Community Forum

Samsung Smart TV volume suddenly stopped working. Maybe firmware upgrade?

New Poster

Samsung Smart TV volume suddenly stopped working. Maybe firmware upgrade?

My volume control to my Samsung Smart TV suddenly stopped working on June 7th when TV input is connected to cable.

X1 remote still works volume on TV when input is set to regular air TV signal leading me to think it isn't the remote or Samsung TV problem.. I reprogrammed and changed batteries in remote and rebooted both tv and X1 box but still not working. After reboot, volume control will work only once then stop working again.
Could this have been a firmware upgrade problem?
Official Employee

Re: Samsung Smart TV volume suddenly stopped working. Maybe firmware upgrade?

The volume control isn't through the cable box but through the tv. Have you tried a DVD player or something else attached to the tv to see if the problem replicates itself. Have you tried to use the actual TV remote? Try attaching that box to a different TV?

New Poster

Mine is doing the same thing, worked fine for a few days and out of the blue it won’t control tv or sound bar. I have Samsun 6 series, did you find a fix?
Silver Problem Solver

Allyymayy wrote:
Mine is doing the same thing, worked fine for a few days and out of the blue it won’t control tv or sound bar. I have Samsun 6 series, did you find a fix?

Go through the re-pair procedure.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

Is the cable-box connected to "HDMI 1" on the Samsung tv hub? Go though the Samsung TV Set up (found on menus) again.

Do you have additional speakers attached? If yes, the switch to television speakers. Are they working? If yes, then switch back to other speakers. They should work if the box is turned on.

New Poster

Remove batteries from Samsung remote, hold down the power button for 40-60 seconds. Replace battery and both the Samsung and Xfinity remotes should work..