Community Forum

Second X1 box will not connect

Frequent Visitor

Second X1 box will not connect

I signed up for X1 and picked up two boxes a couple of days ago.  I set up the primary box with no problems, ad I'm watching tv fine there.  However, the 2nd box has yet to connect.  I've checked all cables numerous times, reset, unplugged and it still w2on't work.  Here's what happens:  I first get the message "Welcome to the X1 platform. Powering up. This may take a few minutes." This lasts a minute or so, and then I get this message "Welcome to the X1 Platform. Connecting to your entertainment experience."  This lasts about 5 minutes, trying to connect, and then I get "We're Having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform. Please try the following..." I've tried the reccomended steps numerous tmes.  My connection are tight, I've got the tv tuned to the correct HDMI channel, I've unplugged for 10 seconds or more, and is still won't work.

This morning, a tech came to install a filter to the line, and sai the filter is so the boxes will talk to each other. This hasn't made any difference.

Sorry for the long-winded question.  Any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Second X1 box will not connect

Should also mention I've seen two error codes - RDK 03009 and RDK 03004

Expert

kcanderson13 wrote:

I signed up for X1 and picked up two boxes a couple of days ago.  I set up the primary box with no problems, ad I'm watching tv fine there.  However, the 2nd box has yet to connect.  I've checked all cables numerous times, reset, unplugged and it still w2on't work.  Here's what happens:  I first get the message "Welcome to the X1 platform. Powering up. This may take a few minutes." This lasts a minute or so, and then I get this message "Welcome to the X1 Platform. Connecting to your entertainment experience."  This lasts about 5 minutes, trying to connect, and then I get "We're Having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform. Please try the following..." I've tried the reccomended steps numerous tmes.  My connection are tight, I've got the tv tuned to the correct HDMI channel, I've unplugged for 10 seconds or more, and is still won't work.

This morning, a tech came to install a filter to the line, and sai the filter is so the boxes will talk to each other. This hasn't made any difference.

can you hook up the 'other' box to the working connection and see if it activates? that would show the problem is box or cable run.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

kcanderson13 wrote:

I sent a bunch of signals to your box.  Please pull the power plug for 15 seconds and plug it back in. 

Let me know if things change. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My main DVR box works fine.  The 2 additional boxes are not responding and have the code RDK 03004.  Comcast has sent multiple signals to correct this but nothing works.  I have rebooked all 3 boxes and nothing changes.  Any ideas?  I am in the Tier 2 list for a phone call for assistance in 24-48 hrs.. Help!!

New Poster

I'm having the same trouble with my main X1 box . My cable went out 4 times in one week, and after wasting 2 hours of my life o hold, and speaking to support staff that is just training - I found out that they had just finished installing a software update to the system, and it seems that it didn't go as planned. I was dealing with it because I could watch the game in the bedroom, but I am very angry about the amount of time I wasted on hold, just for them to flash my boxes with a new signal that doesn't work for this issue. The main X1 box will start, and say that it's connecting. But after 5 minutes it says that it had a problem connecting, and to either try again later, or to call Comcast. I'm going to leave Comcast if it happens again. I have been a customer for 8 years, and I deserve to have my phone call answered within a half hour of holding. Especially since I have already called twice that week with the same problem. Comcast seems to have patched the update issue, but who was the jerk that didn't make sure the software was a good update before ruining 4 evenings with my husband. I pay WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR THE SERVICE THAT WE RECEIVED. ANOTHER ISSUE, AND I AM GONE FOR GOOD!
New Poster

It's been the main box that has had most of the problems. When it's not working, I have received several different error messages and not 1 was the same.
Expert

notx1happy wrote:
I'm having the same trouble with my main X1 box . My cable went out 4 times in one week, and after wasting 2 hours of my life o hold, and speaking to support staff that is just training - I found out that they had just finished installing a software update to the system, and it seems that it didn't go as planned. I was dealing with it because I could watch the game in the bedroom, but I am very angry about the amount of time I wasted on hold, just for them to flash my boxes with a new signal that doesn't work for this issue. The main X1 box will start, and say that it's connecting. But after 5 minutes it says that it had a problem connecting, and to either try again later, or to call Comcast. I'm going to leave Comcast if it happens again. I have been a customer for 8 years, and I deserve to have my phone call answered within a half hour of holding. Especially since I have already called twice that week with the same problem. Comcast seems to have patched the update issue, but who was the jerk that didn't make sure the software was a good update before ruining 4 evenings with my husband. I pay WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR THE SERVICE THAT WE RECEIVED. ANOTHER ISSUE, AND I AM GONE FOR GOOD!

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

notx1happy wrote:
It's been the main box that has had most of the problems. When it's not working, I have received several different error messages and not 1 was the same.

You geographic location ( WEATHER ) can interrupt and also cause signal issues..... you are describing signal problems...  it is best to get a Tech onsite to look at your residence first, and then the neighborhood FEED into your area....  X1 is NOT your old legacy system where a crappy signal could still effectively deliver cable.....many more factors are involved in a smotth running X1 system.....

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

The odds that you are having signal issues/problems are very high. I would call and and schedule a tech visit. You need to get a tech out there to look at your signals. Try an online chat or the X1 hotline at 866-896-8678. You have fixable/correctable issues but the odds they can be fixed remotely are poor.

Threats about leaving are unnecessary. They fall on deaf ears. By the way, people having similar issues are discussed in this forum on a daily if not hourly basis. Your course of action to get this resolved was not hard to find...

notx1happy wrote:

Problem Solver

notx1happy wrote:

I'd be happy to look at your signal levels on the main DVR box.  However, you didn't sign up with an @Comcast.net account, therefore I can't look up your account. 

PM me your account info if you would like some assistance

Brandon

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Michelle0817 wrote:

My main DVR box works fine.  The 2 additional boxes are not responding and have the code RDK 03004.  Comcast has sent multiple signals to correct this but nothing works.  I have rebooked all 3 boxes and nothing changes.  Any ideas?  I am in the Tier 2 list for a phone call for assistance in 24-48 hrs.. Help!!

The box in your Master Bedroom needed a firmware update. I pushed that through. Please pull the power plug on that one for 30 seconds, then plug back in. 

Let me know how things are working after.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon