Community Forum

Remote stopped working

Highlighted
New Poster

Remote stopped working

My remote, XR11, for the infinity  thing stopped connecting with the box. It connects with the TV itself but not the cable box. Ive rebooted the box many times and have changed the remote's batteries. Is there an easy fix out there? 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Remote stopped working

Yes you need reset and "re-pair" the remote.
Expert

Re: Remote stopped working


petecricket60 wrote:

My remote, XR11, for the infinity  thing stopped connecting with the box. It connects with the TV itself but not the cable box. Ive rebooted the box many times and have changed the remote's batteries. Is there an easy fix out there? 


adding... if you have installed fresh batteries but still no control, press and hold the remote's setup button until the LED on the remote changes from red to green. then type in the numbers 987 - that will put the remote in IR (infrared - must point remote toward the set top box) mode. channel up/down and pressing the OK button or Xfinity button will then cause the remote's LED to blink 'red' instead of green. Does the remote now work to control the set top box? if so, again press the setup button as before and when the red LED changes to green touch the Xfinity button and type the 3 numbers shown on the screen. That will put the set top box into RF mode again (aim anywhere, voice remote active). working normally now?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

Thank you, just holding the setup button down for a little over 5 seconds seems to have cleared my remote and its working again.  The dog must have laid on the remote last night or something.

New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

THANK YOU!  I can't believe this worked!  I've been using the remote app on my phone for a couple of months which is subpar. Then my daughter took my phone since hers was being repaired. I tried another video on YouTube but that didn't work.  Your info did!! 


@Rustyben wrote:

petecricket60 wrote:

My remote, XR11, for the infinity  thing stopped connecting with the box. It connects with the TV itself but not the cable box. Ive rebooted the box many times and have changed the remote's batteries. Is there an easy fix out there? 


adding... if you have installed fresh batteries but still no control, press and hold the remote's setup button until the LED on the remote changes from red to green. then type in the numbers 987 - that will put the remote in IR (infrared - must point remote toward the set top box) mode. channel up/down and pressing the OK button or Xfinity button will then cause the remote's LED to blink 'red' instead of green. Does the remote now work to control the set top box? if so, again press the setup button as before and when the red LED changes to green touch the Xfinity button and type the 3 numbers shown on the screen. That will put the set top box into RF mode again (aim anywhere, voice remote active). working normally now?


 

New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

Thank you so much.  Very rarely does the first suggestion work and yours did.  

New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

This worked perfect, thanks!

New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

THANK YOU!  I was screaming louder & louder into the voice command hoping it would reengage the remote.  Thank you for keeping my sanity from trying to navigate through the clunky  and ever-maddening Comcast toll free customer service number.  #Rustybengreat!

New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

my remote stopped working. held the set button down, but did not turn green.

New Poster

Re: Remote stopped working

No one  has answered my question.

Regular Contributor

Re: Remote stopped working

Try unplugging your box for 10 seconds.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remote stopped working


@jeanniefputnam wrote:

my remote stopped working. held the set button down, but did not turn green.


Have you tried new batteries?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Remote stopped working

jeanniefputnam -- Were you able to get this fixed? I would be happy to assist you further if you need it. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!