Community Forum

Screen is dark. More so at the top of the screen

Frequent Visitor

Screen is dark. More so at the top of the screen

Yesterday morning when one of the TV's in my house was turned on, the image changed back and forth from normal to dark. Now it is just dark. I restarted the box, checked by LED TV settings and confirmed it is the Xfinity as a Blu Ray played fine. Is this a service problem, or the box?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Screen is dark. More so at the top of the screen

Have you tried swapping HDMI cables? Have you tried different inputs on your TV?

More importantly, do you have another X1 box in the house you can swap locations with?

jlr3266 wrote:

Yesterday morning when one of the TV's in my house was turned on, the image changed back and forth from normal to dark. Now it is just dark. I restarted the box, checked by LED TV settings and confirmed it is the Xfinity as a Blu Ray played fine. Is this a service problem, or the box?

Frequent Visitor

I switched out the HDMI cables and swapped inputs with no success. When adjusting resolution settings on the cable box the image is bright momentarily before going dark again.

There is another X1 box, but have not had a chance to swap it. That box and tv are bright.

Gold Problem Solver

Well,

The exercise of swapping the box locations will ultimately provide the answer. You won't know what the real issue is until you try it. However I suspect the box needs to be exchanged and I think you should have it done by a tech.

jlr3266 wrote:

I switched out the HDMI cables and swapped inputs with no success. There is another X1 box, but have not had a chance to swap it. When adjustingreolution settings on the cable box the image is bright momentarily before going dark again.

New Poster

I also have this problem at random with one of our boxes. We know it is specific to this box and I've been able to get rid of it but sadly didn't write it down. It's doing it again right now 😠 if I figure it out I'll post it in here
New Poster

Power off the cable box for a minute and power back on.

Replace the box.