Community Forum

Restarting a movie

New Poster

Restarting a movie

If you change the channel to a movie that is already in progress, are you able to restart this movie to watch it from the beginning? I thought that this was possible but can't figure out how to do it.

Official Employee

Re: Restarting a movie

A movie/ show that has the ability to restart will have a circle w/ an arrow in the guide ( next to the title). If you see it in the guide and the channel is highlighted press info and choose Restart from the Options Menu that pops up.

If you're surfing channels and a movie/show has the ability, you'll see a notification pop up in the top right of your screen, press info and choose restart
Valued Contributor

The only ones that have the restart choice are the ones that are available on demand.

New Poster

What if the restart icon is there, but not in the info box that pops up?

Official Employee

Example?
New Poster

Tried to restart movie, The English Patient, but the restart option does not appear at very bottom of screen, after pressing info.  Just says RECORD, OTHER TIMES, MOVIE INFO. However, at the far right of the screen, where it says the channel/time info, it shows that it can be restarted (small icon right after the movie time info).  My remote does not have a button identical ro the icon (blue circle with arrow in it.). Please advise.  I tried all buttons on remote, but nothing restarts movie.

New Poster

Pressing info use to lead to a direct restart option at the bottom of the screen now you must hit the movie info tag at the bottom then press ways to watch and then select the method you would like to view it from. I do not know why they reoved the shortcut restart button right off the info button press, I think that someone completely dropped the ball on this when the update came out and they appear to have decoded to not fix it. I appreciate that they added the ability to ff or rw in a flash mode but for goodness sake put the restart back on the bottom of the info page like it was, The idea is to make things better for your customers not worse or more frustrating, unhappy people lead to loss of customers and referrals.