Community Forum

Remote Control

Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote Madness

If this was fixed in an update months ago, shouldn't the update have reached us by now? I've seen my box restart itself "to apply an update" quite recently. I still see the unexpected "2" and "3" responses from my remote.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remote Madness

That is sometimes an indication that there is an issue with the connectivity to the Comcast servers.  The remotes communcate with them.

 

You could check all your coax connections to be sure they are seated correctly and tightened.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Remote Madness


@jdudleyh wrote:

If this was fixed in an update months ago, shouldn't the update have reached us by now? I've seen my box restart itself "to apply an update" quite recently. I still see the unexpected "2" and "3" responses from my remote.


when you press and release the channel up button on your remote, does the LED on the remote flash green or red?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR

Hello, in my customer's home (I'm an AV integrator), I have 3 qty XI3s, 1 XG1 (DVR) and 1 XG2.  I've programmed all 5 universal remotes (same model) to send IR commands to the Xfinity boxes using the same Xfinity device - the XG1-P cable box.  This was the nearest device available in the database of the universal remote I used for this particular customer.  When I initially tested (multiple times), all 5 boxes responded as expected.  So even though I have 3 different Xfinity models on this project all 5 boxes responded with commands from the same device - the Xfinity XG1-P.

 

This was 2 weeks ago.  In the meantime, my customer has been using his original Xfinity remote, as well as my universal remote, with the XG2 cable box, as he enjoys the voice activation feature.

 

Now, 2 weeks later, the 3 qty XI3s upstairs continue to respond to the Pro Control remotes (via IR), but the XG1 and XG2 downstairs, for some reason, do not.  My customer must use the Xfinity remote only to control the XG2 box.  I'm assuming the OEM RF remote will also control the XG1 box, but this has not been tested at this time.

 

My question is - what would have caused the XG1 and XG2 to stop responding to XG1-P IR commands?

 

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Expert

Re: XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR


@RTJones wrote:

Hello, in my customer's home (I'm an AV integrator), I have 3 qty XI3s, 1 XG1 (DVR) and 1 XG2.  I've programmed all 5 universal remotes (same model) to send IR commands to the Xfinity boxes using the same Xfinity device - the XG1-P cable box.  This was the nearest device available in the database of the universal remote I used for this particular customer.  When I initially tested (multiple times), all 5 boxes responded as expected.  So even though I have 3 different Xfinity models on this project all 5 boxes responded with commands from the same device - the Xfinity XG1-P.

 

This was 2 weeks ago.  In the meantime, my customer has been using his original Xfinity remote, as well as my universal remote, with the XG2 cable box, as he enjoys the voice activation feature.

 

Now, 2 weeks later, the 3 qty XI3s upstairs continue to respond to the Pro Control remotes (via IR), but the XG1 and XG2 downstairs, for some reason, do not.  My customer must use the Xfinity remote only to control the XG2 box.  I'm assuming the OEM RF remote will also control the XG1 box, but this has not been tested at this time.

 

My question is - what would have caused the XG1 and XG2 to stop responding to XG1-P IR commands?

 

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.


another customer here.. on the last question, if you use a comcast remote that is not rf linked it should blink its LED 'red' when buttons are pressed that are to be processed by the x1 equipment (not the TV). Is the remote LED blinking red or Green for example when pressing channel up?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR

Try taking the universal remote that controls the Xi3 and try it with the XG1 and or take the XG1 remote and try it with the Xi3.  It is possible your customer messed up the universal remote.  Since the Xi3 is a slave of the XG1 they should have the same codes.

Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

I have the poorly designed voice remote.

 

The page up key is programmed to jump forward in a recorded program to skip the commercials.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem capable of actually sensing the tone that is emitted when the program restarts (like my old VCR used to do), so it often goes way past the end of the commercials. 

 

Then I have to hit the rewind key (usually X2 works best) and pay attention until it backs up to the time when the commercials ended and the program restarted.  Then I have to hit the play key fast to switch directions.

 

Is there some way to change the programming of this key?

