Community Forum

SLOW MOTION

New Poster

SLOW MOTION

How do i run a playback of a live TV show in slow motion?   The old system was easy, but i just chenged to X1 and cant figure it out. 

Official Employee

Re: SLOW MOTION

There isn’t a true slow motion feature

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@RWATLAS wrote:

How do i run a playback of a live TV show in slow motion?   The old system was easy, but i just chenged to X1 and cant figure it out. 

you can rewind then pause and while paused press the fast forward button one time (it is about 1/2 speed). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

When we first lost both a true slo-mo and a frame-by-frame advance a few years ago, it was widely repeated in this forum that the cause was due to a loss to TIVO (?) in a patent case.   It was stated that the patents covering these features would expire in 2017/2018.

Well, it's now six weeks till the end of 2018, so can we expect the return of these features by the end of the year?

New Poster

As of December 22, 2018, customer service says there is no slow motion feature. Unbelievable. DirecTV's had it for over 20 years. DISH has had it at least 10 years.  Blaming it on a TiVo patent dispute is pretty lame. They have really bad programmers if they can't reverse-engineer something as simple as that.  The X1 remote is so bad that I kept a basic DISH subscription open after switching to Xfinity just so I can play back sports in slow motion and have frame-by-frame advance.  I also watch all primetime shows on DISH so I can use their "Hopper" function to automatically skip all commercials.   Since I have four Xfinity services, my Xfinity TV is essentially free, and I reduced my DISH bill from almost $200 to $40.

Expert

@ACDoyle wrote:

As of December 22, 2018, customer service says there is no slow motion feature. Unbelievable. DirecTV's had it for over 20 years. DISH has had it at least 10 years.  Blaming it on a TiVo patent dispute is pretty lame. They have really bad programmers if they can't reverse-engineer something as simple as that.  The X1 remote is so bad that I kept a basic DISH subscription open after switching to Xfinity just so I can play back sports in slow motion and have frame-by-frame advance.  I also watch all primetime shows on DISH so I can use their "Hopper" function to automatically skip all commercials.   Since I have four Xfinity services, my Xfinity TV is essentially free, and I reduced my DISH bill from almost $200 to $40.

x1 equipment has a 1/2 speed slow-mo - press pause then press fast forward one time. When I want slow mo i use my phone or tablet and record off the TV screen then playback via the phone/tablet so can scrub forward/backward and zoom in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you.
New Poster

Right. There is no option. Because comcast is HORRIBLE. It is what is easy for the company. Can u imagine with all our tech comcast has made us LOSE slowmotion which has been around for 20+ years. Disgrace. Terrible company.