Community Forum

Remote code for HarmanKardon soundbar?

New Poster

Remote code for HarmanKardon soundbar?

I have a HarmanKardon soundbar (not receiver) and can't find a code that will let me operate the volume from the X1 voice remote. I have tried all the codes the setup wizard suggested for "audio receiver" as there are no options for sound bars. Anyone know how I can program the volume?  Or is there another "receiver" code that may be compatible? There are way too many possible codes for me to enter one by one. Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Remote code for HarmanKardon soundbar?

Have you tried the manual method?
Press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green, push 992, then channel up until your soundbar turns off. Hold setup to lock it in. If it still doesn’t work, you may have a piece of equipment that’s not compatible. Doesn’t seem like that many to try manually
Most likely code: 32241

Others to try: 30110, 31955, 31958, 31304, 32443, 30892, 33756, 30189, 33045, 32670, 33517

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks, but my remote is the newest kind and does not have a setup button. How do you do the manual search with the new remote?  Also, none of the codes you provided worked..

Diamond Problem Solver

On the XR15 hold the Xfinity button and mute (takes the place of setup and then 992 etc

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, just tried it and no luck, I hit the channel up button 100 times right next to the soundbar. I know it was in the learning mode as the channel was not changing. 

I guess I have the one Soundbar in the world that is incompatible with this remote..

Official Employee

Hello, JoeG934. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

Some devices just aren't compatible with our remotes. Do you happen to know what model of soundbar you have?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Stop by a Comcast service center and grab an xr11 remote. It seems to be compatible with a few more devices and a large majority of people prefer the design of the xr11.

Remotes are no charge.
Official Employee

JoeG934, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to find a work-around to control your soundbar, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!