 

And what are the A, B, C, & D keys for?

 

Is there a manual for this beast of a remote control?

Expert

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@Jojo999 wrote:

I have the poorly designed voice remote.

 

The page up key is programmed to jump forward in a recorded program to skip the commercials.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem capable of actually sensing the tone that is emitted when the program restarts (like my old VCR used to do), so it often goes way past the end of the commercials. 

 

Then I have to hit the rewind key (usually X2 works best) and pay attention until it backs up to the time when the commercials ended and the program restarted.  Then I have to hit the play key fast to switch directions.

 

Is there some way to change the programming of this key?

 

And what are the A, B, C, & D keys for?

 

Is there a manual for this beast of a remote control?


To program the page up key, press EXIT EXT EXIT and enter either 0030 or 0500  ( for 30 seconds or 5 minutes ).  These are the only options,

 

For the remainder of your questions, please see this link:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-get-to-know-the-xr2-and-xr5-remote/


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@Jojo999 wrote:

I have the poorly designed voice remote.

 

The page up key is programmed to jump forward in a recorded program to skip the commercials.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem capable of actually sensing the tone that is emitted when the program restarts (like my old VCR used to do), so it often goes way past the end of the commercials. 

 


If someone told you that the remote automatically skips commercial breaks, you were incorrectly informed.  As geek posted, the 2 skip options are 30 seconds and 5 minutes.

 

Also, the page down button skips back half of the skip forward time.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR


@pgoldberg wrote:

Try taking the universal remote that controls the Xi3 and try it with the XG1 and or take the XG1 remote and try it with the Xi3.  It is possible your customer messed up the universal remote.  Since the Xi3 is a slave of the XG1 they should have the same codes.



This is what I've been doing.  I have one programming file, and have downloaded it into 5 different universal (Pro Control) remotes, as all 5 systems have the exact same equip - Vizio TV, Xfinity cable box and Roku.  Originally the same Comcast device (remote) that I programmed into my system file successfully controlled all 5 Xfinity boxes.  Now, it only controls the 3 Xi3 boxes.

 

Heading to my client's home tomorrow for first time to see all of this firsthand.

 

Incidentally, tonight another client contacted me.  She has 4 Xfinity boxes in her home, and one of her boxes is suddenly no longer responding to the universal remote.  I had her power cycle the processor and cable boxes (separately), and a message appeared on the TV when the cable box was cycling, with a message simillar to, "Welcome to the X1 family", so I believe this one box is an X1.

 

At this point I don't believe this is a coincidence.  Could Xfinity have pushed some update/download that resulted in XG1 and XG2 boxes to respond to different IR commands?

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR


@Rustyben wrote:

@RTJones wrote:

Hello, in my customer's home (I'm an AV integrator), I have 3 qty XI3s, 1 XG1 (DVR) and 1 XG2.  I've programmed all 5 universal remotes (same model) to send IR commands to the Xfinity boxes using the same Xfinity device - the XG1-P cable box.  This was the nearest device available in the database of the universal remote I used for this particular customer.  When I initially tested (multiple times), all 5 boxes responded as expected.  So even though I have 3 different Xfinity models on this project all 5 boxes responded with commands from the same device - the Xfinity XG1-P.

 

This was 2 weeks ago.  In the meantime, my customer has been using his original Xfinity remote, as well as my universal remote, with the XG2 cable box, as he enjoys the voice activation feature.

 

Now, 2 weeks later, the 3 qty XI3s upstairs continue to respond to the Pro Control remotes (via IR), but the XG1 and XG2 downstairs, for some reason, do not.  My customer must use the Xfinity remote only to control the XG2 box.  I'm assuming the OEM RF remote will also control the XG1 box, but this has not been tested at this time.

 

My question is - what would have caused the XG1 and XG2 to stop responding to XG1-P IR commands?

 

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.


another customer here.. on the last question, if you use a comcast remote that is not rf linked it should blink its LED 'red' when buttons are pressed that are to be processed by the x1 equipment (not the TV). Is the remote LED blinking red or Green for example when pressing channel up?


