Community Forum

Remote Control

Valued Contributor

Re: Mic button voice remote


@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.



@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.


The meter says 40% ? Every time I change the batteries, it says 80%, it never says 100? How accurate is the meter?

Expert

Re: Mic button voice remote


@RadTV wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.



@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.


The meter says 40% ? Every time I change the batteries, it says 80%, it never says 100? How accurate is the meter?


highest i've seen is 90 (alkaline) and lowest 10. I change them when the voice remote quits and still they have plenty of power for other things.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Mic button voice remote

The battery meter has never proven to be accurate.

Question for the people that want this feature to work? If you have more than one remote RF paired to the box, which remote is the battery meter actually reading?



@RadTV wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.



@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.


The meter says 40% ? Every time I change the batteries, it says 80%, it never says 100? How accurate is the meter?





Problem Solver

Re: Mic button voice remote

Knowing Comcast, it would probably be an average of all your remotes, therefore making it a totally meaningless number.

 


@RickGr4 wrote:

The battery meter has never proven to be accurate.

Question for the people that want this feature to work? If you have more than one remote RF paired to the box, which remote is the battery meter actually reading?



@RadTV wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.



@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.


The meter says 40% ? Every time I change the batteries, it says 80%, it never says 100? How accurate is the meter?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Mic button voice remote

Actually I have tested this and it appears to check the remote you are currently using. I have numerous X1 remotes laying around.

But that doesn't make it any more or less accurate.

There is a simple solution. If your X1 remote isn't working properly, put new batteries in it.




@HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Knowing Comcast, it would probably be an average of all your remotes, therefore making it a totally meaningless number.

 


@RickGr4 wrote:

The battery meter has never proven to be accurate.

Question for the people that want this feature to work? If you have more than one remote RF paired to the box, which remote is the battery meter actually reading?



@RadTV wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.



@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.


The meter says 40% ? Every time I change the batteries, it says 80%, it never says 100? How accurate is the meter?





Valued Contributor

Re: Mic button voice remote


@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

Hello everyone,

                              Yesterday, I noticed that when I press the mic button on the voice remote, I would get a clicking sound with a blinking blue light instead of the usual tone that is heard with the steady blue light after you press the button. It takes maybe 2-3 tries before I receive the necessary tone and steady blue light. Does anyone know what that means? All other buttons are functioning.


My first guess would be weak batteries, since you didn't mention them.


Hello RobertWy,

                              It appears that you're correct. For some reason? The feature requires a lot of power to function. What a shame! I love the feature. They need to adjust that so the feature works until 10% battery level is reached.

Contributor

XR11 keeps unpairing

XR11 controlling the DVR.  it works fine for a while, then the DVR suddenly stops responding.  I can tell it is some sort of RF communications problem, because when it is working a little green light on the dvr flashes on for each remote control command, but when it stops working, that little green dvr light refuses to light when i push a remote command.

 

Sometimes...if i push random buttons many times, like "exit" or "guide" or "xfinity" is starts working again.  But most times, once it stops working, is is dead.  I then have to push the setup button for 3 seconds, and then enter the 3 digit code on the screen again.  Then it works again

 

so...why the heck is it unpairing so often (maybe once a day).  It has fresh batteries.  I moved the other wireless devices (like the roku) further away, wondering if they were interferring with the zigbee rf link, but no joy.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

I just got an X1 DVR and XR11 Voice remote.

 

I use a Logitech Harmony One remote since I need to control several devices and like most people can't stand the remote clutter.

 

I've read through this thread and still have a few questions:

 

1) Does the XR11 remote use IR at all?

It seems not as I can't have my Harmony 'learn' anything from it...

 

2) I have programmed my XR11 "page up" to 30 seconds, but I need to program the Harmony to do this.

Since I can't get it to 'learn' from the XR11 is there anything else I can do?

It really stinks that they took this feature away.

