Community Forum

Remote Control

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

The manual code search procedure worked for me on Sony KDL-46XBR9.

Thank you!

New Poster

Has anyone found a code that will work with a yamaha rx-v675 (REMOTE ID2). I can get REMOTE ID1 to work correctly, but I have two yahmaha recievers in close proximity, so I had to change the recievers remote ID and the yamaha remote id also to match.see link below. I have ran through the 992 method, without success. Does anyone know how many codes there actually are? AKA how many times do I need to press CH+ to cycle through all possible remote codes?

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v371_black__u/5792/6992/

Gold Problem Solver

You are gonna need to tell us because you are the first person I am aware of to attempt this. However I HIGHLY doubt the X1 remotes are smart enough to know Yamaha's ID2 commands.

Suggest you look into 3rd party universal remotes. A Harmony 650 (usually available for less than $70) could be programmed to run both of your systems...

@23radfors wrote:

Has anyone found a code that will work with a yamaha rx-v675 (REMOTE ID2). I can get REMOTE ID1 to work correctly, but I have two yahmaha recievers in close proximity, so I had to change the recievers remote ID and the yamaha remote id also to match.see link below. I have ran through the 992 method, without success. Does anyone know how many codes there actually are? AKA how many times do I need to press CH+ to cycle through all possible remote codes?

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v371_black__u/5792/6992/

Contributor

X1 very limited with Yamaha. i have been able to use volume and power off only. Harmony 650 works swimmingly

Gold Problem Solver

I have another little update for this thread. In one of my systems I had been using a Harman Kardon AVR-635 (2006 model) and I never found an X1 remote code that would turn it off with any X1 remote. I had some spare time today so I decided to see if my new XR11 V3 remotes were any different. I used both the known codes and the manual code search process. Using the manual code search process, I found a code that would turn it on. I found another code that would turn it off. But I did not find a code that would do both.

I also have a Yamaha RX-V863 (2008 model) that I had been keeping as a spare receiver. Knowing that many people have had problems with Yamaha receivers and X1 remotes, I decided to hook up the Yamaha and run the same test. I got the same result. I found one code that would turn it on and another code that would turn it off but not one code that would do both.

The big part of the problem here is Comcast doesn't seem to always understand the difference between discreet and toggle IR commands.

We have been told the XR11 is upgradeable over the RF connection to the X1 box. Maybe this situation would be a good opportunity to test it.

The reason I am posting this is simple. I have a feeling that some HK and Yamaha receiver owners are out of luck.

HOWEVER, I cannot stress enough how important 3rd party universal remotes are. I rarely use the Comcast remotes. When I do it is usually for testing purposes or I am in the mood to try voice commands. All four of my systems that have X1 boxes are controlled by Harmony 900 remotes.

Here is just a short list of what my Harmony 900s can do that the Comcast remotes cannot do:

1. One touch favorite channels with on screen colored icons.
2. Sleep timer that will turn off the entire system, not just the TV.
3. One touch turns the entire system on.
4. One touch turns the entire system off.
5. TV input changing and audio input changing is automatic and I never need to think about it.
6. You can control any source you have connected from one remote. My main system has an X1 box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, CD player and a Roku box along with a TV connected to an antenna along with Smart apps.

All of this is controlled by one remote and in many cases it is one touch operation.

Many forum members are aware just how powerful a good universal remote really is. I can only hope more people open up their minds to the idea.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

I had my account accidently changed from PREMIUM to STARTER due to a RENTAL basic charge.  That has been resolved, BUT

since then my VOICE recognition does not go to what I ask.  IF, for instance, I say "HBO" and it responds with "HBO" it makes no attempts at changing the channel or such.  

it even says "will only find what your OPTIONS allow".  Yet, my options have not changed and are all on YES.

COMCAST rep say pull plug, let sit for couple min, re-plug and should be good to go:  NOT.

still same problem

I LOVED the voice feature.  Could say about anything and I even programmed all my wanted series with this but it's not working.

Official Employee

@sonomarik wrote:

I had my account accidently changed from PREMIUM to STARTER due to a RENTAL basic charge.  That has been resolved, BUT

since then my VOICE recognition does not go to what I ask.  IF, for instance, I say "HBO" and it responds with "HBO" it makes no attempts at changing the channel or such.  

it even says "will only find what your OPTIONS allow".  Yet, my options have not changed and are all on YES.

COMCAST rep say pull plug, let sit for couple min, re-plug and should be good to go:  NOT.

still same problem

I LOVED the voice feature.  Could say about anything and I even programmed all my wanted series with this but it's not working.

It's a known issue

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-voice-remote-channel-name-problem/td-p/2655596

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: remote won't work

It worked in a heartbeat!  Thank you so much.

Regular Visitor

Re: XI Voice piairing to Yamaha audio system

I had this exact problem; volume worked but power did not. I had to go through the listed codes until I hit one that turned the receiver on and off. (Some would turn it off but not on.) Not an easy solution, but trial and error may get you to where you want to be.

