Community Forum

Remote control won't work

Highlighted
New Poster

Remote control won't work

I have tried everything to get my remote to work!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Remote control won't work

What does it do or not do?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Did you change the batteries?

Highlighted
Contributor

Mine as well.  The on/off button works, as does the volume and the mute button.  I was working with an agent yesterday that was helpful.  She did the reset and refresh signals several times.  She was able to check the battery levels of my remote and that was fine.  I have a tech coming out in a few days.  My other TV remotes are fine.  Weird, it just stopped working on me in the middle of me watching TV the other night.

Expert

@kcalccal wrote:

Mine as well.  The on/off button works, as does the volume and the mute button.  I was working with an agent yesterday that was helpful.  She did the reset and refresh signals several times.  She was able to check the battery levels of my remote and that was fine.  I have a tech coming out in a few days.  My other TV remotes are fine.  Weird, it just stopped working on me in the middle of me watching TV the other night.

press channel up on your remote while watching the remote's LED. what flashes do you see as you press and release channel up button?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

beleive it or not i think i saw Red a couple times, and then i saw green.  I was perplexed by that

Highlighted
Expert

@kcalccal wrote:

beleive it or not i think i saw Red a couple times, and then i saw green.  I was perplexed by that

Comcast has denied an intermittent problem on first bootup of a set top box after a firmware update losing contact with RF linked remotes. It appears that the 'information' about the connected remote is not loaded on first boot after update. power down the set top box (unplug power cord) for 30 seconds and reboot and it will work again OR (if using an XR11 remote) press the setup button until LED changes color and press the Xfinity button - 3 digit code will appear on the screen to re-link the remote without a reboot.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, I'll try it after work

Highlighted
Contributor

That worked!!!  Thank you very much.  Save me waiting for a tech visit.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @kcalccal

Thanks for letting us know the steps provided by @Rustyben helped you. If you need anything in the future, please let us know. Thanks for being a valued customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.