Community Forum

Remote will only turn tv on or off. Red, green, blue lights are not solid.

New Poster

Remote will only turn tv on or off. Red, green, blue lights are not solid.

My remote will only turn tv on and off. The red, green & blue lights are not solid. Changed batteries. Held info & XFINITY buttons for 10 seconds.
Expert

Re: Remote will only turn tv on or off. Red, green, blue lights are not solid.

wrote:
My remote will only turn tv on and off. The red, green & blue lights are not solid. Changed batteries. Held info & XFINITY buttons for 10 seconds.

where are you seeing the red, green & blue lights? what is your remote's model number? Do you also have a receiver or sound bar for audio control?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Contributor

Could mean your remote needs new batteries.....usually when I need to change them I can only get a few buttons to work.   

Silver Problem Solver

wrote:

I paired a remote yesterday and couldn't get it to control volume.  Turns out I missed a step where I had to say the code I entered was not controlling audio.  The next step showed other 5-digit codes for the TV.  I tried each one until I found one that worked.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/programming-your-xfinity-remote

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.