Community Forum

Remote Control

Valued Contributor

Re: Remote control

Needs new batteries?

Expert

@Digby wrote:

My XR5 remote control only works when pointed directly at the tv. When I initially received this remote control it would work without having to point it directly in front of the tv. What is the fix?

If you have the X1 Platform, you can RF pair (Aim-Anywhere) that remote to a DVR or an Xi3 box.

RF pairing instructions are below:

1.  Press the setup button down until the LED turns Green.
2.  Press the Xfinity Button.

3.  Follow the on-screen instructions.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote Control

I would like to request the favorite channel surf button be added to the X1 remote control.  

I fully understand how to add favorite channels and work the favorite channel guide.  

I am looking for the single button push to surf through my favorite channels.

Thank You.

New Poster

Re: XR5 and XR11 "Voice Remote" Code Lists

You do not happen to know which make and model at Best Buy do you?

Expert

@alvanb wrote:

You do not happen to know which make and model at Best Buy do you?

If you are referring to the Logitech Harmony 650 remote, here is a link to that model at Best Buy:  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=logitech+harmony+650+remote+control&_dyncharset=UTF-8&...

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Just 650. Works fine

New Poster

Thanks, none of the codes worked for turning my yahmaha reciever on and off. Everything else worked.I tried the process of auto finding a code process 3 times and the 3 code it found finally worked. Thanks for the instructions.

Do you know if there is a way to find out what code it is currently using?

-pat
Contributor

You got it to turn off, and on? Could never get it. Volume and power off. That's why I bought the harmony. bc

New Poster

I've had the X1 system for about 6 weeks now, and I have to say I'm fairly impressed with it.  And any questions or issues I've come across, I have found answers in these message boards that have resolved them.  So thank you all!

But now I'm stumped.  I have two XR11 remotes paired with my DVR box, but each required a different code for my Samsung TV.  And one will power off my Yamaha receiver, while the other will only adjust the volume with no power on/off capability.  I replaced the XR11 that did not perform the power function with a new one from my local Xfinity store, but it acts just like the one it replaced; no power on/off.  So I was wondering if there are different (new...?) versions of the XR11?  All the ones I've looked have the same code inside the batter cover, XR11 v2-UTU, so I can't quickly tell if they are different.  But they definitely program differently.  And if there are different versions, how do I get the same ones?

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

No clue how you can get them to match up.  Both of mine are V2-U.

I have read here that the remotes can be updated by the X1 DVR.

One of mine would turn off my a/v receiver but wouldn't turn it on.

After some time, I went into the online setup and it no longer had the issue.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index/

Help provides you the following options in addition to how-to tutorials to make the most of your X1 experience.

• Restart: Restarts the device to fix common issues.
  • Remote Setup: Take customers through remote radio frequency (RF) pairing flows and infrared (IR) programming for TV and audio devices. This flow is the same as pressing Setup on the remote control.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

switching between devices with remote

After pairing TV and audio devices to the remote, how do you switch back and forth between devices to control individually?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: switching between devices with remote

If you have an XR5 or XR11, you can only control the TV input.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-get-to-know-the-xr2-and-xr5-remote/

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Thanks Robert.......unfortunately, not the answer i was hoping for.......

Silver Problem Solver

@EWF2 wrote:

Thanks Robert.......unfortunately, not the answer i was hoping for.......

If you don't have too many devices, a Harmony 650 will switch them for you.  I have one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=harmony+650&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&s...

Regular Visitor

Right, but why have input if you can't switch between sources? Makes no sense just like not being able to FF/RW, pause wthout a dvr box on the second unit.

Silver Problem Solver

It switches TV sources.  It's a pretty dumb remote.  Regardless of the voice control.

New Poster

Programing remote X1

I have a Sony television and have tried to program the X1 remote with every code provided, none of them work. The remote will not control the on/off or volume. I even had the remote replaced still no luck. Does anyone have the answer?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Programing remote X1

What kind of remote do you have?

http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Silver Problem Solver

@trinket2 wrote:

I have a Sony television and have tried to program the X1 remote with every code provided, none of them work. The remote will not control the on/off or volume. I even had the remote replaced still no luck. Does anyone have the answer?

