Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Shaded or dark area across screen

New Poster

Shaded or dark area across screen

There is a shaded darker area going across the top 25% of the Vizio screen. Visio support said to test with a DVD. The DVD looks fine. And no dark area across Vizio menu screen. Tv is not even two years old.
Could it be the X1 DVR box?

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: Shaded or dark area across screen

I had the same problem on one of my tv's today. I thought the TV had gone bad.  Fortunately it is small  (22 inches), and I had a similar

one in my house, so switched tv's and was surprised to see it (the shadow) also on the 2nd TV.  Now knowing it was the box, I restarted it and that solved the problem.

All Replies
Expert

What is the X1 box screen resolution setting?

Expert

@Klin1 wrote:
There is a shaded darker area going across the top 25% of the Vizio screen. Visio support said to test with a DVD. The DVD looks fine. And no dark area across Vizio menu screen. Tv is not even two years old.
Could it be the X1 DVR box?

adding to Robert's reply, I have 2 vizio TVs and no bars (curtains) on HD channels. are you speaking of HD television service?

Regular Contributor

I had the same problem on one of my tv's today. I thought the TV had gone bad.  Fortunately it is small  (22 inches), and I had a similar

one in my house, so switched tv's and was surprised to see it (the shadow) also on the 2nd TV.  Now knowing it was the box, I restarted it and that solved the problem.