Community Forum

Scheduled reminders are missing

Regular Visitor

Scheduled reminders are missing

for years i have been able to hit the "xfinity" button, go to "saved" and the options have been "for you" "recordings" "scheduled" "favorites" "purchases" "playlists". But now "recordings" and "scheduled" are missing.  I do not have DVR, so the "recordings" is no big deal, but without the "scheduled" i can no longer see what shows or movies that i have marked to be reminded to watch. I can still set a series or movie reminder when looking at the guide. But i can no longer see a list of series or movies i have set reminders for. 

I have tried a support chat, they never called back

My wife called, they had no answer except "i assume it's because you have no DVR"

i went in person to the "store", and was told "there has been an update and they probably took it off because you hav eno DVR"

i even replaced thge box like the guy at the store suggested, didn't work.

Setting reminders is mostly useless now, i look at the list to help me decide if we are going to watrch cable or do something else.

Does anyone have any ideas, or actual information on why these options are gone?

According to the support website, 

Viewing and Modifying Program Reminders from the Saved Menu
Press the xfinity button on your remote control and navigate to the Saved menu.
In the Saved menu, use the right arrow button to navigate to the Scheduled section.
Reminders will appear as a View Option on the left, in the second row.
The view option will allow DVR users to switch between a 14-day view of scheduled recordings and a 14-day view of scheduled reminders.
The scheduled reminders list will be available for both DVR and non-DVR customers
The default view for DVR accounts will be "Recordings"
The only view for non-DVR accounts will be "Reminders"
From the scheduled reminders list, users will be able to view, modify and cancel any reminder that is scheduled to remind on that TV Box over the next 14 days.
As new reminders are scheduled, they will begin to appear in the list.

Official Employee

Re: Scheduled reminders are missing

WE are aware of this issue and are rolling out a fix ASAP.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you, I'm glad that someone finally new what I was talking about. Can't wait until it's fixed, it's a feature I use often.
Regular Visitor

I am happy to say, as of a few minutes ago, when i checked, my "Scheduled" is back and i can now see what reminders have been set. 

New Poster

Same exact issue here - no DVD and my 'scheduled' option is gone also! Just spent an hour online with the chat customer service who had no idea what I was talking about. Sorry you are having the issue too, but glad to know it's not just our house.

New Poster

Thank you Comcast - when can we expect a fix?

Frequent Visitor

I have just finished a support case on this very subject. In my area - St Paul, Minnesota - they have completely removed the ability to look at and manage the list of reminders for the day or upcoming days. I was told it's only per show per airing on the Guide. It's probably done to get us to subscribe to DVR Smiley Wink

The reminders still function for the most part, but no more viewing program reminders from a simple list. I told her how much we depend on this function for our daily enjoyment. I'm investigating avenues of  complaint within Xfinity. It would be nice to bring our complaints and problems more directly towardthe people who actually make changes and decisions. Hope your  issue gets response and repair.

Expert

@chgenrich wrote:

I have just finished a support case on this very subject. In my area - St Paul, Minnesota - they have completely removed the ability to look at and manage the list of reminders for the day or upcoming days. I was told it's only per show per airing on the Guide. It's probably done to get us to subscribe to DVR Smiley Wink

The reminders still function for the most part, but no more viewing program reminders from a simple list. I told her how much we depend on this function for our daily enjoyment. I'm investigating avenues of  complaint within Xfinity. It would be nice to bring our complaints and problems more directly towardthe people who actually make changes and decisions. Hope your  issue gets response and repair.

you posted in the X1 area of the forum. did you press the Xfinity button on the remote >> Saved >> scheduled >> down >> up >> OK >> and select reminders?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Sure did - that menu option for 'scheduled' was completely gone as you can see in the picture of the 'saved' menu option below (it should have been right after 'For You' and before 'Favorites'. However, I did a full system refresh today and that menu option is now back where it should be. Appears someone at comcast got the issue fixed and restored that functionality for non-dvr users - thank you @ComcastChad!!!!!!

Comcast Saved Menu.png

Regular Visitor

And unfortunately, it's gone for me again today. It worked for about a day and now it's gone. I just did a system refresh and it didn't fix it.