Community Forum

Restarting show fixes HD

New Poster

Restarting show fixes HD

Changing to an HD premium show (in this case STARZ - Not STARZHD) in the middle puts the show in to letter box mode and none of the aspect options resolve the image to the proper proportions.

BUT, if you use INFO and RESTART FROM BEGINNING, the image changes to the proper proportions and no aspect changes are required on the TV or CBL BOX.  What is strange, the issue started after having the box setup for about a week.  Wasn't an issue right after being installed - so what update was applied 4-6 days after being installed to cause this?

How do I change either the box or the TV to show the image properly when changing the channel without having to restart the show?

Thoughts?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Restarting show fixes HD

eknudhol wrote:

Changing to an HD premium show (in this case STARZ - Not STARZHD) in the middle puts the show in to letter box mode and none of the aspect options resolve the image to the proper proportions.

BUT, if you use INFO and RESTART FROM BEGINNING, the image changes to the proper proportions and no aspect changes are required on the TV or CBL BOX.  What is strange, the issue started after having the box setup for about a week.  Wasn't an issue right after being installed - so what update was applied 4-6 days after being installed to cause this?

How do I change either the box or the TV to show the image properly when changing the channel without having to restart the show?

Thoughts?

In the Starz channel description it should say whether it is SD or HD.  SD channels display differently.  It sounds like you might have auto-tune HD set to ON.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

RobertWy wrote:

eknudhol wrote:

Thoughts?

In the Starz channel description it should say whether it is SD or HD.  SD channels display differently.  It sounds like you might have auto-tune HD set to ON.

Thanks for your feedback, but that has no impact on this issue.  Normally newer HDTV's will sync and the show is displayed properly by stretching the full image, but the letter box issue (black space at top and bottom) is because the box and set can't sync and the image is stretched horizontally and not vertically.

Official Employee

Hello eknudhol. I can assist with the HD video issue that you are experiencing. Just so that I have a full grasp of the issue, can you give an example of a channel number you are tuned to when this occurs?