Community Forum

Remote Control

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote Lag

The RNG 150 is the "dog" of the X1 boxes. Swap it for an XG2 box. The XG2 will fix your current issue plus a few more you may not be aware of yet.
Gold Problem Solver

That being said, sluggish response to the remote can mean that particular box has a poor connection to the Comcast network. But I would still swap it out for an XG2.
New Poster

Awesome, I will switch out to a different box at the comcast center and let you know.  

Thanks for the help!

Diamond Problem Solver
New Poster

Remote Control

When I try to program my voice remote, about half of the remote codes are not accepted by the remote. For example, I have an Emerson LCD TV and one of the codes is 10001. I get a red light then a green light flash after entering that code in the remote. According to the manual for the remote that means that the code was not accepted. Out of the twenty or so codes that are shown for an Emerson TV about half of them give the same result.

Why would comcast put up a bunch of codes that they know will not work with the remote?

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

This site makes it fool proof: select your remote, enter TV or audio brand and it gives you simple step by step instructions and remote codes.

http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/?CCT=53BA3D76CB1473BFF49C79FE4AA86DFF1EE2DE626F409A59DF98A4CAEE2...

Administrator
Administrator
Contributor

Re: Remote Control

Other complaints I have with this slow and basic remote control include:

- The lack of an OTR button (One Touch Record).  I should be able to push a button to immediately start recording whatever channel I am on.  Continually pressing the button should then set the recording length in 30 minute increments.

- Lack of a replay speed control (slow motion) button.

- Lack of frame advance button in slow motion.

New Poster

Re: remote won't work

THANK YOU!!!  No clue how my remote got unpaired... the kids?  the cat???  

New Poster

Can anyone use the new talk to remote? Does it costs more?

Expert

@lenbus80 wrote:

Can anyone use the new talk to remote? Does it costs more?

Anyone who has the X1 platform with DVR, XG2,Xi3 can make use of the XR11  ( RNG150 not supported).  You can pick one up for FREE at your local Service Center, and those locations can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@jg867 wrote:

THANK YOU!!!  No clue how my remote got unpaired... the kids?  the cat???  

more likely that a set top box firmware update forgot the settings for you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

This just happened to me this morning. I followed the instructions above and everything works now. Must have been a Comcast update? Nice.
New Poster

Hi
Have you been able to program the X1 it to the Elan system ?
Thanks craig
New Poster

This does not work with my 55" LG. Volume works only after pushing the tv button. A two step process. I tried two different boxes and two different XR11 remotes. Power on-off works as does channel surfing but not volume.

Gold Problem Solver

That would usually suggest you haven't found the right code yet. Have you tried the manual code search process (mentioned quite a few times in this thread)?
New Poster

I had a tech come to the house. "The XR11 will not pair to the non-voice X1 box that was given to me" is what he said. He traded it for the XR5 and everything set up just fine. The volume problem was a result of the office giving me the wrong remote and they did it twice!

Thanks for your quick reply.

New Poster

Oddly, the volume is a tv item and not the X1 box ... go figure!

Frequent Visitor

XR2 Comcast Remote

Still trying to connect my replacment remote to BOSE Lifesytle Sound System.  Old remote was connected fine.  Now I can't get the set up button to work so I can enter code.  When I get the lights to enter the code, remote goes into search mode in TV.  So I can't get to where I need to be?   Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Comcast Remote

Did you search this forum on Bose?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels,location&location=forum-boa...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

XR11 Remote battery level

I have an XR11 remote. A couple of weeks ago the remote battery level indicator in the About menu inidicated the battery was down to 30%. I changed the batteries, but the About menu still shows the battery level at 30%. How do it get it to reset to full with the new batteries?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Remote battery level

The battery level meter has proven to be highly unreliable. Comcast has never told us what it does or how it works. Please keep in mind that many people have more than one X1 remote "paired" to their X1 box. I have five remotes paired to my X1 DVR. Which remote is the meter reading???

I suggest you ignore the "battery meter"...

@immawake wrote:

I have an XR11 remote. A couple of weeks ago the remote battery level indicator in the About menu inidicated the battery was down to 30%. I changed the batteries, but the About menu still shows the battery level at 30%. How do it get it to reset to full with the new batteries?

Regular Contributor

I found rebooting the X1 (pull the power plug) works. 

Frequent Visitor

Pulling the plug and rebooting did not work. It's still showing 30% remote battery level.

Silver Problem Solver

Try some different batteries?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@immawake wrote:

Just to add to the support, Have you tried to PAIR the XR11 to the box after you replaced batteries again?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Gold Problem Solver

That would be up to Elan...

