Community Forum

Remote Control

New Poster

XR11 Remote needs new batteries after a month.

We've had Xfinity X1 for about three months, with two boxes and two XR11 remotes. The batteries in both XR11 remotes last only about a month, so we've gone through multiple sets of batteries. This is an extraordinary drain rate, expecially for remotes that we use relatively little. Batteries in the old Xfinity remotes, and in other remotes, usually lasted more than a year. It's pretty costly and annoying to have to replace the batteries so often.

Is this just a very bad design or might our remotes be defective?

Regular Contributor

Re: XR11 Remote needs new batteries after a month.

Remotes may be defective.  They are very cheaply made, and I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast was reissuing used remotes.  My remotes are 8 months old and still on original batteries.

Gold Problem Solver

The remotes could be defective.

However remotes that have back lit buttons can deplete batteries much quicker. Also, I have found that the batteries that ship with remotes are never as good as brand new batteries.

FYI, CoreyD is correct when he says the X1 remotes are "cheap". Comcast really cut corners on them.

I suggest you replace the batteries with known new batteries and check what happens from there...

@HDTVGuy wrote:

We've had Xfinity X1 for about three months, with two boxes and two XR11 remotes. The batteries in both XR11 remotes last only about a month, so we've gone through multiple sets of batteries. This is an extraordinary drain rate, expecially for remotes that we use relatively little. Batteries in the old Xfinity remotes, and in other remotes, usually lasted more than a year. It's pretty costly and annoying to have to replace the batteries so often.

Is this just a very bad design or might our remotes be defective?

Expert

@CoreyD wrote:

Remotes may be defective.  They are very cheaply made, and I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast was reissuing used remotes.  My remotes are 8 months old and still on original batteries.

I have 3 of the x11 remotes all are uniform on battery level now. the new battery starts at 80% (once time only 90% for one pair) and decline to 10% depending on backlight/remote useage.

I typically change them at 30% in Living room and bedroom and take the batteries to finish them in a comcast remote until 10% and the RF function turns off (still able to use RF to do TV on/off and volume control.

My fluke meter shows the 30% 'reading' batteries as full 'green' under load, and the 10% ones at borderline in the green but at least near the yellow. I use them in LED flashlights until they die after that.

all new duracell expire in 2025

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

The battery meter built into the "About" page of X1 guide has never proven to be accurate or reliable.

If you have more than one X1 remote paired to the X1 box, which remote is the battery meter detecting? I have at least four remotes paired to my Arris V3 DVR and I have no idea which remote the meter is detecting.

Maybe somebody from Comcast could jump in here an tell us how the battery meter works and what we should expect from it....

At this point it appears to be a useless tool.

@Rustyben wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

I have 3 of the x11 remotes all are uniform on battery level now. the new battery starts at 80% (once time only 90% for one pair) and decline to 10% depending on backlight/remote useage.

I typically change them at 30% in Living room and bedroom and take the batteries to finish them in a comcast remote until 10% and the RF function turns off (still able to use RF to do TV on/off and volume control.

My fluke meter shows the 30% 'reading' batteries as full 'green' under load, and the 10% ones at borderline in the green but at least near the yellow. I use them in LED flashlights until they die after that.

all new duracell expire in 2025

New Poster

Just to add ... I've tried new alkaline batteries, which get depleted very quickly, according to a separate battery tester.

Official Employee

Gang,

Please message me here and I will arrange to get you all new remotes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I have had mine for maybe a month, so I haven't noticed this problem yet. If I do, however, I would be inclined to invest in rechargeable batteries, twice as many as I need for however many of these remotes I have, and just swap them out every time. Initial cost up-front, but overall savings. 

I would assume the batteries deplete faster because of the backlight? None of my previous Comcast remotes had a backlight, and those batteries lasted about 6 months. I am a heavy TV user. 

Valued Contributor

I have the remotes with the backlights, and the batteries still last about 6 months.

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

This tip worked awesome for my Samsung Sound Bar!

Now my ALL POWER button works for both my TV, cable box & Soundbar.

The volume button also just controls the soundbar and not the TV... just what I was hoping for!

Thank you!

@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I have noticed time and time again the when using the Comcast remote website https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/ the code list for the XR5 remote appears to be longer and more complete than the current code list for the XR11 voice remote. However I am 98% sure the XR11 will accept any code the XR5 will.