I'll have to unlink the Xfinity remote tomorrow, and test this.

 

I should also be able to unlink the remote so that it sends IR commands, learn them into my programming file, and use that new "remote" to control the currently unresponsive XG1 and XG2.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR

I have four Sony universal remotes and they control one Xi3, two XG2V2,  and one XG1 without any problems, so I doubt that any IR codes were changed (at least not in my area). 

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1 and XG2 Suddenly Stopped Responding To IR

OK, problem solved.  Very simple cause and solution (isn't it almost always)?  For the system with the XG1, the IR receiver had fallen off the TV, and came to rest turned around, thus wasn't receiving commands from the remote.

 

For the system with the XG2, the emitter fell off the cable box.

 

Very simple.  Thanks to those that gave me feedback.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

With a XR2 remote, I tried pressing the setup button and entering 992, but the light blinks red first then green. Pressing the ch button then just changes the channel. I still can't get the remote to power on or off my Yamaha receiver. Any suggestions.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

See if this helps.  Be sure to program the TV first.

 

http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Hold the setup button down until the light changes colors. It is roughly three seconds. Then press 992.

FYI many forum members including myself have never found a code for Yamaha that will both turn them off and turn them on.
Frequent Visitor

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Unffortunatgely, I have tried pressing the setup button then entering 992, but after entering 992 instead of blinking green twice, it blinks red then green and using the channel up button only changes the channel.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

As Robert said, TV first (991) then audio device (992) second....

You could always stop at a Comcast location and pick up a new remote. They give them away.
Frequent Visitor

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Thanks. I'll give that a try.
New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Hi Rick in reponse to why the code list for the XR11 (Voice Remote) compaired to the XR2 and the XR5 any code for the XR5 will also work for the XR2 but not all XR5 codes will work with the XR11 (Voice Remote) the biggest code which I cannot believe does not is for a Sony Flat Panel, the code is 10001 which has been Sony's default code for more than 15 years.10001 will not work with the XR11 but will work on both the XR5 and the XR2. No working code for that series tv will work with the XR11 (Voice Remote).

 

The XR11 (Voice Remote) only accepts codes on the code base of 2009 and later any code prior to 2009 may not work properly but it may accept it. Both the XR2 the XR5 and most of the other current Comcast remotes run off the code base of 2002 they should accept any code in the list from then and they also accept the codes from the 2009 code base. There has been no new codes since 2009, so the 2009 code base is current.

 

All current Comcast remotes run off the Cisco/Pace code for the boxes which happens to be 01982. You can program the old ugly silver/gray remote to work with X1 using that code by follow the 982 code procedure which you can find on Universal Remotes Website. To get everything working you'd need to reassign some of the buttons there is a site to help with that don't remember what it was but i'm sure you can google it

 

All other remotes on Comcast silver/gray and even the smaller ones issued with the small pace box, use the code base from 2005 which was the last time the list was updated prior to 2009 most combo codes have been revised in the 2009 code base which in both the 2002 and the 2005 code base you may have had to program parts of the silver/gray remote as both vcr and tv portions most of the codes are combines in the 2009 code base and start with 12 so if you have a combo tv with a vcr/dvd your best bet to get everything working is with the 12xxx codes. Panasonic combos is one that was like this where on the remote power was set through a VCR 2xxxx code while volume was done through a TV 1xxxx code. That code is now a 12xxx code on the XR2/XR5 and is another one which does not work with the XR11 Voice Remote 12xxx codes do not work with the older remotes.

 

All Comcast/Xfinity remotes were manufactured by Universal Electronics Corporation, any of thier codes should work with the the XR2/XR5 and most of thier older remotes (with exceptions) URC's codes work with most other universal remotes as well as thier code base is the most accurate and widely used by most universal remote companies. URC's codes tend to work on just about any Universal Remote by most manufacturers, for practically any device on any service pending the remote's code base is current.