 

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Remote Control


@Anon585848 wrote:

I just got an X1 DVR and XR11 Voice remote.

 

I use a Logitech Harmony One remote since I need to control several devices and like most people can't stand the remote clutter.

 

I've read through this thread and still have a few questions:

 

1) Does the XR11 remote use IR at all? Yes it does. But that is not the point.

It seems not as I can't have my Harmony 'learn' anything from it... You do not need to learn any codes from the X1 remote. The Harmony database already has codes that work perfectly with X1 boxes. When you add the X1 box to your profile use Xfinity and model XG1-A. That will automatically install the IR codes you need.

 

2) I have programmed my XR11 "page up" to 30 seconds, but I need to program the Harmony to do this. Unless Comcast has changed something very recently, the remote has nothing to do with whether or not the skip is 30 seconds or five minutes. It is a setting within the box, not the remote. All you need to do is program any button you want on the Harmony remote to be your Page up button. I use forward skip button. It works just dandy for 30 second skip..  

Since I can't get it to 'learn' from the XR11 is there anything else I can do?

It really stinks that they took this feature away. This feature has not been taken away. It works fine. Sorry but you need to do more reading. Suggestion... Google "Xfinity 30 second skip". I think you will be surprised how much current information is available on your issue. Hint: EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030
 

Thanks.


 

Expert
Moved:

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

User edited/deleted post removed from the X1 forum.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

Rusty,

The poster is trying to program a Harmony remote using IR learning from an X1 remote which is completely unnecessary. Harmony's database has good (great) codes for X1 perfectly boxes.

Sorry but I think this particular forum member needs to brush up on his/her Harmony programming skills.



@Rustyben wrote:

@rmichalik wrote:

XR11 controlling the DVR.  it works fine for a while, then the DVR suddenly stops responding.  I can tell it is some sort of RF communications problem, because when it is working a little green light on the dvr flashes on for each remote control command, but when it stops working, that little green dvr light refuses to light when i push a remote command.

 

Sometimes...if i push random buttons many times, like "exit" or "guide" or "xfinity" is starts working again.  But most times, once it stops working, is is dead.  I then have to push the setup button for 3 seconds, and then enter the 3 digit code on the screen again.  Then it works again

 

so...why the heck is it unpairing so often (maybe once a day).  It has fresh batteries.  I moved the other wireless devices (like the roku) further away, wondering if they were interferring with the zigbee rf link, but no joy.


the problems you describe might be just weak/bad batteries.







Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing


@rmichalik wrote:

XR11 controlling the DVR.  it works fine for a while, then the DVR suddenly stops responding.  I can tell it is some sort of RF communications problem, because when it is working a little green light on the dvr flashes on for each remote control command, but when it stops working, that little green dvr light refuses to light when i push a remote command.

 

Sometimes...if i push random buttons many times, like "exit" or "guide" or "xfinity" is starts working again.  But most times, once it stops working, is is dead.  I then have to push the setup button for 3 seconds, and then enter the 3 digit code on the screen again.  Then it works again

 

so...why the heck is it unpairing so often (maybe once a day).  It has fresh batteries.  I moved the other wireless devices (like the roku) further away, wondering if they were interferring with the zigbee rf link, but no joy.


You're right about it being a communication issue but it's not RF. The upstream signal level of the DVR is too high and out of spec, sitting at 55dbmv and should be under 51. Unrelated to X1, your internet modem is also even more out of spec at 57dbmv as well as out of spec on the downstream at -9dbmv. Take a look at what you have in the way of splitters, amps etc. If you get within spec you will more than likely see your remote issues disappear.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

In a nutshell what Andrew is trying to say is your X1 box is so busy fighting with corrupt signals that it can't respond to the remote properly.

Unless you are very good at troubleshooting this sort of thing, you should probably have Comcast send a tech out.


