Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Rf remote extender

New Poster

Rf remote extender

My outdoor tv is about 50'from my cable box with hdmi over cat6 carrying signal. TV audio and video work great. Xr11, or xr15 remote are paired to cable box and control TV power volume etc. Problem is I can only pair remote tk cable box by walk g into house and closer to cable box. Once outside, the rf does not appear to reach cable box. It's not. Particle tk love cable box or TV closer, so how do I extend the rf coverage so I can get full functionality out of remote?
Official Employee

Re: Rf remote extender

You can’t extend coverage, you’d have to move the box closer, it may be just too far and have too many obstructions.
New Poster

Message to XFINITY... since more and more people are going to centralized automation systems it is time to upgrade this feature. I have the same issue, the RF signal is so weak I have to walk to the automation closet to engage the DVR functions, by then I don't have line of sight to the TV so makes this system useless. To top the problem the XFINITY APP has a limited amount of functions. I cannot access DVR functions except play the pre set up recordings... very weak setup.
Expert

@16lamancha wrote:
Message to XFINITY... since more and more people are going to centralized automation systems it is time to upgrade this feature. I have the same issue, the RF signal is so weak I have to walk to the automation closet to engage the DVR functions, by then I don't have line of sight to the TV so makes this system useless. To top the problem the XFINITY APP has a limited amount of functions. I cannot access DVR functions except play the pre set up recordings... very weak setup.

when you press channel up or down, does the remote's LED flash red or green?