Community Forum

Screensaver

Highlighted
New Poster

Screensaver

I really would like the ability to disable the screensaver.  We purposely leave the TV on for our pets as the noise helps to keep them calm and distract them with storms and/or traffic.  This was not an issue until they came in 2 days ago and switched out my X1 box with a new one.  It wouldn't be so much of an issue except when the screensaver comes on the sound from the TV is also disabled.  Please for all those out there with pets include an option to disable the screensaver, or make it only come on when there is a static image on the screen (e. g. program paused, guide, etc.).

Problem Solver

Re: Screensaver

What is the model number of the X1 box you now have?   I have an XG2v2-P model and had been participating in a thread, https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Pandora-App-and-Screen-Saver-issue/m-p/3243648#M179046,  reporting an issue where when using the Pandora app, when the screen timed out the audio would stop on Pandora until a key was depressed on the remote.  I changed my timeout to 5 hours to get past the issue.  Now, after setting the timeout back to 5 mins, the screen DOES NOT timeout but stays on the Pandora display.  It appears they may have updated the software in my box to disable the timeout.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

Re: Screensaver

Hi there, John0792. It has been more than a week since we last heard from you. I am going to close out your post. if you have any other questions, please feel free to make a new one. Take care! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!