuit that is preventing the functions in the xfinity stream app from workiing?

when you are at home you will have to set up the IR blaster and codes again to determine the problem. a reboot of the streambox may fix the issue, too.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Re: Slingbox: Lost Control of Cable TV functions

I am at home and already did a complete reset/setup of the slingbox and and the slingbox has was already rebooted. There are no codes specific to the blaster that I know of. The setup was programmed to my xfinity remote model.