I think it is important that both forum veterans and new users are aware of this and look at the codes for both the XR5 and XR11 remotes when programming them to control their TV's and especially their audio products.

To any new X1 users who may read this, the X1 remotes do not respond to 20000 series codes so their support of audio products (specially soundbars and "home theater in a box" style systems) is very limited. It is very possible there may not be a code that works with many of these types of audio devices.

Also, please don't forget that even though the owners manual does not mention it, the manual code search process works for both XR5 and XR11. It is a tedious process but for some people it may be the last resort to finding a correct code:

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comcast+remote+manual+code+search&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

My Samsung Soundbar wasnt on the list, but manual search found it and worked great!

@KHuser wrote:

This site makes it fool proof: select your remote, enter TV or audio brand and it gives you simple step by step instructions and remote codes.

http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/?CCT=53BA3D76CB1473BFF49C79FE4AA86DFF1EE2DE626F409A59DF98A4CAEE2...

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

I just had the X1 platform installed. The remotes on the 3 boxes constantly ask to be paired to the box and I have repeatedly entered the numbers and gone through the process. What can I do to stop this from happening? BTW, the remote that's paired with the main/DVR box has not asked to be paired again. It's just the smaller boxes in other rooms.

Silver Problem Solver

No clue.  Try unplugging the coax and the power and plug them back in and try again.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@CulturedCaveman wrote:

I just had the X1 platform installed. The remotes on the 3 boxes constantly ask to be paired to the box and I have repeatedly entered the numbers and gone through the process. What can I do to stop this from happening? BTW, the remote that's paired with the main/DVR box has not asked to be paired again. It's just the smaller boxes in other rooms.

that is strange. could someone accidently be pressing the setup button for a few seconds then hit the xfinity button? that normally is the only way the remote would send the code to the set top box to begin the pairing process.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Visitor

Re: Remote Won't Work

My secondery TV X1 remote will only let me change the volume and turn off the TV. I have changed the batteries (three times to make sure the batteries are okay) and still nothing. I do see the green light at the top of the remote when I pushed A but it will not do anything else. I have unplugged everything on the box and outlet for a more than 10 seconds and still is not working. I do not have instructions on the back of the remote as some replys have mention. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Expert

@Cnp061507 wrote:

My secondery TV X1 remote will only let me change the volume and turn off the TV. I have changed the batteries (three times to make sure the batteries are okay) and still nothing. I do see the green light at the top of the remote when I pushed A but it will not do anything else. I have unplugged everything on the box and outlet for a more than 10 seconds and still is not working. I do not have instructions on the back of the remote as some replys have mention. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

hold down setup until red led changes to green. press 9-8-7 (3 buttons). green led should blink 3 times. press channel up (red LED should blink) select no on the screen on do you want to pair remote now. press channel up. does set top box change channel? 

if so, press setup until red led changes to green. press xfinity and press it again immediately. a code will come on the screen. type the code. you are not connected via RF to that particular DVR.

Visitor

That worked thank you so much !
New Poster

Re: remote won't work

Just received a new remote was able to use the setup instructions it now turns off and on the TV and volume up and down but will not change channels show the guide or anything else, any suggestions or steps I need to take to make it work would be greatly appreciated
Tags (1)
New Poster

remote code for XR11

anyone know the code for coby LEDTV2326 to use with new voice remote XR11

Gold Problem Solver

Re: remote code for XR11

Have you looked here: https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

@biggie692002 wrote:

anyone know the code for coby LEDTV2326 to use with new voice remote XR11

Problem Solver

Re: remote won't work

Hello Mamabear0405,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Did you try unpairing the remote as suggested in this thread by doing the following:

1. Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-7.
  3. The LED will blink green twice indicating that the remote has been unpaired.

(to re-pair the remote to the new box)

1. Press the Setup button on your remote until the LED at the top changes from red to green.
  2. Press the xfinity button on the remote. The LED will begin flashing green. (Note: When pairing an XR2 or XR5 remote to a DTA, you may need to press the xfinity button up to five times).
  3. Follow the on-screen pairing instructions to enter the three digit pairing code.
  4. Once the on-screen pairing code is correctly entered, your remote is paired with the set-top box.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I am trying to pair my XR11 Remote to a Denon ARV-3803  audio reciever. I have tried all of the codes that the XR11 gives you in the setup menu. The other main codes I found online include: 31360, 31104, 31961 (all of these do show up in the X1 setup for a Denon AR). Just wondering if their are any new codes or if there is something I am missing...like maybe I need to have the AR on a diffrent input or something? Or maybe I am just out of luck and there are no compatiable codes Smiley Sad  In this case, I would still appreciate a solid answer. Any help would be Comcastic!