@CCAndrew wrote:

@rmichalik wrote:

XR11 controlling the DVR.  it works fine for a while, then the DVR suddenly stops responding.  I can tell it is some sort of RF communications problem, because when it is working a little green light on the dvr flashes on for each remote control command, but when it stops working, that little green dvr light refuses to light when i push a remote command.

 

Sometimes...if i push random buttons many times, like "exit" or "guide" or "xfinity" is starts working again.  But most times, once it stops working, is is dead.  I then have to push the setup button for 3 seconds, and then enter the 3 digit code on the screen again.  Then it works again

 

so...why the heck is it unpairing so often (maybe once a day).  It has fresh batteries.  I moved the other wireless devices (like the roku) further away, wondering if they were interferring with the zigbee rf link, but no joy.


You're right about it being a communication issue but it's not RF. The upstream signal level of the DVR is too high and out of spec, sitting at 55dbmv and should be under 51. Unrelated to X1, your internet modem is also even more out of spec at 57dbmv as well as out of spec on the downstream at -9dbmv. Take a look at what you have in the way of splitters, amps etc. If you get within spec you will more than likely see your remote issues disappear.


 

Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

"The upstream signal level of the DVR is too high and out of spec, sitting at 55dbmv and should be under 51. Unrelated to X1, your internet modem is also even more out of spec at 57dbmv as well as out of spec on the downstream at -9dbmv. Take a look at what you have in the way of splitters, amps etc. If you get within spec you will more than likely see your remote issues disappear."

 

not sure i understand that statement.

First What does "Upstream vs Downstream" mean?

 

2nd, it sounds like my signal to the DVR box is TOO HIGH?  like i need to add at least a 4 dB attenuation somewhere??

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

Thanks RickGr4 - I've read a lot of posts and searched a lot. I've seen the exit-exit-exit-0030 comments

(and the associated 0500) however none of those posts indicated that this was a box setting as opposed to

a remote setting.

 

I'll try programming my Harmony and see how it works.

Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

comcast andrew, or someone else. 

My UPSTREAM power was 55dbmv.

 

I just put a 6 dB 75ohm attenuator in the line leading to the DVR box.

 

Now when i test my upstream signal strength, i see it is 58 dbmv.  Should't it have gone DOWN with an attenuator added?

 

Or are you guys forgetting the "minus sign" maybe, i.e. you mean my signal was -55 dbmv (too small) and it needs to get bigger?

 

I guess what i am asking, when you say my upstream signal was 55dbmv, was that too big or too small a power level?

Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

there are no extra splitters in front of the DVR, so i will need a comcast tech to add an amplifier if you say 55dbmv is too low of a signal level.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing


@rmichalik wrote:

"The upstream signal level of the DVR is too high and out of spec, sitting at 55dbmv and should be under 51. Unrelated to X1, your internet modem is also even more out of spec at 57dbmv as well as out of spec on the downstream at -9dbmv. Take a look at what you have in the way of splitters, amps etc. If you get within spec you will more than likely see your remote issues disappear."

 

not sure i understand that statement.

First What does "Upstream vs Downstream" mean?

 

2nd, it sounds like my signal to the DVR box is TOO HIGH?  like i need to add at least a 4 dB attenuation somewhere??


The X1 boxes ( and legacy equipment) and modems have to communicate back and forth. Downstream is the signal coming to your house, upstream is what's leaving. 

 

Attenuators add to upstream levels and take away from downstream. Every time you add an attenuator and including what you have present is making it worse. In the field, they are generally used when the downstream signal is a little too high and the upstream may be a little low. And not right at the equipment but at the splitter where the outlet is located. The last thing you need is an amplifier. 

 

There's a plus/minus on downstream levels, upstream is just plus. 

 

In the following thread that you posted in, what are you referring to as a "power splitter".

 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-boxes-freezing-restarting-repeatedly-MoCA-problems-perhaps/m-p/28...


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

by "SPLITTER". i mean a cable type splitter.  Such as a BAMF   SB-2002, 5-2300MHz 2 way splitter.  There are two 2-way splitters between where the cable comes into the house, and the DVR.  Maybe i will make a drawing.

