Community Forum

Remote Control

Frequent Visitor

Re: xr5 insignia code does not exist

Thanks for the tip, but it did not work. 

Pressed setup till green, 990

green x2

in a second, red,green then nothing

Expert

@awhit3135 wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but it did not work. 

Pressed setup till green, 990

green x2

in a second, red,green then nothing

searching for a remote code for a TV begins with holding setup until LED on remote changes to green, then pressing 9 9 1 - at that point, point remote toward tv and slowly (about a second apart) press and release the channel UP button. each press tries a different code. When TV swiches off press setup again. test by again pressing power to be sure that code works.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion, but if you read earlier in the thread, I'd done this code search you mentioned TWICE on TWO different XR5 remotes. I pressed channel up well over 200 times each round. 

Either the code has been removed from the library, or there is some deep down hidden secret Comcast is holding close to the chest. 

Perhaps I had an inexperienced tech on the phone. He didn't know about 990 to retrieve the code (but then that didn't work). Maybe I'll try again and get a different tech. 

Expert

@awhit3135 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but if you read earlier in the thread, I'd done this code search you mentioned TWICE on TWO different XR5 remotes. I pressed channel up well over 200 times each round. 

Either the code has been removed from the library, or there is some deep down hidden secret Comcast is holding close to the chest. 

Perhaps I had an inexperienced tech on the phone. He didn't know about 990 to retrieve the code (but then that didn't work). Maybe I'll try again and get a different tech. 

is the insignia an HD or SD only tv? has integrated dvr or anything?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Soundbar HW-J550 - How to program with Voice Remote

I have a Samsung TV and Comcast Xfinity Voice remote. I recently bought the Samsung Sound bar  HW-J550 – Here is how I got the Volume on the Xfinity Voice remote to control the Sound on the Sound bar.

Using an HDMI cable – Connect one end to the TV “HDMI IN”  port and the other end to the Sound Bar “HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port

Using Optical Cable – Connect one end to the “Digital Optical Out (optical)”  and the other end on the Sound Bar “Optical In” port

I have a Samsung Smart TV – on the Samsung TV remote, click on Tools, and select the System settings (look under the gear icon), scroll all the way to the bottom you will see Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC set  make sure that is set to ON.

New Poster

This 9-9-1 technique worked like a charm with my Haier TV. 

Thank you!

New Poster

The last button on my XR11 doesn't work

All of a sudden the last button stopped working on my XR11 remote.  So now you can't just hit the last button to return to the previous channel you were watching. Is it just a bad remote or some way to activate it. 

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@awhit3135 wrote:

is the insignia an HD or SD only tv? has integrated dvr or anything?

No this is a smart hd tv only, nothing integrated.

New Poster

x1 remote i have to keep tapping vol. to work

i have to keep tapping  the vol. to get louder  to work 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: x1 remote i have to keep tapping vol. to work

Try ALL codes for your TV, some may work better than others.

Contributor

Re: x1 remote i have to keep tapping vol. to work

As John said, you need to try another code. It's very common to find one that works, but it isn't the right one. As you try them press and hold the volume to see if it goes up automatically. If it does, then try power. If they both work, that is the correct code. This is a very common issue for a couple major brand TVs that use similar codes.
New Poster

Voice remote LAST button

The LAST button is not working after rebooting

Expert

Re: The last button on my XR11 doesn't work

@runner897 wrote:

All of a sudden the last button stopped working on my XR11 remote.  So now you can't just hit the last button to return to the previous channel you were watching. Is it just a bad remote or some way to activate it. 

You can try to reprogram the remote but if that fails to return your last button function, you should get the remote replaced.

Customer Service Locations can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Expert

Re: Voice remote LAST button

@dlselvey wrote:

The LAST button is not working after rebooting

See Message #398 above.

Ray

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

Have you tried following the on-screen instructions for programmig your remotes?

Hold the "Setup" button until the LED changes from red to green. Once it is green, press the "Xfinity" button to initiate the on screen insturctions.

Please let us know if this solves your issues.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast Gwen,

The video is helpful but often over looked. That being said, some customers have found the video confusing.

However, I think the biggest problem with customers programming remotes is the Comcast remote website is both out of date and incomplete. The web site lacks correct codes for some popular models of TVs (especially SONY).

Comcast could do themselves a big favor if they would simply update the remote website... I wonder how many service calls, phone calls and how many repetitive posts in this forum would have been eliminated if Comcast would update the remote website with ALL correct SONY TV codes...

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi all,

Have you tried following the on-screen instructions for programmig your remotes?

