Community Forum

Remote stopped working

New Poster

Remote stopped working

Installed the new box I received and it all worked fine. A few hours later it now no longer works with the cable box. It still turns my tv off and on and controls the volume and all. However the remote blinks green then red whenever I try and use any of the buttons in relation to the cable box.

Trying to reset up the remote by holding the setup button a few seconds till its green then pressing the xfinity button causes the light to flash back and forth between red and green rapidly and it's still not working.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Remote stopped working

Fracturedorb wrote:
Installed the new box I received and it all worked fine. A few hours later it now no longer works with the cable box. It still turns my tv off and on and controls the volume and all. However the remote blinks green then red whenever I try and use any of the buttons in relation to the cable box.

Trying to reset up the remote by holding the setup button a few seconds till its green then pressing the xfinity button causes the light to flash back and forth between red and green rapidly and it's still not working.

To reset ( unpair ) the remote, press setup then 9-8-7.  See this link for instructions:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Remote stopped working

Duplicate Post Removed. Your Topic with this post is still active.,