Community Forum

Screen Saver

Frequent Visitor

Screen Saver

Where do I turn off the Screen Saver?  I can find a setting to change the time before it comes on but nothing to turn it OFF!

Very upsetting to be watching a race and suddenly there are pictures of flowers showing on the screen.  I want that puppy turned OFF.

Expert

Re: Screen Saver

@KarenBar wrote:

Where do I turn off the Screen Saver?  I can find a setting to change the time before it comes on but nothing to turn it OFF!

Very upsetting to be watching a race and suddenly there are pictures of flowers showing on the screen.  I want that puppy turned OFF.

an older XRE (menu) software version caused that issue. say "about" with voice remote, top line should be 86.1.* or later.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the Release Version is 86.1.0. 

And again, How do I turn off the Screen Saver?

Official Employee

@KarenBar wrote:

Yes, the Release Version is 86.1.0. 

And again, How do I turn off the Screen Saver?

Sorry, there is no OFF setting. You can set it to come on at different at different intervals, 5,15,30 minutes or 5 hours 

Xfintiy button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Screen Saver

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply Andrew.  Have to say that no OFF button is BAD!  When I am watching a long race or a day of football come this fall, you will be remembered.  But I guess it was the answer I expected from a company that doesn't even provide a user manual on what all the buttons on the remote do.

Official Employee

But I guess it was the answer I expected from a company that doesn't even provide a user manual on what all the buttons on the remote do.
________

Did you mean an accurate answer? Sorry, there’s no Off position, there’s never been one. When the screen saver pops up, press the Xfinity button and it goes away. And for your remote check here, If there’s something you’re still stumped on, ask away.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.