A lot of people have had issues with Sony TV's:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-b...

Gold Problem Solver

You will find your answer in this thread:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/m-p/2550616#M73148

Wondering if anyone reads in this forum before they post highly repetitive threads...........

@trinket2 wrote:

New Poster

Just set up my new X1 system and my Sony RM-VL600 universal remote will not "learn" the new X1remote functions (XR-11). I didn't look for codes, just tried transferring the buttons individually.

Was quite annoyed since I was not about to go backward to using two remotes, but then realized the remote from the old cable box works on the new box, and that one does "teach" the Sony remote and has every function of the XR-11 except the sports scores on the c button (which I would like) and the voice command (which I couldn't care less about, seems like a gimmick).

Any idea why the old Comcast remote (grey with red OK button) can teach the Sony remote but the new one (XR-11) can't? Something to do with the voice functionality (which I turned off)? Would the Sony remote mimic the XR-11 with a code? Not a huge deal but it would be nice to have that sports scores feature, and am also just curious.

BTW it is not an issue of not clearing the Sony remote or any other error. I did that, and was able to re-teach the Sony from the old Comcast remote button by button. When I tried with the XR-11 it would take longer for the Sony to blink, and then would act like I never tried to teach it.
Silver Problem Solver

If you aren't interested in voice, I recommend you purchase a Harmony 650 that can control X1 and other gear.  BestBuy has them for about $66.

Gold Problem Solver

The Sony universal remotes have issues with X1 codes. There are older threads running in this forum on this issue. X1 remotes use a weird IR code language. Some remotes can't learn it. I doubt you are going to make it work.

Suggest you consider buying a Harmony 650. They have no issues with X1 IR codes, they have a vastly larger code library, they are much better at switching between multiple components and they have a much better button layout and design than your Sony remote does.

@tman202 wrote:
Just set up my new X1 system and my Sony RM-VL600 universal remote will not "learn" the new X1remote functions (XR-11). I didn't look for codes, just tried transferring the buttons individually.

Was quite annoyed since I was not about to go backward to using two remotes, but then realized the remote from the old cable box works on the new box, and that one does "teach" the Sony remote and has every function of the XR-11 except the sports scores on the c button (which I would like) and the voice command (which I couldn't care less about, seems like a gimmick).

Any idea why the old Comcast remote (grey with red OK button) can teach the Sony remote but the new one (XR-11) can't? Something to do with the voice functionality (which I turned off)? Would the Sony remote mimic the XR-11 with a code? Not a huge deal but it would be nice to have that sports scores feature, and am also just curious.

BTW it is not an issue of not clearing the Sony remote or any other error. I did that, and was able to re-teach the Sony from the old Comcast remote button by button. When I tried with the XR-11 it would take longer for the Sony to blink, and then would act like I never tried to teach it.

Regular Visitor

But how does it switch sources. I press input and selections come up, but I can't find any way to "scroll" to, for example tv, or video1. I see them I just cant pick one.

Gold Problem Solver

TVs have different methods to change inputs. The X1 remotes may not compatible with how your TV changes inputs. Especially if your TV is a few years old.

That being said, have you tried ALL of the possible remote codes for your TV? Or did you just stop at the first code that appeared to work? You need to try all possible codes.

If you still need help, I suggest you post the full model number of your TV...

@stormtrooper40 wrote:

But how does it switch sources. I press input and selections come up, but I can't find any way to "scroll" to, for example tv, or video1. I see them I just cant pick one.

Regular Visitor

The Xfinity remote does function for sound, on and off, and mute for my TV,so the codes are right. Input is the only thing that doesn't work. I still get the TV remote to bring up input. I hit input and it ocmes up, but there's no way to select which input you want. I tried pg up, pg dwn, and the main buttons in the center. It's something I can live with, so it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to use. Thanks for your replys. Just for more info, one of my TV's is a 3 year old RCA and one is a Vizio that manufactured this year and it doesn't work with that one either.

