Community Forum

Saved DVR shows are disappearing

Frequent Visitor

Saved DVR shows are disappearing

Why is it that recordings of multiples of the same show that I have saved and not watched have disappeared from my dvr even though I am no where near my maximum?    I realize that I can probably access them On Demand - but that necessitates having to track down what episode I last watched.   Why are they disappearing from my saved file?

Problem Solver

Re: Saved DVR shows are disappearing

I am not sure this will help but it is worth trying.

I know you have been thru these steps but will list them in order for others who read this post.

1) Using the program guide select or highlight the show you want to record - all episodes

(note if the show is currently playing this process does not work)

2) Press record twice - Select "Set up a series - Press OK

3) The third item down "Save until" use the arrow right to set as "I delete"

4) Select Record series with these settings - Press OK

"I delete" is supposed to be a stronger command than "until space is needed".

Let me know if this helps.

Frequent Visitor

It still doesn't explain why they disappeared when there was plenty of space left on the dvr - more than 50%.

Bronze Problem Solver

You may be interested in yesterday's post from ComcastThomas in the X1 forum -

"First I want to apologize for the issue that you were all having with the DVR deleting programs to early.  The good news is that we have found the issue and have just completed the deployment so the DVR should go back to the normal process of deleting recordings. 

The problem was we were not erasing the recordings in the Recently Deleted folder and were instead, erasing the oldest recording(s) with the setting of Save “Until Space is Needed” when the DVR needed more space for recording.  The bug also had a side impact on the Disk Full percentage we are showing on the screen.

Thanks for everyone who reported the issue and the discussion as it helped us quickly identify and fix the problem.

ComcastThomas"

Regular Visitor

I wish that you could forward this information to the Advanced Technical Support Team in India, as I am having this same problem, and NO ONE has been able to help me. 

This is my account number 0950924641510.  I'm being told that I have to wait 4 days for a technician to come to my home to replace the DVR box!  I do not understand why the box, all by itself, erases recorded shows without being programmed to do so by Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. I just lost several movies and all of the Roosevelt series that I really wanted to watch.  

Regular Visitor

I have had this ongoing issue since Sept 2014.  No one at customer service knows what to do.  Someone found a support (see above) in Aprl of 2014, but that modification has not trickled down to my account/DVR box.  SOMEONE HELP!  I'm going to rip my hair out.  I record shows and then POOF they're gone.  What good is this service if it doesn't work as promised?

jkkatz wrote:

I am having the same problem. I just lost several movies and all of the Roosevelt series that I really wanted to watch.  

Regular Visitor

This problem is not resolved.  I would like to know to whom I could speak with at Comcast to resolve this issue!

Expert

DEuser wrote:

I have had this ongoing issue since Sept 2014.  No one at customer service knows what to do.  Someone found a support (see above) in Aprl of 2014, but that modification has not trickled down to my account/DVR box.  SOMEONE HELP!  I'm going to rip my hair out.  I record shows and then POOF they're gone.  What good is this service if it doesn't work as promised?

jkkatz wrote:

many more users (customers) here than red-letter comcast ppl and lately not on sunday nights. be patient as this issue comes up a lot in last 3-4 weeks, each time resolved all the recordings 'appear' even while you are having the issue (like say, tonight). The red letter comcast ppl will need to be able to see your account so if it is on a different 'account' than your name here they will ask for a private message with the account info so they can look it up and fix it for you.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

RustyBen,

Your message "many more users (customers) here than red-letter comcast ppl and lately not on sunday nights. be patient as this issue comes up a lot in last 3-4 weeks, each time resolved all the recordings 'appear' even while you are having the issue (like say, tonight). The red letter comcast ppl will need to be able to see your account so if it is on a different 'account' than your name here they will ask for a private message with the account info so they can look it up and fix it for you." makes no sense to me.  I do not know who or what red-letter comcast ppl are.  Furthermore, this happens every week now, sometimes twice a week. 

I don't call comcast anymore as there is absolutely NO ONE who knows what they are doing!

Expert

DEuser wrote:

I don't call comcast anymore as there is absolutely NO ONE who knows what they are doing!

the 877-896-8678 do a good job though

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Your post of a solution is over a year old, and I'm now having this problem, so it doesn't appear to have been solved.  My DVR was only 54% full and several shows were mysteriously deleted.  This leaves only 5 shows on my DVR, but it's still showing 54% full. The recently deleted shows did not show any of the shows that had just "disappeared". To try to free up more space, I permanently deleted everything in the "recently deleted" folder, but it's still showing 54% full with only 5 shows saved.  So I've lost several shows that I wanted to save, I'm still showing 54% full, and a problem that was supposedly addressed a year ago is still not resolved.  Any other suggestions???

New Poster

I'm new to Comcast and this happened to me for the first time.  I was watchng a recorded show (which incidentally is not available on demand) and I got interrupted.  I turned off the TV, and when I turned it back on, it said I have never recorded anything.  Everything was all gone - no recently deleted folder or anything remains. The DVR was only 23% full - so it was definitely not a space issue.  Is there any recovery?

Expert

vb13 wrote:

I'm new to Comcast and this happened to me for the first time.  I was watchng a recorded show (which incidentally is not available on demand) and I got interrupted.  I turned off the TV, and when I turned it back on, it said I have never recorded anything.  Everything was all gone - no recently deleted folder or anything remains. The DVR was only 23% full - so it was definitely not a space issue.  Is there any recovery?

you didn't mention if you were watching the DVR connected TV or another TV connected to a satellite set top cable box. If you were watching the DVR and the recordings are gone do you have cloud DVR in your area? If so, are your copies of the recordings still in the cloud? for the DVR (if that was the one you were watching) do a power down (unplug for 30 seconds or more) restart and wait for DVR to come to a live TV channel. Then check to see if the recordings have returned. If it was the satellite box that could not see recordings, then reboot it (same unplug process) and wait for it to come completely up to a live TV channel then press the xFinity button and see if the recordings are now visible.

New Poster

All of my favourite movie recordings have disappeared from comcast even though there was sufficient space left.can i get them back ?

Expert

tessarosieblue wrote:

All of my favourite movie recordings have disappeared from comcast even though there was sufficient space left.can i get them back ?

have you checked your cloud DVR to see if the recordings are still there? 

New Poster

How do I find my cloud DVR?
Expert

Ronster345 wrote:
How do I find my cloud DVR?

using a desk/laptop and a browser go to https://tv.xfinity.com/ or using an android/apple smart device then load and run the Xfinity Stream app.

Expert
Moved: