Community Forum

Scheduled recordings list problem

Contributor

Scheduled recordings list problem

After searching thru the forums I see this has been an issue for a couple of years, but I don’t see any answers to fix it. 

When trying to delete recordings in the scheduled recordings list, the list jumps up to the top of the list after cancelling a recording. Not bad when you are at the top of the list but when you get farther down it’s very annoying. I use this list a lot because I keep getting series recording at all different times because they say NEW in the guide when they’ve already been recorded at the correct time. Also, very annoying. If a recording is cancelled, it should also remove that recording from the list. 

Official Employee

Re: Scheduled recordings list problem

Hi @schnappsy

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum. We are aware of the issues going on with the DVR's and believe your issues are related. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. No DVR recordings will be lost due to this issue. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @schnappsy

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum. We are aware of the issues going on with the DVR's and believe your issues are related. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. No DVR recordings will be lost due to this issue. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for the answer, but the scheduled recordings list problem has nothing to do with the DVR cloud issue. The scheduled list issue was reported in the forums over 2 years ago and nothing done about it.  And for the record, I have lost recordings that landed in the cloud debacle. 

I, as others, am beginning to wonder why I’m spending almost $200 a month and I don’t even have Showtime. I had to give that up to get the price under $200, yet I spoke to a friend today and she has triple play, and showtime and HBO and other goodies and she pays $182 and change. Unbelievable. I will be going to my local Xfinity store to discuss this. You should want to keep a customer who has been with Comcast from the beginning. Just sayin’. 

Official Employee

@schnappsy

The issues that you have reported, can very well be related to the issues that are currently being investigated. Although that issue was reported 2 years ago, there could be something on the back end that is broken causing this issue to return. With this type of technology, the cause of this issue before could be different what's causing it now. I will continue to post updates regarding a resolution once more are provided. 

As for your billing concerns, I'd be happy to review your account to see if there is a better promotion that fits your needs. If you'd like to discuss your options, feel free to send me a private message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

I don’t want to start a war here but the problems with the schedule recording list has been going on for 2 years+., long before this DVR problem of the last week. 

I may take you up on the offer of an account review but I think I will start with the Xfinity store. I want to look the person I deal with in the eyes. 

‘’Thanks for the response. 

Official Employee

You're welcome, and I understand your frustration regarding the scheduled recordings. My only concern about attempting troubleshooting right now is the fact that there is a known issue that could be contributing to your concerns, and any attempts at troubleshooting would not be successful right now. If the scheduling issue is not resolved once the known issue is resolved, I can work in it for you then. 

If you would like to discuss your billing options, just let me know. I'd be happy to help.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.