G.Pavia

G.Pavia

Expert

@stormtrooper40 wrote:

The Xfinity remote does function for sound, on and off, and mute for my TV,so the codes are right. Input is the only thing that doesn't work. I still get the TV remote to bring up input. I hit input and it ocmes up, but there's no way to select which input you want. I tried pg up, pg dwn, and the main buttons in the center. It's something I can live with, so it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to use. Thanks for your replys. Just for more info, one of my TV's is a 3 year old RCA and one is a Vizio that manufactured this year and it doesn't work with that one either.

FWIW, my Panasonic works with bringing up the menu and changing inputs, but my newer Sylvania doesn't even bring up the menu.  It is definitely TV related.

Expert

@stormtrooper40 wrote:

XXXXXXXX

Stormtrooper40,

You need to go back and edit your original post above and remove your personal information from these very public forums....

-=Ray=-

Contributor

My Panasonic also allows switching between inputs with the voice remote. Is very handy when wanting to go to the video games

New Poster

XR11 Remote

I have tried time and time again the manual 9-9-1. JVC tv turns off, but will not turn back on useing the TV button on the remote. Any ideas/help would be great! Already called tech support. They say, " Must be a bad remote."

New Poster

I do have the X1 platform.  The remote control still does not work (No Aim Anywhere) unless pointed directly at the TV and Comcast control box. I followed instructions to RF pair the remote to the TV. TV power / volume control is not the issue. When new system was first set up the technician programed the remote so that it did not have to be pointed directly at the units in order to power on/off, control volume, etc.. How can I reprogram the remote control for Aim Anywhere function?

Valued Contributor

@Digby wrote:

The remote control still does not work unless pointed directly at the TV and Comcast control box. When first set up the technician programed the remote so that it did not have to be pointed directly at the units in order to power on/off, control volume, etc.. How can I reprogram the remote control?

The remote still has to be pointed at the TV to operate the power and volume.  The pairing only allows the Set Top Box to be controlled without the need to point it at the box.  The remote may need to be paired with the box again.  See http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere/

New Poster

Batteries were good but I replaced them anyway......same issue, No Aim Anywhere function.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Remote

I'm guessing the JVC is about 10 years old?

I guess these didn't work?

JVC 30074, 30331

Highlighted
New Poster

The 5 digit codes do not work. The 9-9-1 will turn the TV off, but not back on. Yes, the JVC is around that age. It worked fine with the older comcast remote.

Silver Problem Solver

Did you use this web site to look?

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Most likely code
11253, 10053
Others to try
10731, 10650, 10683, 10463, 10767, 11463, 10160, 10169, 11349, 11570, 11670, 10036, 11892, 10250, 10156
New Poster

I did. The remote flashes, green-green-green-red-green. And none of them worked.

9-9-1 does turn the TV off, just not back on with the TV remote button. And volume doesnt work witg the XR11 remote. Because the remote doesnt work the TV.

New Poster

Voice Remote not accepting some TV codes

I have successfully programmed 2 of 3 voice remotes to control our TVs.  I have been unsuccessful in programming the 3rd TV.  The 3rd TV is a Sony Bravia series.  I have tried all of the codes listed for Sony.  What I find interesting is that some of the codes fail to program in their entirety into the remote.  For example, the most likely code for Sony is listed as "10000".  When I go through the programming steps, I am able to enter 1...0...0...but as soon as I enter the 4th "0", the remote blinks red and stops accepting any more programming entries.  This exact thing happens with a couple of the other possible Sony codes.  Why are there some codes that are not able to be entered in their entirety?  And why is it happening specifically on a code that is listed as "most likely" to be the code for Sony in the instructions????

Gold Problem Solver

Hopefully you are aware the RNG 150 Companion box requires an additional adapter in order for Aim Anywhere to work...
Expert
Moved:

Re: Voice Remote not accepting some TV codes

New Poster

Control Onkyo receiver with Comcat Remote

I have programmed my remote (The Voice Remote) to control my Onkyo receiver.