Hold the "Setup" button until the LED changes from red to green. Once it is green, press the "Xfinity" button to initiate the on screen insturctions.

Please let us know if this solves your issues.

Valued Contributor

Hi Rick,

I'm not referring to a video. If you follow my instructions, on screen instructions for pairing your remote and controlling your TV will be displayed.

Also, for Insignia, please try these codes: 12049, 12264, 11641, 11564, 11326, 11785, 12002, 11204, 11892, 11517, 10171, 10463, 12258, 12282, 11385, 11660, 11963, 12417, 12751, 12263, 10842, 11780

The website issue is known and this is being worked on.

Thank you!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

My comments apply to the on-screen instuctions as well. Some people seem confused by them...

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Rick,

I'm not referring to a video. If you follow my instructions, on screen instructions for pairing your remote and controlling your TV will be displayed.

Also, for Insignia, please try these codes: 12049, 12264, 11641, 11564, 11326, 11785, 12002, 11204, 11892, 11517, 10171, 10463, 12258, 12282, 11385, 11660, 11963, 12417, 12751, 12263, 10842, 11780

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR5 Remote Programing (X1 system)

I talked to a Comcast tech on the phone about not being able to solve the problem of the XR5 remote not working for my new Toshiba TV. The tech said that "the XR5 remotes will not work with all TV yets and they are hoping for updates soon. Sorry, out of luck for now and don't know when updates will be available."

Expert

Re: XR5 Remote Programing (X1 system)

@RAINMAN5573 wrote:

I talked to a Comcast tech on the phone about not being able to solve the problem of the XR5 remote not working for my new Toshiba TV. The tech said that "the XR5 remotes will not work with all TV yets and they are hoping for updates soon. Sorry, out of luck for now and don't know when updates will be available."

Updates to remote codes only happen if your remote is RF linked to the set top box. (pressing info will light a green LED on the remote if RF linked).

Frequent Visitor

@RickGr4 wrote:

My comments apply to the on-screen instuctions as well. Some people seem confused by them...

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Rick,

Thank you!

Dear ComcastGwen,

I tried all those codes too... they seem strangly familiar... probaby the SAME CODES I'VE BEEN TRYING for what seems like ages. 

I think thing would go a long way if Comcast would just admit the remote just is not ready for primetime. Comcast must think the consumers have many hours to spend on what should be a very simple thing.  I, for one, would appreciate an admission of 'we screwed up, but we're working on a solution', or something along those lines. I'm feeling rather jerked around and I'm sure others feel the same way. 

I don't know where one comes up with remote codes, How they are created, documented, reproduced etc, but this seems to be a realm where Comcast DOES NOT excel.

Now on a completely unrelated issue.. Comcast has not completely screwed up my home phone lines.... AGAIN. I'll have to abandon this topic (which is apparently a waste of my time) to attach the phone problem. 

Good luck to all who continue to persue.

Gold Problem Solver

Insignia products used to be primarily built by LG (you need to try all LG codes) but now they are made by the lowest bidder. There is no way to know who makes Insignia now. That suggests if the 991 manual search process doesn't work the X1 remotes to not have a working code for your TV.

@awhit3135 wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Rick,

Thank you!

Dear ComcastGwen,

I tried all those codes too... they seem strangly familiar... probaby the SAME CODES I'VE BEEN TRYING for what seems like ages. 

I think thing would go a long way if Comcast would just admit the remote just is not ready for primetime. Comcast must think the consumers have many hours to spend on what should be a very simple thing.  I, for one, would appreciate an admission of 'we screwed up, but we're working on a solution', or something along those lines. I'm feeling rather jerked around and I'm sure others feel the same way. 

I don't know where one comes up with remote codes, How they are created, documented, reproduced etc, but this seems to be a realm where Comcast DOES NOT excel.

Now on a completely unrelated issue.. Comcast has not completely screwed up my home phone lines.... AGAIN. I'll have to abandon this topic (which is apparently a waste of my time) to attach the phone problem. 

