Community Forum

Screen stutter when second tv is streaming

Contributor

Screen stutter when second tv is streaming

I have an odd issue. On our primay tv running the Arris MX011BNM everything works perfectly. When our secondary tv running the companion Pace box is streaming Netflix the primary tv screen will flicker/stutter every 7-10 seconds. When streaming is stopped on the secondary box the primary returns to normal. Thoughts? Bad signal/wiring?

Expert

Re: Screen stutter when second tv is streaming

@eeemoney wrote:

I have an odd issue. On our primay tv running the Arris MX011BNM everything works perfectly. When our secondary tv running the companion Pace box is streaming Netflix the primary tv screen will flicker/stutter every 7-10 seconds. When streaming is stopped on the secondary box the primary returns to normal. Thoughts? Bad signal/wiring?

what is the model number of the pace set top box? have you tried changing it for an xg2 companion?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I don't think it is the companion boxes that are the problem. It seems to be the connection from the companions to the main Arris box. I'm going to swap out the 8 port amplified switch block where cable enters the house to see if that is the issue. We had a brand new line run from the tap so we should not need an amplified splitter. 

Expert

@eeemoney wrote:

I don't think it is the companion boxes that are the problem. It seems to be the connection from the companions to the main Arris box. I'm going to swap out the 8 port amplified switch block where cable enters the house to see if that is the issue. We had a brand new line run from the tap so we should not need an amplified splitter. 

the way MoCA works requires that all MoCA connected devices are on the same 'splitter'. The Comcast tech may replace that device if needed on a home service call. An In-house Comcast employee tech will have the technical diagnostic tools to test MoCA connection between devices.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, eeemoney. Thanks for posting. Since you're experiencing Netflix quality problems on more than one box, we're going to need to look into your premise signal strength/diagnostics. I see you came across the Netflix thread I've been continuously involved in where this is happening to several people on their DVR hub only, which is a separate issue than what you're experiencing here. How is the connection with your internet service? Is everything working OK there?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Hello. I'm actually experiencing the exact Netflix issue on my primary Arris box as described in the other thread. Additionally, when Netflix or on demand is being watched on a companion TV there are no issues on that TV but live TV on the primary Arris box experiences a similar stutter. When the secondary companion box stops Netflix or on demand the problem goes away on the main Arris box/TV.
Contributor

Internet service is fine pulling down 250mbs.
Contributor

I swapped out the splitter and also the Arris box and still have this issue. Is there a way for Comcast to remotely check my cable signal levels?
Silver Problem Solver

@eeemoney wrote:
I swapped out the splitter and also the Arris box and still have this issue. Is there a way for Comcast to remotely check my cable signal levels?

Some time ago, I called 1800comcast and they seemed to be able to check them.  No guarantee.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

It was a pleasure working with you, eeemoney. I'm glad we were able to fix this issue with a 4K DVR box swap. Thank you for your time and for providing an update upon receiving confirmation that the issue was fixed. Take care!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

It was a pleasure working with you, eeemoney. I'm glad we were able to fix this issue with a 4K DVR box swap. Thank you for your time and for providing an update upon receiving confirmation that the issue was fixed. Take care!

what was the problem and how was it fixed?