Community Forum

Search feature...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Search feature...

What happened to "Search"??? It now displays a couple of picture boxes rather than the vast reslts of the past??

HORRIBLE!!!

Official Employee

Re: Search feature...

Hi @deedlejfe,

Thank you for the feedback and for continuing to be a valued customer.  We are always looking to make continuous improvements and customer input on our various features is extremely significant to our process.  We would love to get some additional detail on what aspects of the changes to search that you found frustrating and or limiting in addition what changes would help improve your experience going forward.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The new search is a huge step backward:

your so-called results are limited to a very few unrelated illustrated boxes, VERY unengaging to your customer - unless you are 5 years old. Worthless.

The "old" search  brought up a plethora of possibilities, leading the customer to research all kinds of options you offer - very "sticky" - which is EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT! Extremely responsive & intuitive. I explored tons of stuff you have available that is now hidden in the new dumbed-down version.

Thank you for the opportunity to Feedback

Official Employee

Hi @deedlejfe,

Thank you for the additional details.  It sounds like you use search for exploratory purposes, which is great.  Would you find supplemental rows of content grouped based on different categories useful in the result set alongside the All Results row, or is the horizontal visual presentation of the results set simply not as effective as the traditional list presentation? 

Additionally, would you find it useful for search suggestions to be presented along with the results that would allow you to find related content searches?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I didn't start out using Search for exploratory purposes, but the generous results led me to that added feature ( the aforementioned "stickiness") and really enhanced the Xfinity experience.

I have a 93 year old Mother who also is an Xfinity customer (!!!) and I do/did lots of searches for her to get a lineup ready for veiwing finding many interesting things through the "old" Search. (I used the now removed Remote Record feature also on a daily basis so I was able to program her box from my ipad from wherever I was. That was terrific, but also gone.)

The horizontal lineup just provided gobs more easy - to - read info, keeping your customer engaged and curious.

New Poster

I agree that this change is anything but an improvement. I use search for search (not browsing), but the picture view doesn't show nearly enough results and the pictures themselves are hard to scan since the text is tiny and the pictures are unclear on a medium-size Tv (i.e. < 50"). A text list is far more usable for scanning and finding things.

Why isn't there an option so the user can choose which display they want? The mini covers are a usability nightmare.

Official Employee

We appreciate the feedback @deedlejfe.  I unfortunately don't have any updates at the moment but did you want you to know that your input has been captured.  We are going to be continuely evaluating our search functionality in the months to come to tune and improve the experience and your thoughts are helpful.  

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for listening!

JFE

Frequent Visitor

Have to agree that these recent changes to Search are big downgrades to the search functionality for same reasoning as shared here already. All customers should find this new format of mostly uninformative, space wasting and now horizontal scrolling forever to find desired content ... far worse than prior design. We do, so thanks for anythng you can do on getting this reversed !!!