Community Forum

Remote Control

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to program input button on voice remote ?

Have you tried all Emerson codes for both XR5 and XR11???

If you have then there may be no solution. Comcast appears to have really cut corners on the X1 remotes.

@Tecal136 wrote:
How do I program the input button on the new X1 remote. My Emerson tv worked fine. But input doesn't.

Contributor

x1 Remote Controller

I have a remote control model # XR11 (the X1 voice controller).  One of the features i like about it is that it lights up when you move it or touch it. But tonight, it lit up...and it won't UN light. Or whatver the term is. The lighting on the remote won't go off.

It wouldn't bother me except i'm afraid it might prematurely run the batteries down. Any ideas what happened?

And yes, i took the batteries out to 'power it down' and reinstalled them. Still lit full time.  

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 Remote Controller

Go to a Comcast location. They will replace it for free.

@tdbnbr wrote:

I have a remote control model # XR11 (the X1 voice controller).  One of the features i like about it is that it lights up when you move it or touch it. But tonight, it lit up...and it won't UN light. Or whatver the term is. The lighting on the remote won't go off.

It wouldn't bother me except i'm afraid it might prematurely run the batteries down. Any ideas what happened?

And yes, i took the batteries out to 'power it down' and reinstalled them. Still lit full time.  

New Poster

remote

I am having trouble with one of my remotes...well maybe not remote because both my remotes work on my main cable box, but neither will control my bedroom cable box. It will control my TV, but not cable box, I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem. Is there something I need to reprogram? Help please! My 8 year old daughters TV is stuck on a channelshe should not be watching, so she is without television in her room.
Expert

Re: remote

@hill9613 wrote:
I am having trouble with one of my remotes...well maybe not remote because both my remotes work on my main cable box, but neither will control my bedroom cable box. It will control my TV, but not cable box, I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem. Is there something I need to reprogram? Help please! My 8 year old daughters TV is stuck on a channelshe should not be watching, so she is without television in her room.

with so little information not sure best 'help'. Reset remote to factory settings by holding setup until red LED on remote changes to green, the hit buttons 9 8 7. try remote (be sure the set top box can see the remote if hidden from view.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Programing remote

I have a Haier 40E3500 TV. I entered all suggested codes and none of them work. Any suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Programing remote

Did you know there is a manual code search?

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
    2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
    3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
    4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
    5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Programing remote

No, I did not know about manual code search.  Followed your instructions and successfully programmed my remote.  Thank you very much for your help.

New Poster

Re: Voice Remote not accepting some TV codes

got it!  Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Voice Remote not accepting some TV codes

ALL IS GOOD NOW. THANKS

New Poster

I have this weird Amazon brand TV, oCosmo. It uses Sony codes for remote control programming. Except it doesn't work with the voice remote. I tried an XR5 (I think?) and it worked just fine, but the voice remote that came with the X1 will not work with the same code. Could it be the remote that's the problem? I was able to pair the voice remote to my Vizio TV.

Silver Problem Solver

Did you know there is a manual code search?

1.Turn on your TV and AVR.

1. 2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
    3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
    4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
    5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

my xfinity 11remote turns the tv on but not the box

my xfinity remote will turn th tv on but not the box

Frequent Visitor

voice remote xr11

This remote has been working fine but, suddenly, the volume control and power buttons are not responding.

Tried resetting with proper codes...no help! All other functions work fine except for what I stated above.

Any help?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: my xfinity 11remote turns the tv on but not the box

That is normal. X1 boxes are designed to remain on.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-remote-all-power-button-does-not-turn-set-t...

@shaleest wrote:

Expert

Re: my xfinity 11remote turns the tv on but not the box

@shaleest wrote:

if your set top box is in power save mode, you must hit the power button that looks like a circle with a line in the upper part of circle (upper right button on remote). That will take the set top box out of power save and allow you to watch your entertainment programming. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: voice remote xr11

If the X1 box is a DVR, try pairing the remote to the DVR.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere/

Frequent Visitor

XR5 Remote Programing (X1 system)

I can not get any of the programing codes to work with my Toshiba HD TV. I am not new to programing remotes and have successfully programed all of my other remotes to work. In fact the code that works for my TV on all other remotes will not work with this new XR5 remote (X1 system). I have tried all codes given online and in the operator manual many, many times. Are there any other codes or solution to my problem?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR5 Remote Programing (X1 system)

Have you been here: https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Have you read this: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

Or possibly this?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfRiJNxqgc

I just searched the forum and I did not find any real evidence there was a problem with X1 remotes and Toshiba TV sets. Are you sure you are doing the programming steps properly? Have you REALLY looked for more codes????

@RAINMAN5573 wrote:

I can not get any of the programing codes to work with my Toshiba HD TV. I am not new to programing remotes and have successfully programed all of my other remotes to work. In fact the code that works for my TV on all other remotes will not work with this new XR5 remote (X1 system). I have tried all codes given online and in the operator manual many, many times. Are there any other codes or solution to my problem?

