Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Remote/TV Lag and Freezing

New Poster

Remote/TV Lag and Freezing

When watching shows live or recorded on our main TV, there is such a big lag between the remote and tv, I would consider the whole system not functional. I’m currently trying to watch a basketball game, tried to rewind it and now tv has been frozen for about 5 minutes. Just one example of many over the past week.

We just got service (tv and mobile) switched over from AT&T about a week or two ago, so needless to say, this is very frustrating.

Any ideas on what the problem with my system might be? I tried re-pairing our remote, that seemed to work for a short time, but problem started again the next day. Could just be a coincidence though, not sure if that really helped anything.
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Remote/TV Lag and Freezing

smithrj40 wrote:
When watching shows live or recorded on our main TV, there is such a big lag between the remote and tv, I would consider the whole system not functional. I’m currently trying to watch a basketball game, tried to rewind it and now tv has been frozen for about 5 minutes. Just one example of many over the past week.

We just got service (tv and mobile) switched over from AT&T about a week or two ago, so needless to say, this is very frustrating.

Any ideas on what the problem with my system might be? I tried re-pairing our remote, that seemed to work for a short time, but problem started again the next day. Could just be a coincidence though, not sure if that really helped anything.

call 800-Comcast and select cable TV, say 'agent' when offered verbal choices. after describing the problem ask the agent to run the Internal Troubleshooting Guide Einstein test. The normal 'lag' is 1/4 to 1/2 second.