Community Forum

Remotes question

Frequent Visitor

Remotes question

Is there a way to use the xr11 remote with a toshiba Amazon fire tv instead of the Alexa remote that comes with the tv? I have to use the Alexa  remote to get to hdmi xfinity. I’d rather use the xfinity remote exclusively. The xfinity remote will turn on the tv, I just can’t use the buttons to access hdmi. The xfinity remote also controls the volume but the volume won’t go any higher than 10 now and used to go to 100 when only the Alexa remote was controlling volume. Now volume won’t go above 10 even with the Alexa remote. 

Im thinking about a factory reset for the volume problem but am afraid it will happen all over again when i pair the xfinity remote to the tv. 

Official Employee

Re: Remotes question

Hi @mirywi

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Are you still having issues controlling the input and audio using the XR11 remote? When attempting to change the input, are you using the button in the top left corner? 

As for the audio issues, are you using an A/V system? Can you please try the following steps and let me know if this helps? 

Remove TV and Audio Receiver Control

1. Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-6.
  3. The LED at the top of the remote will blink green twice to indicate that the remote has been reset. 

If that doesn't help, can you please use this tool to see if repairing the remote with these codes will help? https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I understand now that all i want to be able to do with the Xfinity remote is to change channel when in HDMI1 input. Can I set the remote so that is all it will do? The X11 remote will only raise the volume to #10 and the Fire tv remote goes up to #100. The Xfinity remote overpowers the fire tv remote volume control and I can’t hear the tv.
Diamond Problem Solver

Yes do a factory reset of the XR11 and only pair it to the box when you reset it

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!