TomC

New Poster

I accidentally bumped my remote control, and now the screen is blank and nothing works. I've tried every button on the remote, and nothing. Help!

Silver Problem Solver

Try taking the batteries out and put them back in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

The remote lights up. It will even turn the TV off. But none of the other buttons works.

Official Employee

@barbiesa wrote:

The remote lights up. It will even turn the TV off. But none of the other buttons works.

Do you have lights on, on your cable box? Did you check if you're on the proper TV input? In case you pressed either the input button or the power button.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Go to your nearest Comcast store and ask for another remote.  They are free.

Which remote do you have?

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

(You have to scroll down for the remotes)

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Yamaha ATS-1050 remote code for XR11 remote

I have a Yamaha ATS-1050 Soundbar and an XR11 remote.  None of the suggested codes work.  Does anyone have a solution?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Yamaha ATS-1050 remote code for XR11 remote

@SylvanGreen wrote:

I have a Yamaha ATS-1050 Soundbar and an XR11 remote.  None of the suggested codes work.  Does anyone have a solution?

Did you try this?

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes

Do the TV first.

New Poster

Re: XI Voice piairing to Yamaha audio system

+1 TomC,

Performing the 9-9-2 procedure with the receiver off to start I was able to properly program the remote in <2 minutes.

Thanks all

New Poster

These instructions paired my Sony HT-CT80 sound bar with my XR11 remote. I use the "All Power" button now to power both. Thanks and nice work.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Yamaha ATS-1050 remote code for XR11 remote

I have an XR11 voice remote. I have successfully programmed it to control my Toshiba TV (power/input button) and Vizio sound bar AVR (power/volume/mute). I have one minor issue. The ALL POWER button only controls power on/off to the Vizio audio sound bar. I must use the TV power button to power on/off the TV. The ALL POWER will work initially to the TV before adding/programming the Vizio audio. I've tried reprogramming the remote with different codes for both the TV and audio and manual search 991/992 method, no change. I tried replacing the remote with another XR11 but it does the same thing. I think this is a bug with the remote. Anyone else seen this issue?

New Poster

I had used the manual code finding process with my old comcast remote and it worked with my Olevia 532-b12. I just moved to X1 with the XR11 remote and tried the process outlined here to try to connect with this same TV. After following the instructions here and pressing CH ^ for some time, I get to a place where the channel actually changes each time I press CH^. My TV doesn't shut off. There isn't any feedback that I can detect on either the screen or the remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Expert

@koche005 wrote:

I had used the manual code finding process with my old comcast remote and it worked with my Olevia 532-b12. I just moved to X1 with the XR11 remote and tried the process outlined here to try to connect with this same TV. After following the instructions here and pressing CH ^ for some time, I get to a place where the channel actually changes each time I press CH^. My TV doesn't shut off. There isn't any feedback that I can detect on either the screen or the remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You can RF pair your remote to the DVR and once that is done, you can then continue within that menu to find the code for your TV.  Just follow the prompts.  To RF pair, press and hold Setup until the LED turns green, then press the Xfinity button.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Geek46,

Thanks, but as noted by others in this and other forums, the stated codes given for Olevia sets do not work with all Olevia models. I only tried the manual code finding process after exhausting all code options I could find. Naturally, this was only done after pairing the remote.

Regular Visitor

Thank you so very muck. Worked after only a few tries.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Programming 30 Second Skip on XR11 Voice Remote

Thanks RickGr4 for your instructions.  I followed this:

Point the Comcast remote at the X1 box. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030.

Then I took my Harmony Ultimate and programed the fast forward (long) and rewind (long) to page + and page -. 

I now have the 30 sec forward and 15 sec reverse that should have been there in the first place. 

Thanks again!

Lessa

Gold Problem Solver

Happy to help...Smiley Wink

@Lessa99 wrote:

Thanks RickGr4 for your instructions.  I followed this:

Point the Comcast remote at the X1 box. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030.

Then I took my Harmony Ultimate and programed the fast forward (long) and rewind (long) to page + and page -. 

I now have the 30 sec forward and 15 sec reverse that should have been there in the first place. 

Thanks again!

Lessa

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm trying to pair my remote to the cable box in my bedroom but it keeps trying to pair with the other cable box in my daughters room. Any advice?

Official Employee

@Mario13 wrote:

I'm trying to pair my remote to the cable box in my bedroom but it keeps trying to pair with the other cable box in my daughters room. Any advice?

Unplug your daughter's box until you pair yours and then plug it back in

Frequent Visitor

@Mario13 wrote:

Why not unplug your daughters box until you get yours paired.

New Poster

Tried that and now the remote wants to pair with living room. Also tried unplugging living room but that freezes the boxes ii the bedrooms.

