Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Set top box/remote control issue

Frequent Visitor

Set top box/remote control issue

I have two TV's.  The one with the larger box works fine.  A few days ago, the TV with the small box developed a problem.  When the TV is turned on, a menu "Select a Language" appears. The remote "OK" button when pushed, will not select a language. The remote will turn the TV on or off, the "Input" button works, but no other key on the remote works.  I've unpluged the small box several times, and also tried unpluging the large box, but neither fixed the problem.  I also did a online "refresh", and that didn't work either.  Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Set top box/remote control issue

@ze wrote:

I have two TV's.  The one with the larger box works fine.  A few days ago, the TV with the small box developed a problem.  When the TV is turned on, a menu "Select a Language" appears. The remote "OK" button when pushed, will not select a language. The remote will turn the TV on or off, the "Input" button works, but no other key on the remote works.  I've unpluged the small box several times, and also tried unpluging the large box, but neither fixed the problem.  I also did a online "refresh", and that didn't work either.  Any suggestions?

Clear the pairing code, press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987

Frequent Visitor

Re: Set top box/remote control issue

Yes, that fixed the problem!

Thanks a bunch!!!