Community Forum

Sleep Timer?

Visitor

Sleep Timer?

I have just gotten Comcast set up at my house and have not been able to find the sleep timer on the xfinity remote they supply. Is there one? If so, where do I find it?
Official Employee

Re: Sleep Timer?

Dalyles525 wrote:
I have just gotten Comcast set up at my house and have not been able to find the sleep timer on the xfinity remote they supply. Is there one? If so, where do I find it?

Sorry, there isn't one.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

X1 doesn't have a sleep timer but maybe your TV does...???

Also, higher quality universal remote controls have sleep timers. I use Harmony 900 remotes and they have sleep timers that work perfectly.

Dalyles525 wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Go to settings then device settings then power saver set ut to 1 hour it will go into power savung mode after 1 hour of inactivty its not perfect but better than nothing.
Frequent Visitor

Go to settings then device settings then power saver set ut to 1 hour it will go into power savung mode after 1 hour of inactivty its not perfect but better than nothing..
Gold Problem Solver

But it won't turn off the TV which missed the the original posters point.
Gold Problem Solver

Sfath1975 wrote:
Go to settings then device settings then power saver set ut to 1 hour it will go into power savung mode after 1 hour of inactivty its not perfect but better than nothing..

As Rick stated, this will only turn off the box and not the TV.  However, if your TV has a setting which senses an HDMI signal and will auto turn-off when the signal is lost then it would also turn off once the box enters power save mode.   Mine does on a very new Samsung LED in the MBR and the Panny Plasma in the LR.

New Poster

It is just ridculous that you are going backwards and do not have a sleep timer.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Post Removed for Bypassing the Forum Language Filters. You can review the Forum Guidelines at this link: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Gold Problem Solver

Topic now Closed.