 

Any older remote that takes only a 3 or 4 digit code basically remove the first digit for 4 digit codes first 2 digits for 3 digit codes all Cable/Satellite box codes are 4 digits since 2002 simply remove the 0 for that optimums remotes still currently use 3 digit code.

 

All Cable companies now all the companies now use the same boxes and everything else simply because of DOCSIS and the ability to add cable modems between companies (provided they are a retail modem) compatiblity. This standard was set forth by Cisco and most cable operation centers have a Cisco or Cisco based Cable Modulation Termination System (CMTS).

 

Pace and Arris are the big manufactures of all X1 like systems, Other manufactuers is Samsung/Toshiba (TSSC).

 

General instruments a.k.a Motorola is now Arris and was once apart of Thomson Electronics. Scientific Atlanta is now Cisco, Pace is a subdivision of Cisco.

 

Most Universal Remotes are actually manufactured by Universal Remotes which is a division of Thomson Electronics. (RCA brand).

 

I am a former Comcast Technican for 4 years 2000-2004 and am currently employed by both Optimum (12 years since Comcast 2005)  and Verizon (11 years since Comcast 2006). I'm currently part of the corporate teams of both companies. I have will have 21 years in the communications field in total on March 9th, 2016. Was employed as a network engineer by then Bell Atlantic when I was 12 with the partnerships/mergers of Verizon I now have a total of 17 years with the company. My only lapse with Verizon or its Partners was when I was in college and a year afterwards and that was the time I was employed with Comcast.

 

 

New Poster

X1 remote control

My X1 remote won't change channels oractivate anything on the set top box.  New batteries have been put into the remote.  The remote does turn my TV & AV systems on & Off,so I know it is sending a signal.  Have also turned set-top box on & off, but still no control of the set-top box.  Any suggestions?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 remote control


Is your cable box within line of sight of the remote? Are you seeing any errors messages? Are you getting live TV picture? Has it always been this way or did something change?



@Hunter68 wrote:

My X1 remote won't change channels oractivate anything on the set top box.  New batteries have been put into the remote.  The remote does turn my TV & AV systems on & Off,so I know it is sending a signal.  Have also turned set-top box on & off, but still no control of the set-top box.  Any suggestions?









New Poster

Re: X1 remote control

Unplugging the power to the set-top box and then reconnecting the power got the remote working again.

Expert

Re: X1 remote control


@Hunter68 wrote:

My X1 remote won't change channels oractivate anything on the set top box.  New batteries have been put into the remote.  The remote does turn my TV & AV systems on & Off,so I know it is sending a signal.  Have also turned set-top box on & off, but still no control of the set-top box.  Any suggestions?


when you press channel up button what color(s) flash on the remote?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee
New Poster

Re: Programming 30 Second Skip on XR11 Voice Remote

Lessa99 - how did you program your Harmony Ultimate to do this? I got the 30 sec skip programmed on the X11 remote but I don't see a Page Up or Page Down in the list of options for the Harmony remote. I am using the Arris DVR XG1 in the Harmony Software. Pics attached showing the button options I have.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Contributor

Re: Remote Control - SLOW!

I have the voice control and it is often annoying slow.  It takes about 3 seconds for the last button to display the menu and I can't press the OK button UNTIL the menu icons have appeared on screen.

 

I guess there are some people that want to go back 3 or more programs but I would be happy with a limit of three, which should make the menu display faster.

 

With three buttons, we would not need to have to push two buttons to flip between two or three stations, which is a poor design.  Instead, you could just push one button one two or three times to circulate amonge 3 stations.

New Poster

X1 Remote Control

The X1 voice remote stopped working properly suddenly today.  All it will do is turn the tv and set top box on and off -  the tv just won't allow you to change channels.   We shut down the entire system for 1 full minute, then turned it back on and waited.  30 minutes later, still the same.  I downloaded the xfinity remote control app and installed it on my phone and that works - but I don't want to have to use my phone as a remote!  Someone was supposed to text me about 2 hours ago, and so far no one from xfinity or comcast has done this.  Help please?