 

I am still a little unclear on your nomenclature.  You say "attenuators add to the upstream level".  So, when i added an attenuator, and the upstream power went from 55dbmv to 58dbmv...that makes sense.  So i want the upstream level to say something like "around 49 dbmv" to be happy???   I do not see how to do that UNLESS an amplifier is added?  If an attenuator makes it go the wrong way, an amplifier should make it go the right way?  YES/NO???

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing


@rmichalik wrote:

by "SPLITTER". i mean a cable type splitter.  Such as a BAMF   SB-2002, 5-2300MHz 2 way splitter.  There are two 2-way splitters between where the cable comes into the house, and the DVR.  Maybe i will make a drawing.

 

I am still a little unclear on your nomenclature.  You say "attenuators add to the upstream level".  So, when i added an attenuator, and the upstream power went from 55dbmv to 58dbmv...that makes sense.  So i want the upstream level to say something like "around 49 dbmv" to be happy???   I do not see how to do that UNLESS an amplifier is added?  If an attenuator makes it go the wrong way, an amplifier should make it go the right way?  YES/NO???


In the past when someone mentioned a power splitter they were actually talking about an amp. Have a tech out to install one of these amps and possibly remove all the splitters and possibly have each outlet home ran to the amp (depending on your house).It's really the only way you'll get in spec. Also, the tech will be able to check the levels outside, in case, they're out of spec.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
image.jpeg
Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

yeah, looks like it is tech time.  This is the wiring set up i have now:

 

Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

my wiring2.jpg
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

What you would want to do is have the amp where the second 2 way is and home run the outlets from the 3 back to the amp somehow. And remove the second moca filter, it's not necessary.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XR11 Remote needs new batteries after a month.

Why does my new Comcast tv remote need new batteries every 3 days
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Remote needs new batteries after a month.

It's defective. Comcast service centers replace remotes for free.
Contributor

Re: XR11 Remote needs new batteries after a month.

ok, thanks for the help.  tech is coming out this weekend and bringing the amp.

Contributor

ebay!

I'd love a second remote, but not keen on dropping $30 for one.

 

I noticed there are a ton of them on ebay (and other resellers) for around $8.   (e.g. here)   Has anyone in the community tried one of theses?    Do they work, or are they knockoffs that aren't worth the time?

 

Thanks

 

- J

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ebay!

I'd love a second remote, but not keen on dropping $30 for one.

I noticed there are a ton of them on ebay (and other resellers) for around $8. (e.g. here) Has anyone in the community tried one of theses? Do they work, or are they knockoffs that aren't worth the time?
________
They're free at your local service center

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Remote - Fast Forward Button Skips to the End of Recording

I think you may be on to something here.  Reboot, new remote, fresh batteries all have no effect; sometimes it will just slam to almost the end of the recording.  But in my haste to FF, I may be pressing too many times.  I will try skipping a beat between each press in the future.

Contributor

Re: ebay!


@CCAndrew wrote:

They're free at your local service center

Unfortunately, you closed the local center, and the next one is a 3 mile walk away.   A long walk there and back to get a remote.   Smiley Sad

Contributor

Re: XR11 keeps unpairing

ok, just to close out my minithread

 

Comcast tech came out.  He replaced my passive 2-way and 3-way power splitters with a comscope amplified splitter.

 

Upstream signal level, which was at 55 dbmv, then went to 52 dbmv.

 

He then went outside to the pedestal near the street, and replaced a corroded coaxial connector.  The upstream power then went to 50 dBmv.  He said 54 dbmv is just on the boarder of being acceptable.

 

Lets hope that fixes it all.

 

 

Expert
Moved:

Re: EX. Remote and IR / Harmony Remote.

Expert
Moved:

Re: EX. Remote and IR / Harmony Remote.