@RAINMAN5573 wrote:

New Poster

X1 Remotes

When using the 991 search method to program the X5 remote, after I click "channel up" about 300 times, the remote simply begins to change the channel.  Does that mean I have exhausted all of the possible codes in the list?  I would assume there are more than 300 codes.

Frequent Visitor

Rick, thank you for your reply. Yes, I have been through the lengthy list several times. The remote code that works with my older Xfinity remote is the most common listed XR5 code for a Toshiba TV. After entering this code (and several others) the remote LED flashes green twice to confirm correct. There are some codes that no matter how many times I try them there is a red LED flash. I too had hoped that I was not entering the correct code or not using the correct programing procedure (and still do). 

Gold Problem Solver

The fact that the remote flashed twice means you enter a functional code. It DOES NOT mean you entered the CORRECT code for your TV.

@RAINMAN5573 wrote:

Rick, thank you for your reply. Yes, I have been through the lengthy list several times. The remote code that works with my older Xfinity remote is the most common listed XR5 code for a Toshiba TV. After entering this code (and several others) the remote LED flashes green twice to confirm correct. There are some codes that no matter how many times I try them there is a red LED flash. I too had hoped that I was not entering the correct code or not using the correct programing procedure (and still do). 

New Poster

XR11 & soundbar

Just got my XR11 remote and programmed it to my Panasonic tv without issue. However I can not get it to work my LG soundbar. Can anyone help? Worked fine with my XR2.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Do you think the same code that worked with the Xfinity remote would be the same code that should work with the XR5 remote? I did try the the 991 method to search for a code until it gave out and it started changing channels instead of searching.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remotes

It might help if you told us what brand and model of TV you are talking about.

Have you read this: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

Have you watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfRiJNxqgc

@FlaqX wrote:

When using the 991 search method to program the X5 remote, after I click "channel up" about 300 times, the remote simply begins to change the channel.  Does that mean I have exhausted all of the possible codes in the list?  I would assume there are more than 300 codes.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR11 & soundbar

@meat95 wrote:

Just got my XR11 remote and programmed it to my Panasonic tv without issue. However I can not get it to work my LG soundbar. Can anyone help? Worked fine with my XR2.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Remotes

Bryan in "Live Chat" just told me that 

• Bryan
  • 1:08AM
I see! If there no codes that is working we will just have to wait for the updates
  • Bryan
  • 1:09AM
Since our remote does not yet control all the TVs
New Poster

That worked.

Another question about the XR11 - Is there any guide to remapping the ABCD buttons? I've found instructions to program the pg up and pg down buttons to be 30 second skip/15 second back, but I'd prefer to set one of the ABCD buttons as 30 second skip.

Expert

@julesh wrote:

That worked.

Another question about the XR11 - Is there any guide to remapping the ABCD buttons? I've found instructions to program the pg up and pg down buttons to be 30 second skip/15 second back, but I'd prefer to set one of the ABCD buttons as 30 second skip.

There is no customization of the A-B-C-D buttons at this time...  Highly doubt if that will ever be an option for users.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists - SONY HD TVs

The manual setup method is very useful.  I struggled to get the X1 remote to pair with a Sony HD TV; I tried all the Sony codes multiple times and talked with Comcast tech support without any success.  The manual setup method (which I confirmed used to be in the instructions for the old remote but is not included in the instructions for the X1 remote) worked with just two clicks of the Channel+ button.  A rep at my local Comcast store told me that he'd heard that this problem is common with Sony HD TVs.  Thanks for posting the step by step manual method.

New Poster

Re: Remote Control

Just upgraded to x1 at the comcast store today, they said this box can rewind live tv...no luck, and the mic does not work as well...I see many complaints on this topic, but none of the solutions provided seem to work.  Help

Expert

@Aceman07 wrote:

Just upgraded to x1 at the comcast store today, they said this box can rewind live tv...no luck, and the mic does not work as well...I see many complaints on this topic, but none of the solutions provided seem to work.  Help

did you get a DVR? have a DVR? what is the model number of the set top box? If it is an X1 DVR you will need to pair the remote to the set top box to use voice (press setup on remote until LED turns green, press xFinity button two times and enter numbers that appear on screen)

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

Code 32467 on my Comxast X1 remote turns my Yamaha RX-V373 on and off!!!! I searched three years for this code. It will probably work on the older Comcast Remotes also.

Expert
Moved:

Re: XR11 & soundbar

New Poster

Finally!  This worked for my Sony Bravia when all else failed.

@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I have noticed time and time again the when using the Comcast remote website https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/ the code list for the XR5 remote appears to be longer and more complete than the current code list for the XR11 voice remote. However I am 98% sure the XR11 will accept any code the XR5 will.

I think it is important that both forum veterans and new users are aware of this and look at the codes for both the XR5 and XR11 remotes when programming them to control their TV's and especially their audio products.