Good luck to all who continue to persue.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

Having same problem today now I'm stuck on BBC America and I my remote just doesn't work at all and every time I call customer service it sends me to a Spanish speaking menu. And I was trying to get this figured out for 4 hrs on the phone
Silver Problem Solver

@JEBUSMCKRACKIN wrote:
Having same problem today now I'm stuck on BBC America and I my remote just doesn't work at all and every time I call customer service it sends me to a Spanish speaking menu. And I was trying to get this figured out for 4 hrs on the phone

Try calling 1-800-xfinity again.  Your account seems to be messed up.  Have them schedule a tech visit.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: switching between devices with remote

To stormtrooper 40:

Don't know if you're still having problems with this, but I know on my TV when I hit input it brings up the input menu, and then hitting input again advances it to the next input.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Thank you! Found this page and finally got my remote working with my zvox
New Poster

My daughter had my remote the other day was playing with the voice recognition. Since then the backlit keys don't come on when I grab the remote. This is a problem because I can't see anything until I press a button. Most of my tv time is in the dark because I have insomnia. Can this be fixed?
Expert

@Mzgreen wrote:
My daughter had my remote the other day was playing with the voice recognition. Since then the backlit keys don't come on when I grab the remote. This is a problem because I can't see anything until I press a button. Most of my tv time is in the dark because I have insomnia. Can this be fixed?

You can get the remote replaced at any Comcast Service center ( replacement is free ).  Service Center Locations can be found here:http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

Re: X1 Remote and IR / Harmony Remote.

Thx guys... I read your posts and was able to setup my Harmony 1100 to work with X1. Nice!

Regular Visitor

Re: XR11 Remote

THANKS!!! Starting my Yamaha receiver in OFF and doing the 992 and CH^ thing until it turned ON was the magic that was needed.

Thanks again!

Gold Problem Solver

Happy to help...Smiley Wink

Contributor

Guessing I miss d this. What's the trick to peer up Yamaha?

Gold Problem Solver

Manual code search process??? It is mentioned quite a few times in this thread...

@billyc904 wrote:

Contributor

Tried same procedure. Went to 100 before gave up. What model Yamaha? Thanks bc

Gold Problem Solver

Why fight with it? Spend a few $$$ on a 3rd party universal remote and call it a day.

A properly programmed universal remote is a VASTLY better solution than the Comcast remotes.

@billyc904 wrote:

Tried same procedure. Went to 100 before gave up. What model Yamaha? Thanks bc

Contributor

Yea, already bought the harmony 650. Not as easy as X11 remote for wife

Gold Problem Solver

Not to disagree with you but my GF likes our Harmony 900s light years better than the Comcast remotes...

@billyc904 wrote:

Yea, already bought the harmony 650. Not as easy as X11 remote for wife

Contributor

No worries, you're probably younger. Small lettering on harmony. Have a nice day 

Gold Problem Solver

Na I am 55 and my GF is 57. But the printing on the buttons of the 900 are bigger and bolder than the 650.

I see your point.

@billyc904 wrote:

No worries, you're probably younger. Small lettering on harmony. Have a nice day 

Regular Visitor

@billyc904 wrote:

I have a Yamaha RX-V475 receiver. I tried code 32467, and that worked like a charm. I got that code from a post somewhere up the line in this discussion. A big thanks to whoever that was!!

Contributor

Does it turn it on? Can do evrything but that. bc

Regular Visitor

@billyc904 wrote:

Does it turn it on? Can do evrything but that. bc

Yes, my Yamaha receiver turns on and off properly, with code 32467.

Regular Visitor

Now that I got my Yamaha receiver paired up nicely, I wanted to see if I can control on/off and volume of a Samsung soundbar (model HW-E450). So far so good; I was able to get it paired using the 992 and CH^ sequence (at about the 72nd try of CH^). Now I would like to find out what the actual code is. Which leads me to my question:

How do I read out the second code in the remote?? I have successfully used the 990 code to get the first code out of my new XR11; it correctly reports 11758 for my Vizio TV. But it looks like the 990 sequence is only good for the TV code. How do I get the AVR code?

Silver Problem Solver

The X1 remote can only control the volume of one device - either the TV or the soundbar.

I have my TV's sound turned down to zero and I use my a/v receiver as my sound source.  The remote controls its volume.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Congrats. Still won't do mine. Good luck with the rest. bc

mine is a 375

Contributor

RX V 375

Regular Visitor

Has anyone used a Harmony model 659? Did it work???

Expert

@DickMotz wrote:

Has anyone used a Harmony model 659? Did it work???

I have the 650 and it works great!  Very easy to program and controls all of my equipment.

Gold Problem Solver

659 works fine with X1 boxes.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Hey Everyone,

I am glad this thread appears to have helped quite a few people. That is why I started it in the first place. But some of the infomation is now slightly dated and I wanted to add a couple of updates:

1. Comcast has updated the remote programming website and they added many more codes: https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

2. There is more than one version of the XR11 "voice" remote. The version 2 and version 3 of the XR11 use different programming codes. Just because a code worked with the version 2 does not mean the same codes will work with the version 3.