Community Forum

Signal strength

New Poster

Signal strength

For the last 2 months was have been experiencing poor signal strength on both our x1 box and pace box. 

Tech came out and told us fcc was reducing the power levels and that is part of the problem we were having. We were also told we could not use miutiple splitters . We had two of them a two port suppling a 3 port for year with no problems 

Our levels on the Xbox are  downstream  snr 35.9 dB , power -15.4 dbmv

Upstream 55.5  tenth  dbmv . this box is connected  to a two way splitter

Any suggestions, I’m starting to consider retiring the house with home runs to each room. Which it would prefer not to do

any help would be appreciated 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Signal strength

You probably need another tech out to at least replace one splitter with a no loss amp. Your upstream is way too high and downstream is way too low. The FCC has nothing to do with signal levels.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Greetings, mjbitondo! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with your signal. Certainly frustrating when you're trying to game. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, mjbitondo. I have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!