Community Forum

Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

New Poster

Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

I have an X1 box. Up until recently, I was able to pause live tv without any issues.

As of this morning, I get an error that states that my box does not support this function??

I feel like I’m getting ripped off. I didn’t change any terms on my plan in the past year. My bills keep going up, and the services I pay for are being removed???
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

@JoeW12 wrote:
I have an X1 box. Up until recently, I was able to pause live tv without any issues.

As of this morning, I get an error that states that my box does not support this function??

I feel like I’m getting ripped off. I didn’t change any terms on my plan in the past year. My bills keep going up, and the services I pay for are being removed???

Using your voice remote, say "about" and tell us what the model and software version is.DVR Den.JPG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Try resetting your box, if that doesn’t work it may need to be swapped out. Ability to rewind is still there

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for PROBLEM RESOLVED

I see from the timestamps the problem popped up today. I had the same problem this morning and figured that maybe an update during the night went wrong.

Try this:

Make sure all boxes in the house are on before you start this. Press the xfinity menu button. Toggle to the Gear icon/Settings. Go to Help. Your first line will be Troubleshooting. Toggle over to System Refresh. Press OK and wait (may be up to 20 minutes). Mine was restored to normal functioning with the rewind, <<, >||, and >> working when my screen came back up.

New Poster

This worked until recently.  I have refreshed from time to time and it fixed it temporarily.  This is not acceptable for the price.  If this continues, I will get rid of cable.  I watch a handful from the ridiculous number of channels on offer,  I want a la carte service.

Regular Visitor

Resolved for me too. Failed rewind this AM. Fixed!!

New Poster

My 2nd box stopped allowing live holds and back ups. Just happened. No notice from Xfinity. I’ll be calling.
Expert

@Odie48 wrote:
My 2nd box stopped allowing live holds and back ups. Just happened. No notice from Xfinity. I’ll be calling.

they don't disable use of the memory card. just power unplug the set top box for 30 seconds and it should start working right away. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I just pulled the power overnight and it fixed it.