Community Forum

Search Results Show Pay/Rent Only - Not Free

Regular Visitor

Search Results Show Pay/Rent Only - Not Free

When searching for shows & movies I recently noticed that only those shows that you have to pay for come up in the results.  For example, I searched for Harry Potter, and all the HP movies came up ... none for free.  However, tomorrow there is a Harry Potter on the SyFy channel that's part of my plan.  What changed with Comcast?  Why aren't I seeing the tab that says "ways to watch" anymore?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Search Results Show Pay/Rent Only - Not Free

@lqkeller wrote:

When searching for shows & movies I recently noticed that only those shows that you have to pay for come up in the results.  For example, I searched for Harry Potter, and all the HP movies came up ... none for free.  However, tomorrow there is a Harry Potter on the SyFy channel that's part of my plan.  What changed with Comcast?  Why aren't I seeing the tab that says "ways to watch" anymore?

searching finds everything (not free things). the guide can be set to free to me view. you can press the xfinity button, 'saved', 'for you' and scroll to free movies. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes, I do the "free to me" on the guide; however, previously I was able to search for a particular show or movie (and find it on a channel that was part of my plan) coming up in the future and schedule it to be recorded.   Now I have to scroll through the entire guide section by section to see what's on.    In my previous example of Harry Potter, I went to Search & typed in "Harry Potter".  The full series list came up for Rent/Buy .... nothing showed about it playing for free for me on the SyFy channel.   The same thing for TV shows that I watch -- On Demand used to be free now there is a charge.  If I'm missing a step during the search function, I would greatly appreciate knowing what it is.  If the suggestion is that I do the Free to Me and then scroll and scroll and scroll .... that's frustrating.  I'm sure that Comcast has the technology to bring up all results -- paid & free -- for any search.  That's all I'm looking for.  Thanks for your reply ... at least someone is listening.

Expert

@lqkeller wrote:

Yes, I do the "free to me" on the guide; however, previously I was able to search for a particular show or movie (and find it on a channel that was part of my plan) coming up in the future and schedule it to be recorded.   Now I have to scroll through the entire guide section by section to see what's on.    In my previous example of Harry Potter, I went to Search & typed in "Harry Potter".  The full series list came up for Rent/Buy .... nothing showed about it playing for free for me on the SyFy channel.   The same thing for TV shows that I watch -- On Demand used to be free now there is a charge.  If I'm missing a step during the search function, I would greatly appreciate knowing what it is.  If the suggestion is that I do the Free to Me and then scroll and scroll and scroll .... that's frustrating.  I'm sure that Comcast has the technology to bring up all results -- paid & free -- for any search.  That's all I'm looking for.  Thanks for your reply ... at least someone is listening.

search gives you everything including netflix, live or in the future, on-demand, etc. some are free some are paid on demand. nothing different but for me on xfinity menu sorts them out for you into free.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I'm curious, please do a search for "Harry Potter" and see if the movies on SyFy or other included channels comes up or only those that you have to pay for.  If you see it  all options then I'll have to take this up with my local office and find out why I don't see anything that's for an extra fee or "free."  Thanks.

Expert

@lqkeller wrote:

I'm curious, please do a search for "Harry Potter" and see if the movies on SyFy or other included channels comes up or only those that you have to pay for.  If you see it  all options then I'll have to take this up with my local office and find out why I don't see anything that's for an extra fee or "free."  Thanks.

all came up (did that when you asked to see what you were seeing). 

Regular Visitor

Thank you.