Or, is there a way to search through the AR codes like you could search through TV codes using the "Setup-991-channel button up" function until you find it? That might help...but I dont know how you would know when it hit the right code for an AR...hmm?

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

Sorry but I think you might be missing something. There has been virtually no complaints in this forum about the XR11 not working with Denon. I had an older Denon and the XR11 controlled it just fine.

Have you tried all of the Denon codes provided here: https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

If that doesn't help, I would stop at a Comcast service center and grab another one. Better yet, I have always said that anyone with an AV receiver in their system should be using a 3rd party universal remote.

@Nolando8 wrote:

I am trying to pair my XR11 Remote to a Denon ARV-3803  audio reciever. I have tried all of the codes that the XR11 gives you in the setup menu. The other main codes I found online include: 31360, 31104, 31961 (all of these do show up in the X1 setup for a Denon AR). Just wondering if their are any new codes or if there is something I am missing...like maybe I need to have the AR on a diffrent input or something? Or maybe I am just out of luck and there are no compatiable codes Smiley Sad  In this case, I would still appreciate a solid answer. Any help would be Comcastic!

Or, is there a way to search through the AR codes like you could search through TV codes using the "Setup-991-channel button up" function until you find it? That might help...but I dont know how you would know when it hit the right code for an AR...hmm?

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

I usually enter my TV code first then my receiver.  It might help to have both of them off first.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

slow remote control connection

Why is there a delay between remote control entries and the TV response time.  Started just a few days ago.  New batteries do not help.

New Poster

remote batteries

How do you replace batteries on the remote

Silver Problem Solver

Re: slow remote control connection

@ChuckEverett wrote:

Why is there a delay between remote control entries and the TV response time.  Started just a few days ago.  New batteries do not help.

One posssibility is slow response from the Comcast servers.  Some commands are processed remotely.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: remote batteries

Press down on the line on the back of the remote then push.

It's hard open to the first couple times.
New Poster

Re: Remote code for Insignia

10463   worked for me and was not on the xfinity, code sheet.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remote code for Insignia

@Codeseeker wrote:

The selection screen for the codes not listed in the remote fold out, does not work.  I need the Insignia 5 digit code to make the remote work the TV.

Thanks codeseeker

I find it easy to program remotes using the Settings - Help section.

Regular Visitor

x1 remote

my x1 remote will turn the tv on and off and adjust the volume. but nothing else.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: x1 remote

@jonkarenn wrote:

my x1 remote will turn the tv on and off and adjust the volume. but nothing else.

Do you know which remote you have?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 remote

Is this something that work at one point but now doesn't work? Has it ever worked?

Anything blocking the front of the cable box?

Do you have the box and remote "RF Paired"?

Frequent Visitor

voice remote

I have main X1 dvr PAPV...

and two PR150 boxes that interface with main X1 dvr.

Can I use a voice remote for the two PR150 boxes or just the main dvr?

And if I can, how do I trade in my old remotes for new ones and also, does it cost anything?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: voice remote

The RNG 150s don't have voice command capability.

If you want voice commands swap out those for XG2/Xid boxes that do have the capability at your local service center.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

adding.. 

I have 3 STBs with voice remotes. When the batteries get down to 40% i change to fresh batteries on the other 2 STBs and use them 'up' in mine until they are too low to work. What I have found is that as the batteries decline, first the voice remote function quits (I'm waiting now for this set to fade enough to cause loss of voice). Then I can confirm that the LED does change to red and quits working then. The voice remote works regularly for a long time after the voice function quits. At 20% as shown on the about screen my battery load tester still shows in the green area but almost in the yellow. checker is a good dedicated under-load meter.

Diamond Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

I have 3 STBs with voice remotes. When the batteries get down to 40% i change to fresh batteries on the other 2 STBs and use them 'up' in mine until they are too low to work. What I have found is that as the batteries decline, first the voice remote function quits (I'm waiting now for this set to fade enough to cause loss of voice). Then I can confirm that the LED does change to red and quits working then. The voice remote works regularly for a long time after the voice function quits. At 20% as shown on the about screen my battery load tester still shows in the green area but almost in the yellow. checker is a good dedicated under-load meter.