Regular Contributor

What type of X1 box (model number) are you trying to pair?  Some of the older X1 models are not capable of being paired. Perhaps that is why you are not seeing a pairing prompt on your X1 box.  

Official Employee

@Mario13 wrote:

Tried that and now the remote wants to pair with living room. Also tried unplugging living room but that freezes the boxes ii the bedrooms.

You may have to be right up to the box and pair it. Those remotes have really good range.

Contributor

only thing I have found about this remote that bugs me.....

its the same size front and back, and I always seem to grab the opposite side of what i need....lol

Regular Visitor

Anyone have a solution for sticky remote control keys?

Silver Problem Solver

Explain what you mean by "sticky".

If the keys truly stick, then you may have a defective remote.  The nearest Comcast store will give you a free remote without an exchange.

Regular Visitor

Thanks!  

The 'down arrow key' often doesn't work, e.g., guide, and when it does, it seems "slow" in coming back up to the "normal rest" position.

Silver Problem Solver

Some of the remote commands are actually sent and received back from Comcast servers.

A balky remote can indicate an issue with communication with the servers, which MIGHT mean your wiring (either in your house or in the wiring from your house to the Comcast headend) needs attention; loose connections, use of splitters, wall plates, etc.

New Poster

I just got my x1 boxes for my family. I was wondering if there is a site for a complete list of voice commands I can use on my x1.  I have the xr11 voice remotes.

Official Employee

There is no complete list because it can be anything...it can/will search for guide information, On Demand ( thousands of choices), cast and crew info just to name a few.

New Poster

XR11 Voice Remote Not Controlling Volume on my LG TV

So, I have 2 LG tv's (different models) that I've been using the XR5 remotes to control, neither with any issue using the 10178 LG code. Either remotr would work on either tv (same code so obviously works the same on both TVs).  Yesterday, I went and picked up the new XR11 voice control remotes for all the cool new features.  I programmed the remotes with the main LG code (10178) but the XR11 remote does NOT conrol volume on one of the LG TVs but, works perfectly on the other LG. 

So, two XR5 remotes work perfectly on either LG tv, two XR11 remotes work perfectly on one LG tv, and neither XR11 controls volume on the other LG tv.  Thoughts?

FWIW, the LG tv with volume control issues is a 55LG7200.  I also tried all codes for XR5/XR11 and tried the code search (991); can't find one that works.  It's currently still set for 10178 code. 

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.  A solution would be awesome!  I can't think of any reason the XR11 remote would work any differently than the XR5, so that's why I'm here.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: XR11 Voice Remote Not Controlling Volume on my LG TV

Contributor

yea it can literally be just about anything, record (what ever the show you want)  or channels, IE HBO, TNT USA..etc...

I havent even got into the complex things, because for the most part i dont need to.. but it is for sure a test it out thing

New Poster

After this alteration, will the "pg" buttons still work when navigating through the "guide" pages?

Thanks

Jim

Expert

@lmcan1 wrote:

After this alteration, will the "pg" buttons still work when navigating through the "guide" pages?

Thanks

Jim

Yes....setting this will not change the pg up or pg down functions while in the guide.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

thanks, you're too kind

New Poster

Had no luck finding a code for the Yamaha id2. I do have a harmony 700 and it works great with Yamaha but don't love it for the Comcast X1 STB. I prefer the Comcast remote since it if RF nativity and has the voice control.

I'll leftover know if I find a code that works for Yamaha ID2.
Gold Problem Solver

Harmony offers a couple of different RF capable remotes...

@23radfors wrote:
Had no luck finding a code for the Yamaha id2. I do have a harmony 700 and it works great with Yamaha but don't love it for the Comcast X1 STB. I prefer the Comcast remote since it if RF nativity and has the voice control.

I'll leftover know if I find a code that works for Yamaha ID2.

New Poster

Understood. My Main goal is to get Comcast X1 remote working with Yamaha remote ID2. I am using a harmony 700 and a IR to RF transmitter right now but not my favorite setup.
New Poster

Agree completely with RickGr4 that a Universal Remote Control is way to go - in my experience Comcast remotes are buggy and Comcast seems in no hurry to fix them - "this is a known issue" they always say. I now have an XR11 (V.2) and it is useless, have no use for voice control. I have been using Philips Pronto touch screen remotes (long since discontinued) for many years and thoroughly like them, now have a slightly used TSU 7500 - however Pronto remotes  can only "learn" IR button codes from a remote and the X1 remotes seem to be RF only - may have to purchase a Harmony Elite to get back to one remote, or get a an older box that has an IR emitting remote (Motorola RNG200N ?)

On a side note - is there a list of the codes (not device codes) in the Setup mode - I have 990/992, 986, 987.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

There's a few things I don't like about Comcast, but the new Voice Remote is not among them.  I LOVE IT!  Best thing Comcast has done in the many years I've subscribed.

2 thumbs up!