To any new X1 users who may read this, the X1 remotes do not respond to 20000 series codes so their support of audio products (specially soundbars and "home theater in a box" style systems) is very limited. It is very possible there may not be a code that works with many of these types of audio devices.

Also, please don't forget that even though the owners manual does not mention it, the manual code search process works for both XR5 and XR11. It is a tedious process but for some people it may be the last resort to finding a correct code:

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.

https://www.google.com/search?q=comcast+remote+manual+code+search&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Frequent Visitor

xr5 insignia code does not exist

Received 3 new XR5 remotes today. All setup went well, except for my Insigna TV. I tried every printed code...TWICE. Called Tech support who offered a few other codes and taught me how to code search. No resolution. Funny thing... the old XR2 worked just fine. Tech says the codes are the same for Insignia between the two. Something doesn't add up. 

However, Customer service has greatly improved from a group of appathetic folks who could care less if you lived or died to a very nice smiling attentive crew at the store and a very nice tech on the phone, even though he could not resolve me issues. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: xr5 insignia code does not exist

Do you know the code that you used on the XR2, and have you tried that code on the XR5?

Have you tried the search method?

New Poster

Just got my X1 boxes  Everything works except remote will not operate my Sony TVs.  I tried all the codes both new and old but nothing links.  TVs are less than 2 years old.  Old remotes worked fine.

Any suggestions?

Expert

@snottygirl wrote:

Just got my X1 boxes  Everything works except remote will not operate my Sony TVs.  I tried all the codes both new and old but nothing links.  TVs are less than 2 years old.  Old remotes worked fine.

Any suggestions?

See this LInk and try to manually program the TV's using it:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Frequent Visitor

I do not know the code used as it was setup by the installer and no record of it was left with us. 

According to tech support, there is no way to retrieve the current code from the XR2.

Code search YEEEEEEESSSSs meaning I clicked well over 200 times twice with no success.

We received several remotes, I tried another one and laborously tried every code in the table...twice and even tried some the tech had...still no success.

New Poster

Remote control code for haier tv X1-DVR

Hi. Just switched t.o the X1 DVR but there seems to be no code that works for my Haier TV. Any suggestions??? Thanks

New Poster

need code for Onkyo receiver for X1 remote

can not shut off or on with X1 comcast remote on my Onkyo receiver

New Poster

I just upgraded and to X1 and I'm having the same problem.  I went through all the codes three times and can't get my insignia tv to sync.  It really sucks becasue its the tv in my bedroom so now I have to use two remotes at night.  The tv is only 2 years old.  What's the point of upgrading the comcast equipment remote if its not going to work like the old one.  Frustrated

Silver Problem Solver

@awhit3135 wrote:

According to tech support, there is no way to retrieve the current code from the XR2.

Hold setup until green

1, count the blinks

2, count the blinks

3, count the blinks

4, count the blinks

5, count the blinks

There's your code.

Expert

Re: Remote control code for haier tv X1-DVR

@abdussamee wrote:

Hi. Just switched t.o the X1 DVR but there seems to be no code that works for my Haier TV. Any suggestions??? Thanks

Take a look at the top of this thread and follow the instructions for the XR5 & Xr11 remote code entry.

Expert

Re: need code for Onkyo receiver for X1 remote

@llynch735 wrote:

Take a look at the top of this thread for instructions on how to program the remote for an AV system.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: need code for Onkyo receiver for X1 remote

@llynch735 wrote:

This code works with my TX-NR626:

1. Most likely code
    Others to try
    30135, 31320, 32989, 32806, 32730, 32993, 33860, D0101, 34041, 32503, 32807, 31531, 32875, 30842, 34023, 32998, 32505, 32506, 31298, 30144, 30380, 30838, 32451, 34014, 30137, 31575, 32225, 32999, 32731, 32732, 30119, 33984, 33219, 33682, 31993, D0102, D1327, 33050, 33212, 31904, 33992, 34302, 31789, 33312, 33322, 32259, 30819, 32990, 32994, 32995, 33326, D1116, 32878, 32504, 33248, 33259, 31931, 32159, 31521, 30103, 32351, 32352, 32353, D1322, D1323, D0138, D0381, D0868, D1808, D1817, D1818, D1819, D1820, D1821, D1824, D1825, V0222
  2. 4If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will blink green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then green the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
  3. 5Use the remote to operate your Audio/Other (use Power, VOL, etc.)
  4. 6If these steps don’t work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.

http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes

Expert

@lmarieclem wrote:

I just upgraded and to X1 and I'm having the same problem.  I went through all the codes three times and can't get my insignia tv to sync.  It really sucks becasue its the tv in my bedroom so now I have to use two remotes at night.  The tv is only 2 years old.  What's the point of upgrading the comcast equipment remote if its not going to work like the old one.  Frustrated

Take a look at the Remote Programming instructions at the top of this Thread to see if that can program the remote for your Insignia TV.

New Poster

Thank you! That worked perfectly

New Poster

Thanks but after pressing the channel up button 300 times it didn't work