What does that have to do with the OPs question? Please don't add unnecessary info.

Gold Problem Solver

Rusty remains the king of TMI...

@CCAndrew wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

adding.. 

What does that have to do with the OPs question? Please don't add unnecessary info.

Highlighted
New Poster

New to X1 and voice remote

Hello all,

Just upgraded yesterday.  I have some "how-to" questions on the remote/dvr...

1) How do I "frame forward" and "frame reverse"?  It will frame forward if I press FF while paused, but REW while reversed goes into fast reverse.

2) Isn't there a way I can channel up and down through just my favorites?  What's the point otherwise?

3) I saw an old article about upcoming features that would screen record while in pause mode and email the image.  This was from 2 years ago

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/td-p/2339707/page/4.  What ever happened to it?

4) Isn't there a quicker way to get to my recorded items other than going through XFinity -> Saved -> recordings?

5) How can I skip foward a few seconds?  I see a way to do it by pressing the down button and scrolling over to the right curly arrow, but is there a quicker way to do this?

Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New to X1 and voice remote

@servo75 wrote:

Hello all,

Just upgraded yesterday.  I have some "how-to" questions on the remote/dvr...

1) How do I "frame forward" and "frame reverse"?  It will frame forward if I press FF while paused, but REW while reversed goes into fast reverse.

2) Isn't there a way I can channel up and down through just my favorites?  What's the point otherwise?

3) I saw an old article about upcoming features that would screen record while in pause mode and email the image.  This was from 2 years ago

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/td-p/2339707/page/4.  What ever happened to it?

4) Isn't there a quicker way to get to my recorded items other than going through XFinity -> Saved -> recordings?

5) How can I skip foward a few seconds?  I see a way to do it by pressing the down button and scrolling over to the right curly arrow, but is there a quicker way to do this?

Thanks!

1. There isn't a way.

2. If you have favorites set up, press the guide button 2x and change your guide to show favorites temporarily, you can go into settings and set up the guide to show just favorites permanently

3. That was another users suggestion, nothing official

4. With the voice remote just say "recordings"

5.You can change the skip to 30 seconds by pressing exit, exit, exit 0030

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR11 Remote

Does your XR11 turn off the set top box or does the light stay on?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Remote

The remote does not turn the X1 box off. They are designed to remain turned on 24-7.

You can go into the device settings and dim or shut off the power light.
Expert

Re: New to X1 and voice remote

adding...

I use my cell phone now to capture and advance 'frame by frame' by recording the part I want to examine, the playing back the video file from the phone's camera. I hit pause and can use finger on iphone to move forward and back and zoom in. It is sad that the set top box can't do it yet (probably due to TiVo's owning the patent). 

New Poster

Re: Replay button

When using the Replay button at 15 seconds live or recorded media, how do you return to current viewing? I can do it by switching to another channel and back for live viewing but that doesn't seem the best answer. Thanks

Valued Contributor
Official Employee

Re: Replay button

@wphilley wrote:

When using the Replay button at 15 seconds live or recorded media, how do you return to current viewing? I can do it by switching to another channel and back for live viewing but that doesn't seem the best answer. Thanks

Press the Exit button or the FF button on the remote control.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

comcast X1 cable HD box model PX022ANC

hey 

all 

the reps are not being march help in finding out the info i need about this  model  is it new old ?

the model am getting is PX022ANC  all so it dos not look like am  getting the  XR11 remote 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: comcast X1 cable HD box model PX022ANC

It's a newer model. It should come with the XR11 remote but if it doesn't just stop in to a Comcast service center. They give remotes away for free.

@snow7551 wrote:

hey 

all 

the reps are not being march help in finding out the info i need about this  model  is it new old ?

the model am getting is PX022ANC  all so it dos not look like am  getting the  XR11 remote 

Regular Contributor

ok  am looking on my  account and it looked  too me it dos not come with the XR11  it comes with the XR2 

Gold Problem Solver

Like I said, Comcast service centers give away remotes (including the XR11) for free.

@snow7551 wrote:

ok  am looking on my  account and it looked  too me it dos not come with the XR11  it comes with the XR2