I am able to adjust the receiver volume via  Comcast remote.

Howver when pressing the Power button, the receiver shut off for a second and
is then turned back on. There is no way to turn off the receiver for good except to 
manually press the Power button on the receiver.

How to fix this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Control Onkyo receiver with Comcat Remote

I had an issue similar to yours when I first got my XR11.

I don't know what fixed it, but several months later i got a second XR11 and paired it with my DVR (I assume you are using your Onkyo with a DVR).

Then I paired the old XR11 to my DVR and I noticed both remotes were able to control the power of the receiver. 

I used the online X1 remote setup.  Coincidence?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index/

Help provides you the following options in addition to how-to tutorials to make the most of your X1 experience.

• Restart: Restarts the device to fix common issues.
  • Remote Setup: Take customers through remote radio frequency (RF) pairing flows and infrared (IR) programming for TV and audio devices. This flow is the same as pressing Setup on the remote control.

Expert

@jrush69 wrote:

I did. The remote flashes, green-green-green-red-green. And none of them worked.

9-9-1 does turn the TV off, just not back on with the TV remote button. And volume doesnt work witg the XR11 remote. Because the remote doesnt work the TV.

try reversing the 'search' in that you will start with TV in OFF and watch for a code that turns it on. 

some models of manufacturers provide discrete off instead of toggle. 

New Poster

Re: XI Voice piairing to Yamaha audio system

You are correct.  It looks like X1 system remotes only work with older yamaha systems.   I just bought a new Yamaha TSR-7790 today and spent 3 hours trying to get the X5 remote to work with it.  The standard 30176 code works for the volume but does not turn it on/off.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XI Voice piairing to Yamaha audio system

Try ALL possible codes. Some codes may work better than others. I show Yamaha has like 100+ codes.

Most likely code
Others to try
30712, 31276, 32061, 30376, 33580, 32467, D0187, D0036, 33266, 31815, 33030, 33582, 31476, 30082, 33587, 32469, 31176, 31376, 32615, 33407, 33319, 33433, 31948, 33324, 33394, 30142, 33283, 30354, 31422, 32406, 33408, 33416, 33313, 32116, 32455, 31331, 33333, 31949, 30186, 32471, 33258, 32906, 33267, 33156, 33392, 33503, 31810, 33440, 33667, 32608, 33371, 33397, 33399, 33403, 31976, 31776, 31375, D1292, 30133, 30143, 30545, 33375, 32950, 33070, 33788, 33789, 33504, 33426, 31947, 31809, D0170, 32592, 33500, 34008, 33113, 32844, 32848, 33271, 33374, 33395, 30293, 32590, 30591, 33153, 33917, D0261, D0888, D3664, V0038, 33315, 33396, 30504, 30081, 32181, 32062, 32121, 32122, 33169, 33256, 33270, 34009, 33592, 33626, 33566, 33435, 30592, 31797, 30292, D1287, 33689, 33130, 32915, 32918, 32919, 33424, 32177, 32180, 32063, 32064, 32981, 32982, 32983, D0490, D2907, D2909, D3327, V0041
New Poster

using the remote by voice

I have watched the video and followed the instrustions and i am still not able to change the chanel by using the remote.  is there something i shoud be setting up

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Voice Remote not accepting some TV codes

The XR11 remotes have a known issue where they don't accept some 5 digit codes properly. You will only be able to use the search method to program it.

Hold setup until green

Ch+ over and over until tv turns off

Setup

'

Silver Problem Solver

Re: using the remote by voice

What happens when you try? Error message?

Did you pair your remote to the box?

Silver Problem Solver

Look at the color of the light on the top of the remote when changing channels

Green = RF paired

Red = Not RF paired

New Poster

How to program input button on voice remote ?

How do I program the input button on the new X1 remote. My Emerson tv worked fine. But input doesn't.