Community Forum

Screensaver Images locations?

New Poster

Screensaver Images locations?

To Comcast Scrrensaver Images Team or the Comcast powers that be: Where can I find acces to the screensaver images library with actual locations’ names? It would be nice to know where the places featured are, kind of short sighted not to include the name of the locations if not on the image itself, at least give a link on where to find the details, and use them an engagement tool or content marketing... while not frustrating viewers by withholding info that is clearly in demand based on the number of posts asking the same question...thanks!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Screensaver Images locations?

@GDC5 wrote:
To Comcast Scrrensaver Images Team or the Comcast powers that be: Where can I find acces to the screensaver images library with actual locations’ names? It would be nice to know where the places featured are, kind of short sighted not to include the name of the locations if not on the image itself, at least give a link on where to find the details, and use them an engagement tool or content marketing... while not frustrating viewers by withholding info that is clearly in demand based on the number of posts asking the same question...thanks!

Some have been found using the Google picture search.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Some of the pictures look like Iceland I was there a few weeks ago.
New Poster

The pictures look like a few places in Iceland.
New Poster

Yes, night after night my husband and I see all these beautiful photos and get frustrated because we don't know the locations and would very much like to!  They are beautiful, and why not give credit to xfinity and/or the photographers, satisfy their curious and loyal customers, and, if they were smart, create a potential huge following and positive social networking and free advertising for themselves???

Xfinity..... are you listening???

New Poster

No, I don't think they are listening. 

Silver Problem Solver

@DreaMcKay wrote:

No, I don't think they are listening. 

Since this is a user-to-user forum, you might try Facebook or Twitter.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

The circular stone bridge over a river is called a devils bridge. It is in Gablenz, Germany. Just found out with a random search of natural landscape images
New Poster

I want to know where that photo back in March, I believe, is located with the lonely road driving into very large and ominous looking mountains. It looked like the photographer was headed into Mordor, yet I can't find this photo anywhere.
Official Employee

Hello everyone! 

We are glad to hear you are enjoying the photography used for the X1 screensavers!

Unfortunately we are not at liberty to provide the image sources at this time. However, I will absolutely pass along everyone's feedback to be taken into consideration for future updates to the platform.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So you can't credit the artists you use? Seriously that's ridiculous.
Official Employee

Unfortunately, it is up to copyright owner of the content whether or not they wish to have that information made public. We do apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!