Community Forum

Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

New Poster

Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

I have an X1 box. Up until recently, I was able to pause live tv without any issues.

As of this morning, I get an error that states that my box does not support this function??

I feel like I’m getting ripped off. I didn’t change any terms on my plan in the past year. My bills keep going up, and the services I pay for are being removed???
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

@JoeW12 wrote:
I have an X1 box. Up until recently, I was able to pause live tv without any issues.

As of this morning, I get an error that states that my box does not support this function??

I feel like I’m getting ripped off. I didn’t change any terms on my plan in the past year. My bills keep going up, and the services I pay for are being removed???

Using your voice remote, say "about" and tell us what the model and software version is.DVR Den.JPG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for.

Try resetting your box, if that doesn’t work it may need to be swapped out. Ability to rewind is still there

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for PROBLEM RESOLVED

I see from the timestamps the problem popped up today. I had the same problem this morning and figured that maybe an update during the night went wrong.

Try this:

Make sure all boxes in the house are on before you start this. Press the xfinity menu button. Toggle to the Gear icon/Settings. Go to Help. Your first line will be Troubleshooting. Toggle over to System Refresh. Press OK and wait (may be up to 20 minutes). Mine was restored to normal functioning with the rewind, <<, >||, and >> working when my screen came back up.

New Poster

Re: Rewind Function disabled?? Not getting what I paid for PROBLEM RESOLVED

This worked until recently.  I have refreshed from time to time and it fixed it temporarily.  This is not acceptable for the price.  If this continues, I will get rid of cable.  I watch a handful from the ridiculous number of channels on offer,  I want a la carte service.