X1 boxes do use different IR codes. Your Elan system would need to be reprogrammed if you switched to X1 from legacy boxes.

@Craig717 wrote:
Hi
Have you been able to program the X1 it to the Elan system ?
Thanks craig

Frequent Visitor

@geek46 wrote:

@immawake wrote:

Just to add to the support, Have you tried to PAIR the XR11 to the box after you replaced batteries again?

The remote is already paired to the box. The remote works fine. It's just the battery level indicator in the About menu that's not refreshing.

New Poster

The problem is the Elan learner will not capture the ir codes for Comcast remote .

Did you find a way to get the codes into your system ?
Gold Problem Solver

Harmony and URC have perfectly good IR codes for X1 boxes. No learning of IR is needed. However I will say that URC remotes do struggle to learn X1 codes. I am not surprised that your Elan IR learner is struggling.

A while back a forum member analyzed X1 IR codes and he found them to be weird. They appear to be a combination of old and new thinking.

Unfortunately, in your case this falls to Elan to fix.
Admin1

immawake -- Did that battery level ever correct itself or is it still showing 30% ? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

THANK YOU !!!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

immawake -- Did that battery level ever correct itself or is it still showing 30% ? 

No. It did not resolve. The battery level indicator still shows 30%.

Silver Problem Solver

Try rebooting the box.

Expert

my X1 DVRs with the x11 remote always show low battery level. I even get on-screen warnings that the batteries need to be replaced. yet they work fine, and a fluke brand battery checker (tests under load) shows full strength on both batteries. The voltage curve on alkaline's is pretty flat until depleted then massive fall off when expended/exhausted. I just ignore the battery issue until it quits working.

Admin1

Since you've changed batteries and rebooted the box, you could try a new remote. I can send you one if you want to try that. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Since you've changed batteries and rebooted the box, you could try a new remote. I can send you one if you want to try that. 

I've rebooted the box several times in the last few weeks. Still showing 30% battery level. I'm willing to try a new remote if you think that will help. It will be interesting to see if that resolves the issue.

Admin1

You've tried everything else so might as well try this too. I've got one ordered for you. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

You've tried everything else so might as well try this too. I've got one ordered for you. 

Thank you.

Admin1

You're welcome. 

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control

I tried that, too. It didn't work for me.

New Poster

No, it doesn't. I tried a short while ago. Got nothing to work.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

I received the new XR11 remote today. After pairing it with the box, it now shows 80% battery level. Not sure why it isn't showing 100% since the batteries are new. Anyway, does that mean that there was someting wrong with the old remote?

Admin1

I think the remote was fine since the only issue you were reporting with it was showing the wrong battery level. I would say something isn't relaying battery level information correctly or isn't refreshing for new batteries. 

Contributor

Did they give you an XG2?  My RNG's were behaving badly and htey gave me Xi3. Those take tuners so my recording is limited. They told me I can't have the XG2 unless I have 5 Tv's  or more.

Silver Problem Solver

There was no restriction at my store in Houston.  Sounds like an arbitrary rule - they may not have many on hand.

New Poster

Re: Programming 30 Second Skip on XR11 Voice Remote

My brand new xr11 voice remote did not accept this trick. I fiddled with  several things and here's How to program the 30 second skip if your remote does not work.

The first thing I did was to reset the dvr/remote.

Press setup for a few seconds. enter 981first. If 981 does not work 982 may be needed depending on how new the remote is.

After doing this. it will no longer control your tv.

Now turn off the dvr.

press exit 3 times and 0030.

Turn your dvr back on. go to on demand and try out the page up button. . It should now skip 30 seconds.

Now just press and hold set up, reenter your tv code. As soon as it controls your tv again. you are all set.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Programming 30 Second Skip on XR11 Voice Remote

@Daggeroth wrote:

My brand new xr11 voice remote did not accept this trick. I fiddled with  several things and here's How to program the 30 second skip if your remote does not work.

The first thing I did was to reset the dvr/remote.

Press setup for a few seconds. enter 981first. If 981 does not work 982 may be needed depending on how new the remote is.

After doing this. it will no longer control your tv.

Now turn off the dvr.

press exit 3 times and 0030.

Turn your dvr back on. go to on demand and try out the page up button. . It should now skip 30 seconds.

Now just press and hold set up, reenter your tv code. As soon as it controls your tv again. you are all set.

Sorry but this does not make sense. When you press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 you are changing a setting within the X1 box itself. Pressing that sequence is not changing anything within the X1 remote.

I think you arrived at your solution by coincidence....

New Poster

It's the darn truth!  Remote wouldn't work; read all the issues and stuck a piece of paper under the "black box".  Works just fine???