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control

I'm having the same problem, remote is useless can't change channels!  X1 is not good at all and so does Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Remote Control

I have started having a similar problem today, even after restarting the box. The batteries in the remote are new...I think it's the box. Of course the Comcast site doesn't have any helpful information. It started with a long delay in responding to the remote and now it won't respond at all. I can't do anything except shop for new cable companies to replace them.

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control

What a joke Comcast is. Not worth the $$

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control

I will be returning my box and cancelling service goodbye Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Remote Control

I seemed to have resolved my issue, maybe you can try the same resolution. Initially I had restarted the box through the menu option. However, I decided to disconnect it completely from the power source & didn't connect it back to power for at least 30 seconds. So far everything is working again.

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote Control

Also having the same problem.  Why?

Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@geek46 wrote:

To program the page up key, press EXIT EXT EXIT and enter either 0030 or 0500  ( for 30 seconds or 5 minutes ).  These are the only options,

 



This sequence is missing something.  I tried pressing Exit Exit Exit but nothing happened.  There were no prompts to ID what button I wanted to program and nowhere to enter the code numbers (0030 or 0500).

Official Employee

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

After it's programmed use the pg up or down button

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
After it's programmed use the pg up or down button

HOW do I do the programming?  Please give me each key press and expected result.

Official Employee

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

You did it right, on the remote press exit 3 times and enter 0030 ( or 0500) and then use the pg up to advance or pg down to rewind the time you chose. There is no on screen confirmation

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
You did it right, on the remote press exit 3 times and enter 0030 ( or 0500) and then use the pg up to advance or pg down to rewind the time you chose. There is no on screen confirmation

There should be OSD for changing ALL remote settings.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Programming 30 Second Skip on XR11 Voice Remote

Hi Quinn2300,

  After I used the remote that came with the Xfinity XG1-P to change the DVR unit, I then just used page up and page down, assigning to the buttons.  I think maybe the difference is that I've told Harmony that I'm using an Xfinity XG1-P not Arris DVR.  It might be that is the difference that you need.  If you can make that change you might see the choices in your drop down. 

 

Hope that works.  If you need to see my screen shots let me know.

 

Lessa

Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
You did it right, on the remote press exit 3 times and enter 0030 ( or 0500) and then use the pg up to advance or pg down to rewind the time you chose. There is no on screen confirmation

Nope, I apparently did not!  If I program the forward button to 5 minutes, the lower button becomes 5 minutes also.  If I then try to program the back button to 30 seconds, the top button becomes 30 seconds!

 

It seems like there is a bug in the firmware prgramming.  Also, this process stinks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@Jojo999 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
You did it right, on the remote press exit 3 times and enter 0030 ( or 0500) and then use the pg up to advance or pg down to rewind the time you chose. There is no on screen confirmation

Nope, I apparently did not!  If I program the forward button to 5 minutes, the lower button becomes 5 minutes also.  If I then try to program the back button to 30 seconds, the top button becomes 30 seconds!

 

It seems like there is a bug in the firmware prgramming.  Also, this process stinks!


There is only one option either 30 seconds forward 30 seconds back or 5 minutes forward 5 minutes back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

Unless something has changed recently the two options are 30 seconds forward 15 seconds back or 5 minutes forward 2.5 minutes back. I've never had 30 seconds forward 30 seconds back. If your remote isn't working how it should, you can try resetting it or pick up a new one from the Comcast store.
Contributor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@CoreyD wrote:
Unless something has changed recently the two options are 30 seconds forward 15 seconds back or 5 minutes forward 2.5 minutes back. I've never had 30 seconds forward 30 seconds back. If your remote isn't working how it should, you can try resetting it or pick up a new one from the Comcast store.

I was just reporting what I experienced.  It is difficult trying to work with something that has ZERO feedback as to whether you did the correct thing or not.  Another poor Comcast design (or whomever they outsourced it to/from).

 

How do I reset the control?  Will that restore the page up/down buttons to whatever the default is?