Post No Longer Relevant as Post you replied to was removed as being a cross-posted duplicate.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

Hi. We lost our X1 remote in the couch. It cannot be retrieved, so we got a new replacement. However, I cannot pair this new remote to control our tv. The old remote is still in the couch, able to control it. Is that causing the problem? I wouldn't think so, yet the lost one set up fine and now this one will not. Help please? 

Expert

Re: Remote Control


@ibjen1980 wrote:

Hi. We lost our X1 remote in the couch. It cannot be retrieved, so we got a new replacement. However, I cannot pair this new remote to control our tv. The old remote is still in the couch, able to control it. Is that causing the problem? I wouldn't think so, yet the lost one set up fine and now this one will not. Help please? 


While you can pair multiple remotes to boxes, if the remote is still communicating to the box this may interfere with the pairing process..... by communicating, does the lost remote have a keypad that is depressed within the couch?  Do you see communication on the box between the box & the remote?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Remote Control

FIrst:

 

It would be - er, helpful - if the link labeled Remote Control Basics actually led one to a place that addresses remote-control basics.  As it is, it goes to some bleeping sales page (whose link, Remote Control Basics, takes one to itself.) 

(Actually, the link points to a place that looks like it is/was about remote-control basics, but it's redirected.)

 

 

Second:

 

Although I don't yet understand (due to the above shoddy authoring) what Remote Control means nowadays, I suggest that the decision to name it in a way that equivocates on "remote" (as in "the remote" (hand-held controller)) was indefensible.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

Looks like I'm doubly confused:  this Remote Control thread is about the handheld remote.

 

What I'm conflating it with is stuff I read (quickly) yesterday, about ...?... controlling things from the Web (I think).

 

Maybe my complaint stands; maybe not.

 

 

New Poster

Voice Command doesnt understand

We just got the X1 voice remote yesterday and set it up.  It seems that no matter what type of command we use, the voice command function keeps saying "sorry I did not get that".  We tried saying channel numbers, show names and channel names as the set up guide suggested.

 

I repaired the remote twice but I think it doesnt understand our accents!  Is there a set up for voice like phones have so it "learns" our accents?

New Poster

Re: XI Voice piairing to Yamaha audio system

When you are going through the remote setup with the X1 voice remote and Yamaha receiver on the last step click "all set" then "did NOT work".  The next screen gives you all the codes to try.  The fifth code worked for us.  Trial by error, but codes are listed.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

I just upgraded and installed my new box and got a new voice control remote. EVERYTHING is working fine except for the fact that the remote won't turn on the TV. It can control the volume, change the channel, even turn off the TV. But once the TV is off, it won't turn back on with the remote. I tried all of the available setup codes and three of them work but have the same problem. I tried unplugging everything and starting from scratch and that didn't work either. I have a very basic set up. The old Xfinity remote can still turn on the TV and the remote that came with the TV still works. Can anyone give me some ideas?

 

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remote Control


@Alsko45 wrote:

I just upgraded and installed my new box and got a new voice control remote. EVERYTHING is working fine except for the fact that the remote won't turn on the TV. It can control the volume, change the channel, even turn off the TV. But once the TV is off, it won't turn back on with the remote. I tried all of the available setup codes and three of them work but have the same problem. I tried unplugging everything and starting from scratch and that didn't work either. I have a very basic set up. The old Xfinity remote can still turn on the TV and the remote that came with the TV still works. Can anyone give me some ideas?

 

Thanks!


What is the make and model number of your TV?  There are a few TV's that have this issue.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Voice Command doesnt understand


@blkbelt901 wrote:

We just got the X1 voice remote yesterday and set it up.  It seems that no matter what type of command we use, the voice command function keeps saying "sorry I did not get that".  We tried saying channel numbers, show names and channel names as the set up guide suggested.

 

I repaired the remote twice but I think it doesnt understand our accents!  Is there a set up for voice like phones have so it "learns" our accents?


