Community Forum

Remote control problems

New Poster

Remote control problems

The remote control is not working with my Vizo TV.  I have put in new batteries and turned the box off completely for 10-15 minutes and turn it back on. Nothing. The TV is stuck on one channel and will not respond to any of the buttons that I pressed.  I did notice, that the small light strip between the "TV button" and the "All power", from green to red.  Do I need to get a new remote control?  Thank you for your help.

Expert

Re: Remote control problems

jazzsassy wrote:

The remote control is not working with my Vizo TV.  I have put in new batteries and turned the box off completely for 10-15 minutes and turn it back on. Nothing. The TV is stuck on one channel and will not respond to any of the buttons that I pressed.  I did notice, that the small light strip between the "TV button" and the "All power", from green to red.  Do I need to get a new remote control?  Thank you for your help. 

The Xfinity remote uses the LED (light emitting diode - essentially a little 'light') color to indicate if the command was communicated by IR (infrared - Red) or by wireless RF (Green). All TV channel changes, Xfinity Button presses, and any button that is for the Xfinity Set top box control will be green when RF link is turned on. All TV commands (power, volume, and limited function 'input') will be Red.

to diagnose, press the setup button on the remote (lower left corner of remote and hold until the red LED changes to green. then type in the numbers 987 (turns off set top box RF and returns function to IR. Now press channel up and observe if the channel changes. if it does, try hitting the Exit button and then press the Xfinity button. all working now? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Warning - before you turn off the set top box RF signals - I don’t know how to turn them back on! Calling Comcast they told me it was not possible to re-enable RF on my own and I had to swap out the box and remote st their office. If anyone knows how to re-enable RF signals pls let me know! I have had similar problems with the remote once before and believe merely powering off the box resolved it
Expert

ABC1235 wrote:
Warning - before you turn off the set top box RF signals - I don’t know how to turn them back on! Calling Comcast they told me it was not possible to re-enable RF on my own and I had to swap out the box and remote st their office. If anyone knows how to re-enable RF signals pls let me know! I have had similar problems with the remote once before and believe merely powering off the box resolved it

once on IR your remote can be RF linked at any time (press setup until LED changes to green, press Xfinity button and type the 3 numbers that appear on the screen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!