Expert

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key


@CoreyD wrote:
Unless something has changed recently the two options are 30 seconds forward 15 seconds back or 5 minutes forward 2.5 minutes back. I've never had 30 seconds forward 30 seconds back. If your remote isn't working how it should, you can try resetting it or pick up a new one from the Comcast store.

if set to 0500 the page up down are set to 5 minutes. the quickback is 15 seonds last time i measured.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

I would hope this easy. I got the voice remote yesterday. It seems to work well, but I'm not sure its really anything than a toy I'll lose interest in.

 

My only problem is that when i get into several places, like the guide I can't figure out how to get back. If I say "open guide" the guide opens just fine. If I tell it to open anything it seems to work.

 

But I can't find a command that will take me back to the TV screen. I've tried "exit", "cancel", "return", "last","go to TV", "open TV", "you stupid #$%^@", etc.etc. nothing works. I went to the web page and found the list of things it will do but nothing about returning to your prior position. 

 

I've just been on a chat with a customer service rep just trying to get to a list of commands. There is kind of one in these web pages but no exit or return command...Of course their solution is to send a technician to the house..

 

Oh, and with the remote I received yesterday there was a card included that said "if you're having problems, just call 1-877-556-4197". If you call that number you get a message from xfinity saying that this number is not available or something to that effect...

Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

By the way, the reason I had to type "you stupid #$%^@" instead of the actual word is that it flagged it as a "bad" word and made me change it. The word spelled backwards was toidi. Now it looks like I was really trying to say something obscene...

Problem Solver

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

Just hit the "Exit" button on the remote to get back to live TV from the Guide.  It's kind of pointless to hit the microphone button than say "exit" when you can just hit the "Exit" button in the first place. Why make it more complicated?

 


@Arfman wrote:

I would hope this easy. I got the voice remote yesterday. It seems to work well, but I'm not sure its really anything than a toy I'll lose interest in.

 

My only problem is that when i get into several places, like the guide I can't figure out how to get back. If I say "open guide" the guide opens just fine. If I tell it to open anything it seems to work.

 

But I can't find a command that will take me back to the TV screen. I've tried "exit", "cancel", "return", "last","go to TV", "open TV", "you stupid #$%^@", etc.etc. nothing works. I went to the web page and found the list of things it will do but nothing about returning to your prior position. 

 

I've just been on a chat with a customer service rep just trying to get to a list of commands. There is kind of one in these web pages but no exit or return command...Of course their solution is to send a technician to the house..

 

Oh, and with the remote I received yesterday there was a card included that said "if you're having problems, just call 1-877-556-4197". If you call that number you get a message from xfinity saying that this number is not available or something to that effect...


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote Control commercial advance key

So why do they include the "guide" voice command. That would be pointless too under that logic.But they actually show you an "open guide" example. Wouldn't it be logical to anticipate they would include a way to back out of it? I mean they have both a guide button and an exit button. Why would they have a guide voice command and not an exit voice command? And I'm supposed to anticipate that they would have one without the other? Do they have a function where i can turn on my set with the remote but have to get up and turn it off at the set? Why should I expect a turn off function?

 

And then absolutley no resource avaible to get a comprensive list of commands. They have some examples posted in various place, but not a comprehensive list. And when you call they want to send out a technician. For what? To show me how to use the exit button?

 

I've been a subscriber for as long as they've been in my neighborhood where I have lived for 26 years. I stuck with them through their technology struggles where were many. I was the first one on the block to have cable internet. I didn't even think about switching to uverse, google, etc.etc. as those options became available.

 

I want my exit command.

New Poster

X1 Remote Lag

Hello,

 

I am having terrible lag between when i press my remote and the time it takes for the guide to load or for the on demand screen to pop-up.  I am also having a lag between when i press the pause or play on my tv and when the tv actually responds.

 

When i press the remote, I immediately see the green light on the cable box pop-up but there is a 5-7 second delay until the tv responds.

 

I have the RNG 150N cable box and the XR5 v4-U remote.  

 

This is not an issue on my DVR box in another room.  

 

Any help would be much appreciated