The voice remote does not have that function.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: XR11 Voice Remote Not Controlling Volume on my LG TV


@mjshue wrote:

So, I have 2 LG tv's (different models) that I've been using the XR5 remotes to control, neither with any issue using the 10178 LG code. Either remotr would work on either tv (same code so obviously works the same on both TVs).  Yesterday, I went and picked up the new XR11 voice control remotes for all the cool new features.  I programmed the remotes with the main LG code (10178) but the XR11 remote does NOT conrol volume on one of the LG TVs but, works perfectly on the other LG. 

 

So, two XR5 remotes work perfectly on either LG tv, two XR11 remotes work perfectly on one LG tv, and neither XR11 controls volume on the other LG tv.  Thoughts?

 

FWIW, the LG tv with volume control issues is a 55LG7200.  I also tried all codes for XR5/XR11 and tried the code search (991); can't find one that works.  It's currently still set for 10178 code. 

 

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.  A solution would be awesome!  I can't think of any reason the XR11 remote would work any differently than the XR5, so that's why I'm here.

 

Thanks!


 

 

Just bumping this post from way back...just read through all the following posts/pages.  Anyone have any ideas?  I did reset the remote and reprogram with the other LG codes and did search manually.  The bottom line is that the XR11 remote will simply not control volume on this specific tv.  The XR5 remote is fine.  Either type remote controls volume just fine on my other LG tv.  Very weird.  

 

At the end of the day, I'm still using an XR5 remote with no issues but my OCD is telling me there has to be a reason!!!

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

It's an Olevia model VCF-32FDV1U
New Poster

Re: remote won't work

Reboot controls the actual TV function but won't change channels or bring up the guide, seems to happen at midnight. Idk why I can't get it to work. Only works for a short time if I unplug the box. This is my secondary x1 box
New Poster

Re: Remote Control

I purchased a harmony hub which allows me to do some basic functions to turn on all my entertainment devices from my phone or Alexa. I want to create an Activity to launch the Netflix app. But currently I have to hit the Xfinity button and then right arrow to the Apps menu.

Question: is there a way to reprogram the a,b,c,d buttons to a X1 voice remote to launch Apps directly? Or any other alternative?

Clicking on Xfinity button always selects the last option. So there is no guaranteed way to program the current way with arrows buttons.
Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Remote Control


@AlbertoS wrote:
I purchased a harmony hub which allows me to do some basic functions to turn on all my entertainment devices from my phone or Alexa. I want to create an Activity to launch the Netflix app. But currently I have to hit the Xfinity button and then right arrow to the Apps menu.

Question: is there a way to reprogram the a,b,c,d buttons to a X1 voice remote to launch Apps directly? Or any other alternative?

Clicking on Xfinity button always selects the last option. So there is no guaranteed way to program the current way with arrows buttons.

Comcast does not provide a solution to reprogram the A-B-C-D buttons within the X1 platform.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Remote Control

Question: is there a way to reprogram the a,b,c,d buttons to a X1 voice remote to launch Apps directly? Or any other alternative?
_______________

If you have the XR11 voice remote, say Netflix. It doesn't launch but it gets you there and then press OK to launch

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Thanks!! This is the best solution to program a tv. It had not worked until I tried this. 

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

I have been through all 16 identified Yamaha codes for my XR11 to permit it to operate my Yamaha HTR6130, and have found several that will enable the Volume and permit the All Power button to turn it Off ... but no code will permit All Power will not turn it On. Since my Yamaha remote has separate Standby (Off) and Power (On) buttons, I assume I'm facing a "descrete command" difficulty mentioned in other posts ... but no thread or post had a solution.

 

Is there a way to leave my present Yamaha code in place (i.e., successfully  using "All Power" to turn the TV & X1 On/Off and the Yamaha Off) and [re]code the XR11 to turn the Yamaha On with the XR11's TV Power button? That would save me having to keep the second remote handy just to turn On the Yamaha.