Community Forum

Remote does double inputs

New Poster

Remote does double inputs

Hello, hope someone can help me.

Ever since we had the X1 box installed, our remote on the bedroom (2nd) set gives double inputs for each item.  For instance, point the remote to the box, press 8, it inputs (2) 8's.  This happens all the time.  So, if you are scrolling through the channel line-up, and you press the down button, it goes down (2) lines.

The only way to keep this from happening is by pointing the remote off to the side, 90 degrees from the set.

There is something that is not quite right with either the remote or the set-top box.  Please give me some input as to what direction I must take.

Thanks, S.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Remote does double inputs

As long as you are not talking about an RNG-150 Companion box, all you need to do is RF Pair the remote to the box.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/aim-anywhere-adapter

sellingson6709 wrote:

Hello, hope someone can help me.

Ever since we had the X1 box installed, our remote on the bedroom (2nd) set gives double inputs for each item.  For instance, point the remote to the box, press 8, it inputs (2) 8's.  This happens all the time.  So, if you are scrolling through the channel line-up, and you press the down button, it goes down (2) lines.

The only way to keep this from happening is by pointing the remote off to the side, 90 degrees from the set.

There is something that is not quite right with either the remote or the set-top box.  Please give me some input as to what direction I must take.

Thanks, S.

New Poster

Sorry..old post but same problrm.  I have a companion box and the double numbers issue.  I tried to pair, reset the box, reset the remote.... no luck.  Any ideas anyone?  This is annoying!!

If I partially cover the remote transmitter ir I get a single digit...LOL!  Hilarious.

Gold Problem Solver

Yes you did manage to lock on to a ridiculously old thread. Perhaps you could provide model numbers and more information. Are you using 3rd party equipment?

If you have an RNG-150 X1 box swap it for an XG2.

rgreen2002 wrote:

Sorry..old post but same problrm.  I have a companion box and the double numbers issue.  I tried to pair, reset the box, reset the remote.... no luck.  Any ideas anyone?  This is annoying!!

If I partially cover the remote transmitter ir I get a single digit...LOL!  Hilarious.

New Poster

I have a XG2v2-S box and suddenly my remote is doing double digits.   I tried to reset it and the reset fails because it enters double digits at the number enter part of the reset.  Holding it 90 degrees allows the enter button to function but I'm still getting double digits.   I'm taking the remote in and hoping it is not the box.

Expert

LouiseAH wrote:

I have a XG2v2-S box and suddenly my remote is doing double digits.   I tried to reset it and the reset fails because it enters double digits at the number enter part of the reset.  Holding it 90 degrees allows the enter button to function but I'm still getting double digits.   I'm taking the remote in and hoping it is not the box.

are you 'rf-linked'? (green LED flashes when you press for example the "2" button?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Same thing started happening to me yesterday.  I've had this box for over a year.

New Poster

This started all of a sudden with me, too. I have had the box/remote for almost a year--I did 2 things:

1) unplugged the box, then plugged it back in

2) removed the batteries from the remote, then put them back in

-I have no idea which of these did the trick, but--problem solved (for me at least)

New Poster

My remote just started doing this today as well. Had it for over a year now. Tried unplugging the box and swapping out the batteries in the remote but it's still happening. Problem persists no matter where/how I point the remote
Expert

Jmead21 wrote:
My remote just started doing this today as well. Had it for over a year now. Tried unplugging the box and swapping out the batteries in the remote but it's still happening. Problem persists no matter where/how I point the remote

are you 'rf-linked'? (green LED flashes when you press for example the "2" button?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Yes, my appears to be rf-linked based on what you said.  How can I fix this?

Expert

jpmcgraw88 wrote:

Yes, my appears to be rf-linked based on what you said.  How can I fix this?

to turn off the RF link press exit exit exit 9 8 1

you can then rf relink it later. I've never heard of an rf linked remote doing 'double presses' of a buton pressed only once. If you have more than one voice remote you could try switching them and relinking via rf.